Lawsuit: Dismissed Olympus (Napugi) vs. Olympus Brands (TheMightyZulf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napugi

Citizen
Your Honor, I would like to reopen this case: (https://www.mcbusinesscraft.com/for...olympus-brands-themightyzulf.7023/#post-33468) on the basis of new information being found regarding company naming rights, as well as a counter-argument to a decision held on the previous ruling.

First of all, I would like to provide proof that under the official rules of the server, more specifically under the "Economic and Employment" Spoiler, and under the "Business Owner Rules" title, it says that "Your company’s name can’t be similar to another one;" which was the basis of my previous argument for which I was unaware of this rule. (https://www.mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/laws.2289/#post-16153)

Secondly, the reasoning as to why the previous court case was chosen on the defendant's side is because "The plaintiff has brought forth a case that claims the name of his company is protected for over seven months without presenting any legal backing for having control over the "Olympus" name. As a result, I cannot rule in favor of the plaintiff because he has not presented a charge in which I can rule in his favor."

Because of inactivity laws, this reasoning may work out, but at my time of returning to this server, no mention of an "Olympus Brands" was made either on the forums, or on the public discord, therefore upon my arrival, and re-uploading of my company's business plans on the server, this naming rights protection should have returned as a new company active in recent time, and not being held accountable for the period for which it was inactive. Especially since the defendant's company had not been created in that hiatus time. Another thing that I would like to point out is that on the forums, a "Discontinued" tag was never added to any of my Olympus posts, therefore, legally, these companies were still up and running and nothing had been done to take them down.

As for the charges, I would like to charge the defendant with breaking the official laws, therefore forcing him to change his company's name, and a settlement of only 1 kr.

Thank you your honor, but I have one more request, I would like to ask for a change of Judge since I fear the previous judge might have a biased opinion on this case since he has previously presided over it.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
On behalf of the Plaintiff's request I am dismissing this case.

Court Dismissed

This case was presided by Judge Tree60NoScope

Status
Not open for further replies.