Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament!

- Title:
Better Communication within Parliament

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
Right now the Parliament system is set up well, but there is a communication blockage. Members of Parliament make Motions, Parliament votes, and the Bill is either accepted or denied. If a Bill is accepted it is then implemented in the way the Member of Parliament and his fellow lawmakers that voted upon it meant for it to be implemented in. However, during the implementation, Parliament hears nothing from the team that is implementing the Bill. I propose that the BusinessCraft administration would keep Parliament actively updated on the implementation of accepted Bills. This would let Parliament know what’s going on, so they could (especially the Parliamentarian who created the Motion originally) oversee that everything goes as planned or be informed if it doesn’t. I’m sure that many MPs have and do wonder what is going on with their accepted Bills and those of others, and this would help solve that communication block. Thank you.

Additonal Information:
Help writing from SlimeEmperor​

Last edited:

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
If a Bill is accepted it is then implemented in the way the Member of Parliament and his fellow lawmakers that voted upon it meant for it to be implemented in.
Correct, as the way it should be!

However, during the implementation, Parliament hears nothing from the team that is implementing the Bill.
Also correct. This is due to the fact that there really is no need for parliament to hear from the administration team.

I’m sure that many MPs have and do wonder what is going on with their accepted Bills and those of others
The only thing that Parliament is actually permitted to do, despite other MPs trying to bend the rules, is to create, edit, and remove laws. If they wanted to know how the implementation is going, they could just check the public legal document. That's what it's there for.

sparkleA

Citizen
However, recently with the changes in Parliament’s powers, more has been allowed to happen, things that wouldn’t just be visible in the law. While I think this motion needs more work (i.e. how would this communication work?) I do believe it has the basis for a good idea. Perhaps communication could be put directly on the bill itself as to the status. e.g. on a bill with a plug-in required “This bill was declined by server administration as this plugin has too many glitches to be used on the server.”

Last edited:

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Yes, thank you sparkle. So basically exactly what you said, updates would be posted on the bills and would say something like “the foundation for the beach plots have been made” nothing super fancy just something simple to keep members of parliament updated. Is this kind of what you were looking for?

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Yeah... I don't really see much of a reason to make this a bill.
This mostly sparked out of my beach plot bill and Parker’s sign bill. First of all I had now no idea that the signs were removed and I had no idea how to check who owned a plot, this is the type of thing they would write. Secondly I have no idea what the progress of beach plots are. Just small updates as to what’s going on.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
The only thing that Parliament is actually permitted to do, despite other MPs trying to bend the rules, is to create, edit, and remove laws. If they wanted to know how the implementation is going, they could just check the public legal document. That's what it's there for.
Parliament has new powers... Even before these new powers, things like the Highway were implemented.
Koal has said before "We believe in transparency" (when announcing that the Parliament board should be visible to all players). If the server believes in transparency, why are these things seemingly secretive?
This Motion would ensure that Parliament can see that everything is happening-- the way that they had voted or motioned it to happen. This would also allow them to point out any possible flaws, etc. in the execution of the said passed bill.

sparkleA

Citizen
I do think this motion is important. Not all motions have to completely change server gameplay. This would just provide some clarity for MPs and other players.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Hm.. when you put it that way... I can see your points. I have decided to vote aye if this motion becomes a bill. (I hope it does)

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
This is just a reminder, this was made on Nov 14 and still doesn’t have a denied or accepted, along with many other bills, just wondering if that’s gonna happen, thanks

sparkleA

Citizen
Mods cannot accept or deny bills, but given that the majority was opposed, it should be given a rejected title when someone gets to it.