Answered / Added Drug Plugin

Should drugs be added?

• No I do not support drugs being on the server no matter what.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Yes I support this suggestion.

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • I do not support this suggestion but I want drugs on the server.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Username: Business_Craft
- Suggestion Title: Drug Plugin
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): There are people who have asked for drugs to be added due to alcohol being on the server and wanting a variety to what they can grow, and use. This plugin does not use your average crop, instead it uses customizable ones such as herbs, combinations of items very similar to fermentation of alcohol but in the drug aspect. Do all of the drugs need to have a realistic name? No because their names can be something funny or whatever the owner chooses to take away some of the realism. This opens the opportunity for drug growers/makers and underground stores to be started. When it comes to police and how the drugs would be managed on a legal level I say it should be up to the DoJ on the punishments of selling/growing/etc. Should they be illegal to grow and sell in the city but legal in the wild? There has to be some sort of lenience on them in the wilderness. I thank you for your time and consideration, Koalition has a very high IQ and he is very handsome.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Yes
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/...king-brewing-crafting-100-customizable.49468/
- Additional Information: To the people who dislike the idea due to kids playing I understand but there is a real world out there and there are bad things happening all around even when it comes to watching the news or looking at articles on the internet. I think this is a good opportunity to bring a more mature audience to the server and I don't mean age. The majority of Minecraft players can handle a plugin such as this being added but on this server the community is used to being sheltered from things of this nature. This will definitely help the population increase by a bit and in my past experiences on multiple drug related servers the population isn't any more toxic than your average server.

Last edited:
Now instead of adding the hardcore drugs that ruin lives such as meth, heroin, cocaine and other horrible drugs. I suggest we add caffeine, kratom, marijuana, mushrooms, lsd. Those are just a start on what could be added due to all of them being safer than alcohol (factual statement you can do your research.). I believe adding drugs such as these will help persuade the people who dislike the hard drugs people have always suggestion. The economy would benefit just as brewers benefit but it will provide police with more to do as well. This plugin allows for massive customization such as you combined sugar and sulfur to create caffeine or have seperate crops than the actual one meaning growing regular mushrooms takes a normal time to grow but to grow MAGIC mushrooms it takes extended time/etc. All of this is possible with this plugin you can re-name drugs and create your customizable crops and effects.

Last edited:
By adding a system like this, children will see police arrest people and fining them. They will learn critical thinking skills that will translate into them not wanting to participate in such things in real life. A player can already consume alcohol on this server so any argument saying children will want to consume a drug due to it being on the server is debunked. The owner could even add some sort of anti-drug message on the forums, discord, and server.

Last edited:

SpaceSlayer_

Space
Staff member
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of Justice
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
SpaceSlayer_
SpaceSlayer_
Health Minister
make if its legal in wild make regioning cost like k50/block and when a staff region they insted of putting [nameregion1] they put [namedrugregion1]

and if a police catches u dealing you pay a fine of like 1000 and u can only deal in city only but make them in wild
and people arent allowed to report you the cops should only catch u

also the exam for it should be in a secret place and it should cost kinda a lot

ChloeK

Citizen
Donator
make if its legal in wild make regioning cost like k50/block and when a staff region they insted of putting [nameregion1] they put [namedrugregion1]

and if a police catches u dealing you pay a fine of like 1000 and u can only deal in city only but make them in wild
and people arent allowed to report you the cops should only catch u

also the exam for it should be in a secret place and it should cost kinda a lot

That pricing just seems too expensive imo, and no one would use the drug region if it cost that much, they’d just hide it in a normal region.

That pricing just seems too expensive imo, and no one would use the drug region if it cost that much, they’d just hide it in a normal region.
Another way that's possible to shorten the amount of drugs coming into the server is adding a longer length to grow the drugs. Let's say you want to grow marijuana/mushrooms/etc the owner can set the time to 1-1000 hours. 100% possible with the plugin I suggested.

KingTyger

Citizen
I think that this would be a great idea because it would add a huge compartment to the economy. It would also add risk to business, for the fact that you could get caught. It would also create a more realistic aspect to life, in which these types of things do exsist and can be a problem in the real world.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
By adding a system like this, children will see police arrest people and fining them. They will learn critical thinking skills that will translate into them not wanting to participate in such things in real life. A player can already consume alcohol on this server so any argument saying children will want to consume a drug due to it being on the server is debunked. The owner could even add some sort of anti-drug message on the forums, discord, and server.
by no means am I disagreeing with you i dont think children are gonna not do drugs after getting fined on a minecraft server

by no means am I disagreeing with you i dont think children are gonna not do drugs after getting fined on a minecraft server
Are you going to finish your statement with "children are going to use drugs because of an illegal drug in a city/business server in a video game." or are you going to provide statistics and evidence that these claims are true. It is up to the parents to teach their kids what is right from wrong. A child isn't going to go out and kill people because he can do it in Minecraft. This comes down to multiple factors such as their parents, life style, and mental state.

