In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
CIVIL ACTION
Date: 08/08/23

(radwiniscool)
(radwiniscool representing self)

v.

(JohnLennon_60s)

I. Description of Case
The Plaintiff brings forth the following causes of action and alleges the following against the Defendant:

I (radwiniscool) asked JohnLennon_60s in private messages how old he is, however instead of responding within private messages, JohnLennon_60s heavily insinuated that I was a pedophile in global chat as a reply to my original question (attachment).

II. Parties
1. radwiniscool
2. JohnLennon_60s

III. Sequence of Events
1. I (radwiniscool) asked JohnLennon_60s in private messages what his age is
2. JohnLennon_60s called me (radwiniscool) a pedophile in Businesscraft's global chat
3. Due to JohnLennon_60s' public statement in global chat, my (radwiniscool) public image was injured

IV. Claims for Relief1.
1. JohnLennon_60s damaged my (radwiniscool) public image and reputation as other players mocked me (radwiniscool) based on what JohnLennon_60s said.
2. JohnLennon_60s is in direct violation of Stratham's Bill of Rights, which states: "Players will have the right to privacy and to be free from unwarranted publicity."
3. JohnLennon_60s is violating the Personal SLander and Defamation Act ( https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/the-personal-slander-and-defamation-act.18337/ )

V. Damages
1. Apology from JohnLennon_60s
2. 500kr in court fees
3. 500kr in fees associated with the slander, as I may potentially lose business opportunities due to the false accusations

In advancing this form to the court, you acknowledge and concur with the rules of court which highlight the importance of honesty at all times. Moreover, you understand the punishments for breaking these rules and/or committing perjury and deception in the court.

Attachments

• _.png
    _.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice
In The Distinguished Court of The Stratham Republic
Writ of Summons

@JohnLennon_60s is hereby summoned to the Court of the Stratham Republic, and must appear in the court in the following 48 hours starting at the time of this summon's sending. If the defendant fails to adhere to the conditions of the summons hereby set, the court will move forward with a default judgement.

radwiniscool

Department of Justice
Department of Justice
Lawyer
radwiniscool
radwiniscool
SocialAdvisor
Your honor, the defendant has not appeared in court within 48 hours. My intentions are not to rush the court, but instead to move forward with the default judgement.

MegaMinerM

Chief Justice
Justice
Judge
Department of Economy
Lawyer
Donator
MegaMinerM
MegaMinerM
Justice
I apologize for my late response,

Upon reviewing the case, the plaintiff asserts that the defendant has engaged in slanderous behavior towards them. The damages requested amount to k1,000, as well as an apology.

The Personal Slander and Defamation Act defines slander as “The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation".

The court believes the actions of the defendant to be in line with this definition.

Therefore, I declare the defendant guilty. I will be awarding the plaintiff k500 for legal fees and k500 as damages, amounting to a total of k1,000. Furthermore, it is requested that the defendant issue an apology to the plaintiff for the slander they have caused.

I wish for the Department of Justice to ensure that this transaction occurs in a timely manner.

That is all,
Thank You
Court Adjourned

Status
Not open for further replies.