• No (Comment Why)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
- Username: xEndeavour
- Suggestion Title: Adjust price and limit wild regions.
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
Ok, so as a follow up I'd like to propose the following for you guys to vote on above.

Raise to K10/block

Limit of 1000 Block surface area in one region per player. (this is still a large area considering people will just build a tower anyway. I'll attach a picture for reference - this plot is 1700 blocks) Thus, the largest purchase one can make in the wild is K10,000..

Existing regions grandfathered in.

If you choose, you can get a 1 month incentive period to sell extra regions in for 110% refund. (considering the usual refund is 90%)

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:

Last edited:

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
We have a huge housing and property surplus in pretty much every city, and I'd say a big cause of that is that wilderness bases are simply cheaper and too OP. I 100% support this and I hope that cabinet takes swift action.

Jocie

10/10 Lawyer ;)
Donator
While I can see the pros for removing wild this doesn't touch on unofficial towns. Places like Old Lexford or Wioska, of which have had hours of work poured into them, are then rendered worthless and grief-able. It also is disregarding people who have houses, company HQ's, or farming companies that are out in the wild. Even with incentives to sell, some of these places are plain priceless in memories or actual earn-able krunas. Besides, for people who have lots of building materials, renting enough space to keep all their items makes keeping them for builds or selling not worth it. I get that we strive for realism but some of us want to escape our poverty, not live it in every aspect of our ever crushing lives.

Oh, and if you want wild bases to stop being so "cheap" and "OP", just raise the price to claim.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Im for the bill, I just feel that It would need to be capped and not just completely removed.

Pig_Girl

The Lurker
Donator
I say no to this for similar reasons Jocie has pointed out. I’ve spent countless hours working on my (unofficial) town that goes by the name of Ashville. Even if you offered me 500% of the original selling price for the already existing claims there, I still wouldn’t take the offer seeing as it would be as if all my work went down the drain, due to the fact that I would be unable to expand it. Lots of people such as myself would run into similar issues where they’ve put so much work into their stuff, that a part of their soul (or maybe the entire thing) might be shattered in the process.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
How. About. No? Even if you make your list of pros a hundred times longer, it still doesn't make up for the fact that farms are how we get money. If we couldn't have a region in the wild to farm on, how would people get money FOR those suburbs, homes, and plots? When I say this, I didn't look over the fact that you already addressed grandfathering current regions. I'm talking about the numerous new people who already have a hard time getting started.

When you think about it, wild regions have a wider array of uses than just "ruining the town/city economy." Like Piggirl said, it's how people chase their roleplay-inspired dreams and create their own towns. In my case, airports too. What I'm trying to say is: wild regions offer that extra roleplay experience that you can't get from city/town plots.

Finally, you have to understand where this money is coming from if the supposed 110% resell value was introduced. The Government. I'm pretty sure the government-officials wouldn't like it when they see their multi-million dollar enterprise fall into the thousands.

Last edited:

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
While I can see the pros for removing wild this doesn't touch on unofficial towns. Places like Old Lexford or Wioska, of which have had hours of work poured into them, are then rendered worthless and grief-able. It also is disregarding people who have houses, company HQ's, or farming companies that are out in the wild.

These would be grandfathered in with the new law, meaning they would retain their region and be exempt.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
I do not believe this will be beneficial. For a few reasons, one for newer players it hard to gain a job and have access to the area for the job. As a Tour Guide, I have seen the vast majority of newer players choose the role of a farmer. Let say you were able to move players to a city you would require a huge expanse of farming, similar to the capital's which would require newer cities to the region and buy such a large amount of land. The capital's farming district is 405 blocks by 414 blocks, which is about 168 hundred thousand Blocks. Image a small town buy that amount of land. Besides what if new players do not understand this idea and start building a home near a warp, without regions that player will be left to mercy to others. However, how could a player not know about this action we are speaking about and still know about regions, well they do not have to know. Because once a new player sees they can not destroy a few regions around the warp they often don't try to take apart every build and travel far. Once we do away with player regioning and a new player sees they can destroy the builds near spawn, players who do not know better (which will not be all players, with most being taught about this) will be at the mercy of others. Finally, I agree with everything that Jocie, Pig Girl, and A1phaSniper have stated.

Gettnate

Citizen
Donator
I will agree with the majority on this. I do not think removing regions entirely with grandfathering is going to help. Hours upon hours have been spent on creation of large regions like towns, national parks, farms, etc. I do not believe people are going to be incentive in selling for a premium price because no money can pay for the many hours labor and memories associated with their regions. Thus they will most likely not move. I would support an increase in region prices to discourage people to claim new regions in wild and go to any of the other cities to buy/rent regions. If raising the prices does not solve the problem, I am more than willing to explore additional options in the future.

Johnnyboi12345

Citizen
Donator
i disagree with this idea for all reasons by those who stated above. The reason grandfathering means nothing is because even if you were to grandfather them in, once those people leave they take the regions with them. Moreover i see this as something made by people who might not have looked at it from the angles of the everyday player. Not everyone on the server can afford plots in cities or towns and certainly would just give up and leave should this go through. Destroying a way of life for the majority of the server is a sure way to piss people off.

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
For everyone who has disagreed, what do you all think a fair price per block would be as an alternative, if they were to raise wild region prices?

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
Perhaps we need a chart to show how sizes, 3 by 3 and 10 by 10 area's pricing changes by how much the region amount is, to help us as we discuss increasing it.

TBIWOG

Citizen
Banned
TJUN123
TJUN123
EventPlanner
I like it a lo. I feel like this is a good idea. It will bring more realism.