Answered / Added Government budgeting

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: A1phaSniper
- Suggestion Title: Government Budgeting
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): I believe a budgeting system for our government would be a great aspect of realism. In practice, it's a very simple concept. When a Prime Minister is first elected, their first job will be designating how to disperse the government budget between the various departments. After they submit a budget proposal, it must be approved by parliament before being implemented. Whatever amount that has been designated for a specific department will be final and the minister of that department will have to make it work for the entire election round. This money would most likely be used for department projects, etc (wages will not be included due to the toll it takes on the possible budget numbers). This can also pave the way for departments to charge for services and keep that money to fund their projects (for example, the transportation revenue can be used to fund DoC projects and the DoJ fines can go towards their projects).

Just to make sure the cabinet members can make sure they get the money they need, they can also submit proposals to the Prime ministers for the minimum amounts they're looking for. This suggestion can also lead to the implementation of a new government job: treasurer. This person would be appointed by the Prime minister and would be informed by the ministers of any expenses they come across (this position eliminates the possibility of embezzlement).

My final part of this suggestion will deal with how the overall government budget amounts will be determined. Since dispersing the entirety of the government budget is not ideal, only a fraction of it will be used. For example, the overall budget might be 1 million krunas and it would be broken up between each department equally.
- Additional Information: I know there was a lot of information in this suggestion. Any comments are appreciated.