Creepsteve05's election post (December 2020)

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Hey everyone!

I've decided to run for parliament once again, and I
have a few goals I plan to accomplish.

To start off, I plan to heavily support all decentralization initiatives. As the covid boom winds down, this server needs a firm direction if it is to prosper. Decentralization is a key part in that, and I am working with other candidates on a bill that would kickstart this process. I understand I am being vague at the moment, however I will update this post soon.

A bill I plan to propose to the
Anti Voter Fraud Bill, which you can read here. As some of you may know, I was disqualified from the last election because some shady people voted for me. This bill would have prevented that, and will prevent similar situations in the future.

A few other things I support; illeglazation of negative effect arrows, grace for new players (Idea by Zzz_King), harsher punishments for frivolous lawsuits, and harsher punishments for destruction of landscape. I will update this post soon with more. so stay tuned

Qualifications
I joined BC almost 9 months ago, and I have a playtime of almost 20 days. I'm a Tour Guide (4 months) and extremely active in political discussion.

Last edited:

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Can you elaborate on Decentralization ?

Gladly!
As of now, BC uses a 'spill over method' where players spill over from the starting city into other cities. Even though there is far more capacity than demand for housing, shop spaces, etc; the capital city is still limited by size. Because the city is so big, players can't efficiently traverse it in a manner that promotes activity in all regions.

With a hub based system, players will have equal opportunity to join any city, each having their own unique characteristics. Also with easier access, other cities/towns will have more visitors even if they're not residents. This is a 'grow with it' approach that is theoretically much better than a spill over approach, as it allows for stable, long term growth. Now I completely understand that getting a hub based system implemented is far out of a MP's reach, however there are many initiates that can kickstart the process. For instance, making free transport to other cities, property tax in the capital, and other similar actions.

FlamingNinja728

Former Moderator
Donator
FlamingNinja728
FlamingNinja728
Tier2
Could you elaborate what your plans would be to Determine if a Vote is fraud or not? Like specifically what would cause it to be disqualified? Also what type of negative affect arrows are we talking, the crate arrows or vanilla ones as well?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Could you elaborate what your plans would be to Determine if a Vote is fraud or not? Like specifically what would cause it to be disqualified? Also what type of negative affect arrows are we talking, the crate arrows or vanilla ones as well?
The criteria would be exactly what staff (Koal) consider to be over fraud. I am proposing this because there is no defined criteria for a disqualified vote. Additionally, the forum account creation restriction ensures that only dedicated players are to vote, which prevents someone from getting a bunch of random new players to vote, despite their lack of care in server politics.

Also what type of negative affect arrows are we talking, the crate arrows or vanilla ones as well?
Any arrows that have negate effects and can be used for a malicious purpose. The ban would only waffly to the city. I believe @Codes320 tried to pass a similar bill before, however it got rejected. Mine will include more reasoning and stricter definitions.

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
To start, Decentralization has been talked about for way too long. If you search up just the word "decentralization" within these forums you can find it in so many election posts and so on. Yes everyone is down for decentralization but In my opinion, parliament can't do a single thing. It's really up to staff to execute that kind of project, trust me if parliament could I would've made it happen by now.

The way you worded your "Anti Voter Fraud Bill" sounds like sherlock accords as you stated:
As some of you may know, I was disqualified from the last election because some shady people voted for me. This bill would have prevented that and will prevent similar situations in the future.

"Harsher punishments for destruction of landscape" With the punishments now that are community service and fines. How "harsher" do you want these punishments to be?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
The way you worded your "Anti Voter Fraud Bill" sounds like sherlock accords as you stated:
It's the opposite. Either way in that situation, it would not have affected the outcome. The bill is only to publicly define the definitions of voter fraud.

"Harsher punishments for destruction of landscape" With the punishments now that are community service and fines. How "harsher" do you want these punishments to be?
I would propose an edit to double the current fines; more of a deterrent.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
I plan to heavily support all decentralization initiatives

Decentralization how? Recent bills moved respawn to nearby cities, and I've heard about a possible choice of what city to start spawning in once you've completed the tutorial. Would you be pushing for changes like these, or different ones?

illeglazation of negative effect arrows
How would this work? What sort of punishments would you receive for owning negative effect arrows, selling them, shooting people with them, etc.
arsher punishments for frivolous lawsuits,
harsher how? Right now there is a warning, how harsh exactly would the punishment for a forum infraction get, and would it extend ingame?
harsher punishments for destruction of landscape
You said doubling the fine would solve this, but how would you deal with the community service aspect of the punishment? Would making the punishment harsher really resolve the problem, or just raise people's ire and incite them to rebel more?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Decentralization how? Recent bills moved respawn to nearby cities, and I've heard about a possible choice of what city to start spawning in once you've completed the tutorial. Would you be pushing for changes like these, or different ones?
Actually that wasn't a bill, rather a feature Hybrid made. I would push for any initiate that drives traffic to other cities such as instant transport to other cities, or free transport

How would this work? What sort of punishments would you receive for owning negative effect arrows, selling them, shooting people with them, etc.
The bill would ilegalize the use of negative effect arrows in cities.

harsher how? Right now there is a warning, how harsh exactly would the punishment for a forum infraction get, and would it extend ingame?
As I previously said, the edit I propose would double fines for destruction of landscape; hopefully making it a deterrent.

You said doubling the fine would solve this, but how would you deal with the community service aspect of the punishment? Would making the punishment harsher really resolve the problem, or just raise people's ire and incite them to rebel more?
A majority of candidates support removing community service as a punishment, and so do I.

violetunknown

Deputy Prime Minister
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Ty for the quick response, jsut a few more questions :D

Actually that wasn't a bill, rather a feature Hybrid made. I would push for any initiate that drives traffic to other cities such as instant transport to other cities, or free transport
Would instant transport negatively affect Taxi Driver's livelihoods?
A majority of candidates support removing community service as a punishment, and so do I.
Do you have something you support in leiu of community service?

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
Would instant transport negatively affect Taxi Driver's livelihoods?
Sadly taxi driver is a dead job. There is one taxi driver on the server right now, and they're in it for the memes. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Do you have something you support in leiu of community service?
As community service is never used, the current system is fine without it. Fines and jail time seem to be more effective.

violetunknown

Deputy Prime Minister
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Sadly taxi driver is a dead job. There is one taxi driver on the server right now, and they're in it for the memes. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As community service is never used, the current system is fine without it. Fines and jail time seem to be more effective.
Aight ty, that clears it up :) have a good one