Answered / Added Operation: Update the Capital

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: A1phaSniper
- Suggestion Title: The implementation of 1.13 features to the canal and surrounding areas. Codenamed: Operation: Update the Capital.
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Currently, the canal and the surrounding areas are a little barren. This post is suggesting an operation supporting interdepartmental cooperation for a common goal: Bringing life to the city's waterways. To put it simply, each department will have their respective tasks which will all be connected in some way to create a more beautiful canal. Let me elaborate by a list of suggested tasks:
Department of Justice:
-The creation of a waterfront police station (with easy access boats for any officer's use)

Department of Construction:
-The addition of a new marina (where yachts that players win from the vote shop will most likely be)
-Adding shipwrecks to the bottom of the canal (I just think it would look cool, but most likely won't be taken into consideration)
-Manage the implementation of a new waterfront (with water access) business district centered around warehouses, and industrial buildings.

Department of Agriculture:
- The design and implementation of a fish hatchery (where turtles, fish, and possibly kelp and coral can be farmed and released into the canal to add more life to the waterways)
-Planting kelp, seagrass, coral, etc. on the canal floor to add more life to the bottom of the canal)

Department of Public Affairs:
-The design and implementation of a public pool (Where events can be held)
-The addition of new events (Like boat races, swimming races, fun in the sun, etc.)

Department of Business Development:
-Manage the implementation of a new building near the suggested marina that will house nautical-themed shops that people can purchase

Department of Employment:
-Possible addition of a fisherman job? (x2 on certain fish/ better luck?)

Outcome:

Pros:
-Will increase interdepartmental communication
-Creates an updated canal and surrounding areas
-Will have a return investment with the sales of plots and regions
-Will give way to new events, and create a happier and connected community.

Cons:
-Will most likely cost money in supplies for the project
-Some part may need to be redesigned to fit certain additions.

- Additional Information:
This is obviously a long term goal, and I don't expect every suggestion to be taken into effect. Please note: It's hard to give an idea of where these places would be located without adequate maps to take it from, but it would most likely be within the current capital, or apart of future expansions.
More ideas might include:
-The implementation of a beach at WestWood city for future events.

Please comment with any suggestions or feedback you may have!

Last edited:

Block86

Citizen
I love this! Maybe something like the Chicago river walk could go along the channel.

Attachments

• 613B3436-DFB0-4AF5-96F2-4B8F153BD31A.jpeg
    613B3436-DFB0-4AF5-96F2-4B8F153BD31A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • EB3DAA81-D1E9-4203-AEDB-B578F2A68F18.jpeg
    EB3DAA81-D1E9-4203-AEDB-B578F2A68F18.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Kat

flower girl
Donator
This is interesting, I don't know about releasing animals into the canal though lol, but the coral sure

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
In my opinion, I feel like it would bring a whole new possibility for life in the canal. Plus due to current region constraints, they can't be picked up or bred, which will make the job exclusive to members of the DoA. But I see your point of view and the idea of releasing animals into the canal may seem like a useless task.