In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 03/15/23

HunterHo LLP
Ryan_88

v.

Parliament

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:

The Public Veto Act states that any bill can be vetoed by the public with 20 signatures. This is illegal as the constitution specifically gives the sole power to veto legislation passed by Parliament to the Prime Minister.

II. Parties
1. Parliament
2. HunterHo LLP

III. Sequence of Events
1. On March 13th at 4:09 AM the Public Veto Act was proposed by MP MegaMinerM.
2. Voting opened on March 14th at 7:21 AM.
3. Voting closed March 15th at 7:21AM.

IV. Claims for Relief
1. Section 2, subsection 1, subsubsection IV of the constitution states "can Veto legislation passed by Parliament.".
2. The Public Veto Bill section 4, subsection 6 states that a veto made by the public will be above Parliament and the Prime Minister.
3. This is illegal as the constitution is the supreme law of the land and therefore must take precedent over any law passed by Parliament.

V. Damages
1. The Public Veto Act be halted in the legislative process for the duration of the case.
2. The Public Veto Act be deemed unconstitutional.

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-15 184758.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 184758.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 5

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
The Parliament Requests the suspension of this case until the case The People of Stratham, HunterHo LLP [ Poemhunter ] v The Department of State is settled as it could lead to the illegitimacy of the current Parliamentary Administration, rendering the defense as provided here null and void, threatening the integrity of this lawsuit.

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
Good afternoon,

Since the result of the case mentioned was an election of the parliament, we will be waiting for the election results and the swearing in of parliament before continuing this case.

That is all, thank you.

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
I retract my previous statement. Since the sitting parliament is considering invalid, so are the bills proposed during that term. Therefore, this bill may not be voted on, or considered until a new parliament is sworn in. If there is a constitutional breach once the new parliament is sworn in, I encourage submitting another lawsuit.

Thank you.