Here is a study made by the University of Oxford. It goes into depth on how other studies incorrectly measured aggressiveness in children who played violent video games that usually allow violent behavior. We are talking about adding something that is going to be illegal in-game and punishable in-game by police.
http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-02-13...found-not-be-associated-adolescent-aggression

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Are you going to finish your statement with "children are going to use drugs because of an illegal drug in a city/business server in a video game." or are you going to provide statistics and evidence that these claims are true. It is up to the parents to teach their kids what is right from wrong. A child isn't going to go out and kill people because he can do it in Minecraft. This comes down to multiple factors such as their parents, life style, and mental state.

Here is a study made by the University of Oxford. It goes into depth on how other studies incorrectly measured aggressiveness in children who played violent video games that usually allow violent behavior. We are talking about adding something that is going to be illegal in-game and punishable in-game by police.
http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-02-13...found-not-be-associated-adolescent-aggression

I wasn't implying that they would slip into drugs (as that claim is completely, utterly and stupidly ridiculous) but rather that getting fined on a Minecraft server wouldn't help much towards teaching them good values. I was addressing a point you made a few posts ago.

I wasn't implying that they would slip into drugs (as that claim is completely, utterly and stupidly ridiculous) but rather that getting fined on a Minecraft server wouldn't help much towards teaching them good values. I was addressing a point you made a few posts ago.
It teaches them values of right and wrong. If the system is setup correctly they will see police arresting them which translates into drugs are bad and you will be punished for selling or using drugs. You completely ignored "The owner could even add some sort of anti-drug message on the forums, discord, and server." and took things out of context. If they aren't going to slip into drugs then why are you specifically trying to argue with an out of context statement I made? The next time you try to argue something provide more detail on why that specific statement is not true. Treated badly by the majority of police, government, and an anti-drug message somewhere would improve their mentality on the subject and create a more mature person compared to sheltering someone because that one day will come when someone offers them a drug in real life and they will look back at how they can be jailed and know the downsides.

Last edited:
I mean wouldn’t not having drugs be a better message than having them to give a message.
Remove alcohol senpaii. The whole point is people wants drugs, but also providing a productive way for children to learn the negative effects they can have on lives. Their parents/schools/etc already teach them from a young age drugs are bad. Having a little fun in a roleplay/city/business server isn't going to turn them into a drugged up lunatic. If certain drugs arent allowed to be on the server then cabinet should support that alcohol shouldn't be on the server. Do you want me to provide you with more statistics on how the drugs I suggested are no worse than alcohol? Marijuana, Kratom, Caffeine, and certain chemical forms of LSD are legal in the USA. There are plenty of legal and safer alternatives to alcohol that could be added.

Last edited:

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I actually didn’t give my opinion in that statement so I don’t know what you’re arguing.
Here is my opinion:
I don’t see how adding drugs would be a good way to teach kids to not do drugs. You’re saying it would be an educational thing, but it actually wouldn’t. If we were striving for full realism then we would remove other elements like allowing players to fight a dragon, letting them fly around the city in a cape(elytra) or kill monsters, yet it exists because it’s Minecraft and not realistic. We may be a city roleplay server but adding drugs, although may be realistic to real life, is not a good part of real life. We already have alcohol which is not a great substance in real life either. If you want to make a suggestion to remove it then go ahead. Drugs and alcohol if abused could seriously harm people, even kill. The thing with alcohol though is that it’s legal for people who are of age. There are drugs out there that are illegal for everyone. The term ‘drugs’ has a more negative connotation than ‘alcohol’.
Another thing with alcohol on this server is that we have a legitimate job connected to it; brewer, which also focuses on other drinks as well.
Drugs are typically associated with crime so why would we want to have this server become more about crime. I’m going to presume that the connection for drugs is increasing crime on the server because that’s what you’ve wanted. A criminal job is not a legitimate job. It does not benefit the community.
I don’t really care about changing your mind, this is just my opinion.
And side notes here:
  • Parliament was actually once discussing a drinking age on the server. I would be down for that.
  • We cannot promote drugs being on our server as it will remove us from certain voting sites. Which would not attract audiences looking for drugs, because we can’t really promote it. (As pointed out by Luxaholic)

