Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament,

- Title:
Deputy Ministers

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Edit

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
I was thinking abut this and came up with the idea, only to shortly find out that this already is a thing. I am here to help improve this and make it more known and more useful. Right now we have ministers of each department in the government. Although there is a deputy minister, it is not really used or even known. I suggest this changes, I suggest that it is required for each department to have a minister and deputy minister. The person that is appointed deputy minister of say department will then receive an in game title of Deputy minister and will begin his/her actions and duties. They will help the minister and will basically be a helping hand, maybe if the minister is busy with other things and needs something in the department to get done. Or maybe the minister is busy with personal matter in real life and cannot be active as much. The deputy minister would help with all of this. Pretty much the only change - that the minister of the department nominates the deputy minister.

- Other Information:
Plz let me know if i have gotten anything wrong so that i can change it. Thank you!​

Last edited:

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
This is already a thing. Deputy Ministers do exist as a role but no one currently is one. And yes, they already have to be approved by Parliament.
Yea I just found out they are a thing, but this is kinda to enforce/encourage it more. And thnx for the other info, didn’t know about that.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
Yea I just found out they are a thing, but this is kinda to enforce/encourage it more. And thnx for the other info, didn’t know about that.
Deputy ministers are not a requirement. There is nothing here to enforce. A motion about the creation of something that already exists is contradictory and a waste of time as nothing would change. This is also not a very good means of informing the current department ministers that such an object exists.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Deputy ministers are not a requirement. There is nothing here to enforce. A motion about the creation of something that already exists is contradictory and a waste of time as nothing would change. This is also not a very good means of informing the current department ministers that such an object exists.
If you see it says “edit” not “creation” and I just feel that every department should have one, maybe I am wrong.

sparkleA

Citizen
I do not believe these should be a requirement. For starters, they aren’t necessary for smaller departments, such as the DoPA. If someone were to be appointed Deputy Minister, there wouldn’t be enough people in the DoPA, so the Deputy Minister wouldn’t be doing that job, but rather the job of a Community Coordinator. That’s not to say that all departments don’t need them. But, I believe it should be up to each individual department whether or not there is a Deputy Minister.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
I do not believe these should be a requirement. For starters, they aren’t necessary for smaller departments, such as the DoPA. If someone were to be appointed Deputy Minister, there wouldn’t be enough people in the DoPA, so the Deputy Minister wouldn’t be doing that job, but rather the job of a Community Coordinator. That’s not to say that all departments don’t need them. But, I believe it should be up to each individual department whether or not there is a Deputy Minister.
Agreed. The ministers know their individual department better than anyone. They know what’s best for it.