In The Circuit Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 06/13/2024

poemhunter,
Representing himself

v.

Alienbloom20204

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:

The defendant in a global chat had said untrue statements about my character which amounts to slander under the reputation act.

II. Parties
1. poemhunter
2. Alienbloom20204

III. Sequence of Events
1. Alienbloom is talking about a election related thing in which poemhunter is mentioned
2. Alienbloom lists poem as edgey and not moral while the election is ongoing

IV. Claims for Relief
1. As per the Reputation act Section 4 (1) Slander shall be defined as “The act of using defamatory statements through means of messages that are untrue to damage the reputation of a corporation, or person(s).”
2. As per the Reputation act Section 4 (3) Defamatory shall be defined as “Remarks that are intended to damage the good reputation of a person(s) or corporate entity.”

V. Damages
1. For damages to my name in a global chat during an election period the plaintiff is seeking 4,000 Krunas
2. A public Apology for the caused offence
3. 500 krunas in legal fees

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    894.6 KB · Views: 32

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Judge
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Judge
@AlienBloom20204 is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @AlienBloom20204 , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge cherub54321 Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

DoubbleKerius

Department of Internal Development
Lawyer
Donator
DoubbleKerius
DoubbleKerius
Constructor
Howdy, I DoubbleKerius (Lawyer) will be representing the Defendant in this casejavaw_fXNicowpCj.png

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Judge
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Judge
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for making yourself known to the court. Please use the remaining time to present the defendant's response in the form of either an answer to complaint or motion to dismiss.

DoubbleKerius

Lawyer
Donator
DoubbleKerius
DoubbleKerius
Constructor
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 06/15/2024

Poemhunter
Attorney - Poemhunter

v.

Alienbloom20204
Attorney - DoubbleKerius

I. Motion To Dismiss
The Defendant motions to dismiss the case, respectfully based off the following:
1. There is no evidence that this was an attempt to damage the reputation of a corporation, or person(s)
2. There is no law regarding where one can speak their opinion on BC, speaking an opinion publicly does not constitute it to be a form of Slander
3. The evidence does not point to who/what is "moral" this is an assumption
4. From the Cambridge English Dictionary, the definition of Edgy is "Nervous, not calm"

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

P. Hunter

Speaker of Parliament
Speaker of the Parliament
Member of Parliament
Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Speaker of Parliament
Your Honour,

May I proceed with a response to the MTD

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Judge
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Judge
Good evening,

You may proceed with your response

P. Hunter

Speaker of Parliament
Speaker of the Parliament
Member of Parliament
Lawyer
Donator
poemhunter
poemhunter
Speaker of Parliament
MOTION TO DISMISS
Date: 06/16/2024

Poemhunter
Attorney - Poemhunter

v.

Alienbloom20204
Attorney - DoubbleKerius

I. Response to the Motion To Dismiss

1. There is no evidence that this was an attempt to damage the reputation of a corporation, or person(s)

- The words used in question was aimed at the plaintiff within the conversation, giving the structure of the sentence and it being said during an election in global in game it give perfect rise to amount of evidence of attacking ones reputation.

2. There is no law regarding where one can speak their opinion on BC, speaking an opinion publicly does not constitute it to be a form of Slander

- When looking to the act slander is defined as “The act of using defamatory statements through means of messages that are untrue to damage the reputation of a corporation, or person(s).” We are entitled to speak our opinions as no law prohibits place to exercise of such however there are laws to protect players from untrue statements made in a public setting. There is having an opinion and there is uttering untrue statements about a person.

3. The evidence does not point to who/what is "moral" this is an assumption

The Cambridge dictionary definition of Moral is as follows: “relating to the standards of good or bad behaviour, fairness, honesty, etc. that each person believes in, rather than to laws” or behaving in ways considered by most people to be correct and honest.” The defendant stated in game: “I can’t stop poem, is legal just not moral.” Which implies that my presence standing within the election is not right when I met all requirements for me to run and am entitled to do so via our constitution.

4. From the Cambridge English Dictionary, the definition of Edgy is "Nervous, not calm"

- We stand with the defence in the definition of the work “Edgy” being nervous, not calm along with another definition within the same dictionary as being nervous or easily upset. The defendant is implying that I am all of these things which he would have know knowledge off. It is a personal judgement about me expressed to a wider audience with the potential to make anyone reading it question me as a person during the election.

To sum this all up; The defendant is allowed to speak of his opinion as long as they comply with our laws and do not target or hurt the reputation of a person which this clearly does. This conversation took place in a public setting in which untrue statements that push an untrue view of me can do immense damage to the plaintiffs reputation. The context of the conversation was relating to the election and as a candidate in that election the words used could have a rapture of effect in my good name. By saying “just not moral” and pushing the word “Edgey” does have an affect and can influence a readers view on a person without any fact or truth to them statements.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Judge
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Judge
Good Afternoon,

I have decided to overrule the defence's motion to dismiss. The defence now has 48 hours to put forward an answer to complaint.

Cherub54321

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Senior Administrator
Judge
Lawyer
Mayor of Covington
Donator
Cherub54321
Cherub54321
Judge
Good Afternoon,

Seeing how the defence has elected not to respond with an answer to complaint, we shall now move forward to closing statements. The plaintiff now has 48 hours to present their closing statement if they wish to do so.