I actually didn’t give my opinion in that statement so I don’t know what you’re arguing.
Here is my opinion:
I don’t see how adding drugs would be a good way to teach kids to not do drugs. You’re saying it would be an educational thing, but it actually wouldn’t. If we were striving for full realism then we would remove other elements like allowing players to fight a dragon, letting them fly around the city in a cape(elytra) or kill monsters, yet it exists because it’s Minecraft and not realistic. We may be a city roleplay server but adding drugs, although may be realistic to real life, is not a good part of real life. We already have alchohol which is not a great substance in real life either. If you want to make a suggestion to remove it then go ahead. Drugs and alchohol if abused could seriously harm people, even kill. The thing with alchohol though is that it’s legal for people who are of age. There are drugs out there that are illegal for everyone. The term ‘drugs’ has a more negative connotation than ‘alchohol’.
Another thing with alchohol on this server is that we have a legitimate job connected to it; brewer, which also focuses on other drinks as well.
Drugs are typically associated with crime so why would we want to have this server become more about crime. I’m going to presume that the connection for drugs is increasing crime on the server because that’s what you’ve wanted. A criminal job is not a legitimate job. It does not benefit the community.
I don’t really care about changing your mind, this is just my opinion.
And side notes here:
  • Parliament was actually once discussing a drinking age on the server. I would be down for that.
  • We cannot promote drugs being on our server as it will remove us from certain voting sites. Which would not attract audiences looking for drugs, because we can’t really promote it. (As pointed out by Luxaholic)
You completely ignored the drugs I suggested that are totally legal in most US states/and other counties. Why would I want drugs on the server? Because so far 14 people have voted yes to this and only 2 have voted no. Drugs are associated with crime because of the media in the past giving "certain" drugs a bad name such as Marijuana for example was made illegal due to media/farmers/etc spreading racism to get hemp made illegal. "Drugs and alcohol if abused could seriously harm people" you could say this about almost anything because there are a lot of addictions in the world such as food. For me and the 13 others and possibly even more that want drugs on the server do want things such as crime on the server is because we cannot go out in the real world and take drugs without consequences. It's the same reason people play GTA/FPS/etc games. This is a suggestion for drugs not criminal jobs and this benefits the community by making 14 people happy. Why do most drug related servers have high amounts of players? Because doing something that isn't possible in the real world is enjoyable to some.

"We cannot promote drugs being on our server as it will remove us from certain voting sites. Which would not attract audiences looking for drugs, because we can’t really promote it. (As pointed out by Luxaholic)" This is true in a sense but nobody is saying you have to advertise on listings "WE HAVE DRUGS". Also I am going to provide you advertising websites that do allow drugs to be advertised. Nobody is saying you have to promote drugs specifically because do you promote every specific business/job/etc on the server? You are implying the majority of players are going to be looking to sell/use drugs if it were to be added which is not true. A small percentage of the community will use drugs and possibly make it illegal to advertise in chat they are selling drugs?
topminecraftservers.org
minecraftservers.org
topg.org
minecraft-mp.com
minecraft-server.net
minecraft-server-list.com

Last edited:
What does cabinet have to say to the 15 supporters of this suggestion? Will our dreams come true? Will cabinet truly discuss that 15 players support something? How many more players do we need for this to happen? You can disagree with this suggestion you can disagree with the way I debate but you cannot disagree with the 15 and rising players who support this.

Blitzblaze41

Citizen
Donator
Just because it’s something that some teenage+ kids want doesn’t mean it’s good for the server. There are quite a few younger people who play on BC and it would be a bad influence to them. Like Kat said, wouldn’t it just be better to not add them at all then to add them and “teach a lesson”? It’s like all the vaping stuff, just because kids like it and do it doesn’t mean it healthy or the right thing to do, wouldn’t you agree?

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
It teaches them values of right and wrong. If the system is setup correctly they will see police arresting them which translates into drugs are bad and you will be punished for selling or using drugs. You completely ignored "The owner could even add some sort of anti-drug message on the forums, discord, and server." and took things out of context. If they aren't going to slip into drugs then why are you specifically trying to argue with an out of context statement I made? The next time you try to argue something provide more detail on why that specific statement is not true. Treated badly by the majority of police, government, and an anti-drug message somewhere would improve their mentality on the subject and create a more mature person compared to sheltering someone because that one day will come when someone offers them a drug in real life and they will look back at how they can be jailed and know the downsides.
Still not quite sure you get what I’m saying lol

I don’t think video games will have the effect on someone’s life that you’ve described in a previous post... getting fined by Minecraft police will have a negligible effect on one’s decision to do drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.