Important Petitions

Discussion in 'Public Referendum' started by Kat, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Kat

Kat Madam Deputy Staff Member Senior Administrator Deputy Prime Minister Minister of Agriculture Mayor Donator

katt_tail
    If the public and/or Prime Minister is against the outcome of a bill that’s been decided by the Parliament, the Prime Minister has the ability to instead of vetoing a bill, choose to hold a public referendum on any new legislation passed by Parliament. The public's vote will be final and will no longer be subject to a veto by the Prime Minister. On this forum, petitions can be created by citizens with the proper format. If the petition gets more than 15 signatures, the Speaker of the Parliament will make an official referendum. If there are more than 30 signatures in favor, the Prime Minister will not be able to veto the decision unless the motion is simply not able to be implemented. If there are more than 15 signatures against the bill, the Prime Minister will be able to veto the bill regardless of the number of votes in favor.
    (Petitions can only be made for bills that have yet to be implemented)

A player can create a thread titled "Petition for <title of bill>" and follow this format:

Username:
    Title of bill:
    Why you are against/in favor of the bill:
    What you wish to accomplish with this:

In order to sign a petition you must respond to a petition created by a player with "I, <your username>, agree with this petition."

The minimum requirements for players to start/sign a petition and vote in a public referendum is having to be active in the server and forums and must of have 1 week of experience on the server.

A1phaSniper likes this.
  2. GlorifiedContent

GlorifiedContent Citizen

GlorifiedContent
    Questions!

1. People come up with crazy stuff, and masses represent it! Will there be a moderator of these bills? If so, won't it somewhat limit the amount of bills the community can make?

2. Can we make a bill to overrun the governemnt? And then make a bill to outlaw the further making of bills?

3. CatchEmAll1

CatchEmAll1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Minister of Health

CatchEmAll1
    A referendum is not the public making a bill. It is the public showing it’s disaproval or approval of a bill and to overturn a decision made by parliament.

Blitzblaze41, Libnah and Kat like this.
  4. GlorifiedContent

GlorifiedContent Citizen

GlorifiedContent
    Thank you, and more questions!

Questions!

1. Do petitions have to be against a bill? What if I want to make a petition for higher salaries?

2. Can we use tactics like strikes to influence our petitions?

5. CatchEmAll1

CatchEmAll1 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Minister of Health

CatchEmAll1
    As far as I know a petition has to be against a bill. About the strikes, I am not entirely sure. I would assume so but someone else’s opinion may be better on this.