Citizen
Donator
Hello Parliament.

- Title:
Creation of the FD

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):

Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
The FD will be a new department in the businesscraft world. Please read this whole motion in order to understand it all.

-Jobs:

With the addition of this new department come new jobs. See the list of jobs below:
-Minister: Like all other departments, the FD will have a minister. The minister Is nominated by the Prime Minister and voted in by Parliament. The minister will make sure the department runs smoothly and nothing goes wrong.
-Fire Chief: The Fire Chief will be an applicable job on forums similar to that of the EM. The FC would make sure that all firefighters are doing their job correctly and that none of the members of the FD are breaking any rules.
-Firefighter: The firefighter Will be the one the one in all of the action. They will be (for the most part) the ones putting the fires out. They would use a hoe that is named a hose that would spray water particles that put out the fire.

-How fires Start:
Fires will be able to be ignited by many different ways, some more rare than others. See the list below:
-Leaving the 20 block radius of a running furnace.
-Firework Debree
-Flint and steel. (anyone could light buildings on fire, and it would be considered a criminal act)
-Lightning
-Fire arrows
-Spontanious ignition (the rarest of all)

-Downsides That arent downsides:
-Would be annoying to players to have fires start and burn their buildings - Fires will not burn anything or destoy any blocks or buildings. The creation of the DoJ will make players want to do more criminal acts which will also annoy people

-More Information:

This plugin or some plugin similar to this one would have to be added in order to make this possible. https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/firefighterpro -Fires, like diseases, would not happen that often so it would not be a constant annoyance to players. -Wild fires could also be started (although this might not be necessary) and the FD would fly in planes and spray water down to put it out. Please Help improve this. I know it has some rough edges and i need you to help fix those.

PinkSpiral

ex Mod + DoE Minister
Donator
This sounds really interesting, and would make a great addition to the server! Would this affect just suburbs, or city high-rises too? Would certain plots (eg; spawn, hospital, mall) be protected from these "fires"?

iSharkk

An Apple Product
Donator
Maybe it's just me and this is insignificant, but wouldn't it make more sense if it was Department of ... Just thinking that it would match the rest of the server better but idrk.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Maybe it's just me and this is insignificant, but wouldn't it make more sense if it was Department of ... Just thinking that it would match the rest of the server better but idrk.
I couldn’t think of any names like that, feel free to suggest

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
I feel like this would create lots of lag... and with the lag problems currently(I’m sure staff are working on it), I’m gonna have to vote NAY. I like the idea of it adding roleplay, but the pros aren’t worth it compared to the cons. Also, the DoJ doesn’t promote crime! Well, a little...

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Fires will not burn anything or destoy any blocks or buildings.
I just really don't see the upside to adding this because if the fire does no damage then where is the motivation for the players to do their job? I get that it does add to the realism of the server and I'm positive some people would love to roleplay with this... but even diseases give damage... And if there was a way to get the fire to cause damage, what if there is a fire and no one under the job is on, the building would be destroyed.I don't know, It does just seem like a hassle. Please keep up the creative ideas though Marti! (Also Ironically the song "fire" came on while I was typing this.)

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I just really don't see the upside to adding this because if the fire does no damage then where is the motivation for the players to do their job? I get that it does add to the realism of the server and I'm positive some people would love to roleplay with this... but even diseases give damage... And if there was a way to get the fire to cause damage, what if there is a fire and no one under the job is on, the building would be destroyed.I don't know, It does just seem like a hassle. Please keep up the creative ideas though Marti! (Also Ironically the song "fire" came on while I was typing this.)
That is the point of the first 5 days, talk it over, suggest things, point out flaws. And yet... no one does that. This COULD be a very good addition, but since none of you have suggested anything it won’t. I’m just trying to improve BC, but I’m starting to give up because everyone is holding back.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
That is the point of the first 5 days, talk it over, suggest things, point out flaws. And yet... no one does that. This COULD be a very good addition, but since none of you have suggested anything it won’t. I’m just trying to improve BC, but I’m starting to give up because everyone is holding back.
And also jmart, we want this to happen, but we want to make sure it can be the best it can be ;-;

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Fact again. Because it's something to think about if you are going to try to improve it. Everyone had pretty much voted but polls are still open and I had a vote that could make it go either way, hence the explanation. I'm actually right on time.