• Poll closed .

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
- Title: Transparency
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Edit/creation.
- Elaboration & Reasoning: With the recently proposed changes in government, it is becoming more apparent that players should and will be the primary influencers and recipients of governmental control. It only makes sense to continue this trend by setting the government against real world parallels. As such, I propose that parliament implements a transparency system.

Addition Two: The introduction of government transparency.
Starting after the conclusion of this month’s election, Parliamentary sessions and cabinet meetings shall be transcribed and made available to the public on the forum by the Department of Public Affairs.

I. In cabinet meetings, the Cabinet Secretary shall be responsible for transcribing the records for cabinet meetings and handing them to the Department of Public Affairs for publishing.

a. The Prime Minister shall reserve the right to have portions of the record temporarily obscured from the public for a period of six months.
II. In Parliament, the newly elected MPs will decide amongst themselves who the Parliamentary Secretary shall be.

a. The secretary shall be responsible for transcribing the parliamentary session and handing the record to the Department of Public Affairs for publishing.

b. The Parliamentary President reserves the right to have portions of the record temporarily obscured from the public for a period of six months.
Additionally, the Department of Public Affairs shall create an application for journalists to request permission to sit in on a parliamentary session.

I. The application shall only be valid for the parliamentary session specified on the application.

a. The Parliamentary President reserves the right to deny any application, given that a valid reason for denial is provided.

b. Journalists will agree to not carry out of Parliament any information which has been obscured by the Parliamentary President.
Next, each quarter of the year, the Department of the Treasury will release a report detailing the finances and spending of the government for that quarter.
Finally, all publicly funded lands, which includes the houses of government and any land built by the Department of Construction, shall be freely open to the public starting immediately.

I. Exceptions to this rule may be made in limited forms, such as areas of conservation or areas that were not meant for public traffic, as long as a vote is put through Parliament to forbid public access to such places.

Other Information: The passage of this bill declares conflicting laws that are currently being implemented null and void. Future laws limiting the statutes of this bill may be implemented at the behest of Parliament through official vote.

This bill was written by WaywardBall, As a Member of Parliament am only proposing and endorsing this bill. All questions should be directed at the original author.

Last edited:

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I disagree with the Taxation/Department of Finance because:
  • It would require the installation of a new plugin
  • It would take money from players for unnecessary reasons
  • Government already earns money from other ways like selling plots in the capital, renting mall shops and other regions, selling players land in the wilderness and, once I find the way to fix this, will earn money from players buying items from the government shop once again.
However, I do agree with the publications idea. The DoPA could post/share such information once obtained. I also like Journalists having access to the Parliament's chat.

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
I agree with Koal. The government already has enough money so there's no need to collect taxes. But transparency could be a good thing.