Answered / Added Abolish the Supplemental Income Plugin

What do you think should be done ?

• Increase prices of for killing mobs to the past ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase prices of killing mobs to the past ones and add back kill streak bonuses Only for Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Greetings players of Businescraft, I am here today to give my opinion on the recent plugin that has been added named "Supplemental Income Plugin".

For those who don't know this is what the plugin has changed:

- All jobs now receive automatic payments for completing job-related tasks such as gathering or crafting, and only for those with that job title. (That means no income for killing hostile mobs unless you are a Hunter.)
- The maximum amount anyone can earn is 500kr per server reset (8 hours). Hunters no longer earn killstreak bonuses.
- Brewer has been combined with Chef because we could not code payments for Brewers. If you are currently a Brewer you will need to take the Chef exam to keep brewing alcoholic drinks.
- There are no payment messages in the chat to avoid spam. It will go directly into your balance without notifying you. Please check your balance before reporting a problem.

Credits to Kailabeann for writing that on the BC discord

I believe that this new plugin has done more good than bad to the community, especially to the players that make most of their money through killing mobs a night. I do agree that the Farmer job and Hunter job, excuse me for the word were a bit useless as anyone could have done them without having to get the job at the university. But I am afraid that this cut in prices for killing mobs will have a bad impact on the pockets of players that make all of their money through killing mobs, and not to talk about the players that invested krunas in mob farms that took them hours if not days to make and having most of their income cut down to more then 50%. I was in the process of building a huge non-automatic creeper farm that would have benefitted the community as gunpower can be used to make rockets which are widely used in the server but as prices for killing creepers have been cut very heavily I do not know if I will ever get back the money I invested in this farm and land as it would have been built in a 128x128 block perimeter. I don't understand why it's bad making 150 or 200 kr per night. Oh, and to reach these numbers u need highly level enchanted swords and gear that most new players do not have which makes it an even bigger struggle to make money. So I am left with one question in my mind... How will players of which mainstream of income was killing mobs make a decent amount of money in the server?

Money gained from Killing Creepers Before--> 5kr
Money Gained from killing Creepers Now--> 1.60kr
68% decrease
Money gained from Killing Zombies Before--> 2 kr
Money Gained from Killing Zombies now--> 60 cents
70% Decrease

Thank you for reading

Have a wonderful day

Jeeeeef

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Jeeeeef
Jeeeeef
PoliceOfficer
Some players were making HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of krunas a month solely from mob grinding, which greatly inflates prices on the server. This limits players creating too much money out of thin air which keeps inflation lower while simultaneously making it easier for some of the other jobs to make some money.

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
Allow me to explain my reasoning for this update.

Hunter has been way too overpowered for a long time. So much so the default first job recommended to new players was Hunter because they could make hundreds of krunas every night. Glossing over the fact how that artificially introduces mass amounts of money into our economy, since the ESL was removed there's very little reason for anyone to have any other job.

This plan was added to not only give jobs more purpose and utility but also make them all equally profitable. Now all the jobs are equitable, none is more powerful than the other which means there will be greater job diversity and people are free to do the work that they most enjoy rather than whatever makes the most money through inflated means.

It's also important to note this is called "Supplemental Income" for a reason. Nobody should be relying 100% on these systems to make money. We are a server that values entrepreneurship and business. Grinding is a boost, not a sole venture.

I understand not making as much as you were able to before as a Hunter is upsetting, but this is what's best for the server and the economy at large. I made this decision to benefit the most amount of players as possible. Not to mention the DoE and several admins worked very hard building this custom plugin for over 6 weeks that has only been active for 2 days now. I have no intention of reversing it any time soon.

Some players were making HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of krunas a month solely from mob grinding, which greatly inflates prices on the server. This limits players creating too much money out of thin air which keeps inflation lower while simultaneously making it easier for some of the other jobs to make some money.
alright, I just wanna say that in the unlikely event that my perimeter with farm works very well and generates me lots of money please don't come at me talking about inflation and how I am effecting it because this plugin should be enough to keep the inflation growing at slower rates then before. ty

Allow me to explain my reasoning for this update.

Hunter has been way too overpowered for a long time. So much so the default first job recommended to new players was Hunter because they could make hundreds of krunas every night. Glossing over the fact how that artificially introduces mass amounts of money into our economy, since the ESL was removed there's very little reason for anyone to have any other job.

This plan was added to not only give jobs more purpose and utility but also make them all equally profitable. Now all the jobs are equitable, none is more powerful than the other which means there will be greater job diversity and people are free to do the work that they most enjoy rather than whatever makes the most money through inflated means.

It's also important to note this is called "Supplemental Income" for a reason. Nobody should be relying 100% on these systems to make money. We are a server that values entrepreneurship and business. Grinding is a boost, not a sole venture.

I understand not making as much as you were able to before as a Hunter is upsetting, but this is what's best for the server and the economy at large. I made this decision to benefit the most amount of players as possible. Not to mention the DoE and several admins worked very hard building this custom plugin for over 6 weeks that has only been active for 2 days now. I have no intention of reversing it any time soon.
alright I guess I will wait until someone removes the plugin