Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
EDIT: SCROLL DOWN!
Title: Offline Curing Commands
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Creation
- Elaboration & Reasoning: This is a motion to help cure players whilst a doctor or any other DoH member is offline.
The Minister of the Department of Health and Hospital Secretaries should all have access to a special DoH channel on discord called "#offline-curing". This special discord channel would be connected to a bot that inputs commands on the server, letting the Minister and Hospital Secretaries use the "/cure" command from discord, and not the Minecraft server.

All the player would need to do to be cured is do tag Hospital Secretaries in the #support channel or in #global.
(You can suggest to change this if need be ^)

The #offline-curing channel should only be used when;
1. The player has asked multiple times for someone to heal them on the discord, and;
2. No doctor or any other DoH member is or can come online to heal the player (such as said person is at school, at work, etc).

Reasoning:
I, Vroomba, as the Minister of Health am frequently online on discord during the day at school or at work and am unable to come online (in-game) to heal players. Hospital Secretaries are also supposed to be active through discord in order to maintain their position. This would be very useful (as said above, we're active on discord during the day). We are active on discord because you can install discord on mobile devices, and on other computers. This new curing offline command channel would also give Hospital Secretaries a kind of "last resort" place if the Minister is offline to handle problems.

Edit:
Hospital Secretaries would be required to file a report underneath the DoH forums for every time they use the channel. The channel won't be abused. If no report is filed after using the channel, it will be assumed that it was used without reason and that Hospital Secretaries' job would be at risk. (Thank you Katt)

This will not be abused as it will be closely monitored by the Minister and other administration members. In addition, if something is deleted it will show in the text logs of discord. Therefore, abuse is eliminated!

This would eliminate players dying while DoH members are offline and complaining online.
- Other Information:
Nope!

Last edited:

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
Yes, let’s ruin every ounce of realism we have, make Doctors irrelivant and make people even more lazy.

The Doctor job will be useless if this is added, as people will just not pick Doctor and ask for healing, so that’s not going to work at all.
Then we have the lazy people ( Which we have a very large amount of. ) who then get even more lazy thanks to a commmand. The only good I can see out of this is preventing people from complaining about disease. Players can also purchase several cures at a time, so they can just do that. I really see this as the lazy way of doing it, and not finding a way to get more Doctors, or making it known that players can buy more than one remedy at a time. Also, how exactly can you tell if a Doctor is on or not? You can’t really. So there is a simple way to abuse it. We should not be relying on the people on Discord for everything.

Overall I see this as more of an issue than something helpful, as it will create laziness, remove need for Doctors, and is also quite easily abuseable.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
It’s better to try something then not try at all. And sure, maybe some ideas are completely crazy or bad, but it’s better to try that than do nothing about it.

If the pharmacy is expanded, it’ll lead to Doctors being useless as well. We simply can’t lure players into being Doctors. And buying additional cures is such a waste of money from the pharmacy.

This would only be used in extreme emergencies, because as of right now we only have the pharmacy with 4 remedies backing up the DoH which is fairly weak.

There are as little as 4-5 people online (when there’s the least activity in the server = less doctors. It’s a fill in to cover the hole)
during the day, so actually finding a doctor is quite rare yet there’s always at least a DoH member online in the discord. And remember although this is supposed to be a realistic server, it’s still minecraft.

This feature would only be available to HSs and The Minister, and since everything is backed up through discord it’s very reliable. I don’t really see another efficient solution as this one.

This channel would only probably used 1-2 a week if so, sometimes 3-5 times a week. Or sometimes not at all.

Last edited:

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
No, it isn’t better to try an idea if it’s bad, that idea is bad and it will clearly cause issues making things worse, I’d much rather see nothing done than a bad idea. And I have suggested you try getting more Doctors.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I never said add crap to the pharmacy, just find a way to get more Doctors, that’s it, that’s all there is to it, get more Doctors. If there are that few people to become Doctors, the server needs more players, which is not an issue we really deal with, that’s up to Koal on what he wants to spend on advertising. However you are right about one thing, it is good we have a vote.

Last edited:

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I've already tried. I've told people online without directly saying it to take the doctor exam, helped newcomers to find Either way, most people go to school during the day, and others are sleeping. There's always a random assortment of players online during the day, and just about everyday there's a different variety of players.
It much harder than it looks. It's easier said than done.

CatchEmAll1

Citizen
I never said add crap to the pharmacy, just find a way to get more Doctors, that’s it, that’s all there is to it, get more Doctors.
It isn’t that there aren’t enough doctors it is that there aren’t enough active doctors. If we had a more active community maybe that might solve the problem.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
Well then this isn't an issue with the DoH, it's an issue with the fact that we A: Don't have enough people. and B: Don't have enough active people. That seems like a far more important issue than this.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
I am taking initiative for the server and trying to propose a solution with what we have to work with. If it doesn’t pass I’ll just propose a new one until one passes regardless of how crazy or bad the idea may seem to others. I feel hurt and disrespected when one calls my ideas straight out bad and “this is never going to work”. Therefore I come up with new ones and try again. If this doesn’t pass, that’s okay. But for right now this is the idea on the table, so any suggestions to improve it and make it worthwhile are welcome. Feedback concerning the negative aspects as to how it cannot benefit the server are welcome as well, as long as you try and provide a solution to the issue. Saying “here are the issues; think and fix it on your own” doesn’t really help much as the bill is here to be improved on by other people as to not have one person doing all the thinking. I am kindly requesting open minds, not a set bias that something can’t change.

Even though someone may take action to increase the player base, something still needs to cover this unfortunate hole in the meantime until the player base is high enough to have doctors on daily. This is my version of a solution.

Last edited:

Kat

flower girl
Donator
So I really like the creativity behind this idea, but I also do agree with Jag and Parker that it removes the realism, a solution would be more doctors but that is a difficult thing at the moment considering we don't have many players. My thought though to make sure the realism stays is that we would only give this power to staff members. I'm thinking to make it a bit more realistic we could only provide the command for admins+ or just the owners. I'm not a huge discord fanatic so understanding how we would even implement this as a thing is beyond me. I also agree that we need to try to stay positive because just saying it won't work isn't finding a solution to the problem at hand, and the problem is clearly finding a way to help players when a doctor+ isn't on. I like that he proposed this solution even if it may not be the exact way we might end up using. So if we could try not to be hostile with one another that would probably make finding a solution easier.

Nature_Girl

Trial Moderator
I agree with everyone here. As Parker said, it could make people more lazy, and only that there is one thing good that this will bring, plus side effects. And it would indeed destroy the need for doctors like I, because the players could just use discord, instead of running all the way to the hospital to click the sign and wait ten seconds for the doctor and etc., so I personally think this should not be added (Or would they do that either way?). It would also cause the loss of realism, as the doctors+ are currently very realistic and are there for your cure.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I would vote aye on this if only it was just a staff permission of sorts, I don’t agree with this power being used by HS

honeyandstars

Has revealed herself as mayor
Donator
Name:
noodlekitten
Reason you missed the vote:
I have missed the vote due to studying for finals, other hobbies and school related things, so therefore not having access to my phone or computer.
Your vote:
Nay

Reactions: Kat