Answered / Added Remove white concrete or add more

Which of these changes would like to see?

• Remove concrete/brick/stone from the government shop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add a designer shop with more blocks either for everyone or certain jobs

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Keep the current shop and change nothing

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • UR BUSNISCRAFT N EVERYTHIN U SAY IS WRONG!

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Currently due to white concrete being one of the few building blocks available in the government shop there are many white buildings in the city being built due to convenience. The issues with this is white concrete is a very bland block and having too many buildings with white concrete makes the city look very boring. I don't have an issue with white buildings (i'm not racist) but when you look at the dynmap it looks very boring seeing so many white/brick buildings. You can either remove white concrete and brick from the government shop to allow players to make it and sell to other players or you can add the designer shop back with a bigger choice of semi expensive blocks to have a bigger variety in the city. Will a designer shop take away from player interactions? In a way yes it will, but if the designer shop prices are balanced to not be too cheap or too expensive then I believe this will benefit everyone and making the cities look a lot better. inb4 someone tells me to "y dont u just go get da blocks u self" why don't you go on dynmap or explore the city and tell me how many white/brick buildings there are. People do not make them because white concrete/red brick is an awesome theme.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
The reason white concrete is a popular block to build with is because the main city has a modern theme, and while quartz looks nice, it is not pure white, which white concrete is (or is the closest to it in Minecraft). I do not see why it is an issue to have an 'overflow' of white buildings when white is the color most associated with the modern style, which, as ive stated, is the cities theme.

The reason white concrete is a popular block to build with is because the main city has a modern theme, and while quartz looks nice, it is not pure white, which white concrete is (or is the closest to it in Minecraft). I do not see why it is an issue to have an 'overflow' of white buildings when white is the color most associated with the modern style, which, as ive stated, is the cities theme.
The only reason white concrete/quartz/brick are popular is because it's easily available in the government shop. Do you want a Minecraft city to look completely white or do you want depth to the city and have a more vibrant feel to it? There are a lot of aspects that go into something being labeled as modern in real life such as materials/functionality/design. I do not believe the city should be completely white as that doesn't mean the designs/etc will be modern. I guarantee if you remove the blocks from the shop you will start to see different variations of modern structures and it will make the city beautiful.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
The only reason white concrete/quartz/brick are popular is because it's easily available in the government shop. Do you want a Minecraft city to look completely white or do you want depth to the city and have a more vibrant feel to it? There are a lot of aspects that go into something being labeled as modern in real life such as materials/functionality/design. I do not believe the city should be completely white as that doesn't mean the designs/etc will be modern. I guarantee if you remove the blocks from the shop you will start to see different variations of modern structures and it will make the city beautiful.
there is depth visible in the buildings. People also use sandstone, stone; stone brick, multiple colors of concrete; terracotta; glass, the 1.8stones, and the various woods in the game.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5
As he said, white concrete is not even in the Government shop. So what are you talking about
White concrete powder perhaps, but most people just make their own anyway, due to the current cost.

Matt

The Big Cheese
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Matty707
Matty707
tier5

CMgShZ9.jpg

I can what you mean, regarding the usage of "white" material, however, there are still patches of different coloration here and there. Most of what is bought by the Government shop are specialized items such as sea lanterns, etc.

Powder isn't in the shop either.
My bad but in the past white concrete was one of the few blocks you could get in the designer shop before it was removed. Old players used to build their buildings mainly of white concrete and a small amount of dyed concrete. Currently from what I see is new players using a lot of quartz and brick. My whole point was to either remove all the blocks from the shop which would increase player interaction and make buildings more unique in a way or you could add a new designer shop with more to choose from for a more expensive price so players still have a chance of buying/selling it for a cheaper price.

Last edited:

LuisGRK

Citizen
In my point of view, the government shop should sell even more blocks than It already does, or at least It should let you buy ore and other limited resources. I belive It is a known problem that wilderness will one day run out of resources, and shops with an unlimited amount of items on sale (such as government shop) would be the only solution for that lack of certain materials that cannot be farmed.

In my point of view, the government shop should sell even more blocks than It already does, or at least It should let you buy ore and other limited resources. I belive It is a known problem that wilderness will one day run out of resources, and shops with an unlimited amount of items on sale (such as government shop) would be the only solution for that lack of certain materials that cannot be farmed.
I agree with everything except for the wilderness running out of resources. That is almost impossible I don't think you understand how many blocks is in a 10000x10000 area. Also we have a DoA that restores resources depending on the severity.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
I agree with everything except for the wilderness running out of resources. That is almost impossible I don't think you understand how many blocks is in a 10000x10000 area. Also we have a DoA that restores resources depending on the severity.
They don’t replace ores. Anyway, eventually they will run out, it will take an extremely long time yes, but it’s bound to happen. Ores will start to become rarer, and more valuable. But the gov shop selling ores will make miners irrelevant, taking away jobs. So that would not help anything. If you need ores, mine em yourself or buy them from other players

LuisGRK

Citizen
I completely agree with you DerpGaming20_YT, though I still think there should be an expensive way of producing ore. Just to be prepared for that day we are all refering to, when Iron is worth 100 krunas are there are no diamonds left. At least repairing tools will slow down that process of destroying all ore in the map.

thats not there either lol
It was and look how the city turned out. Now you have quartz, it may be expensive but people are still willing to pay that due to nobody selling massive amounts of blocks needed to build. Most builders for hire will not build without materials and people who want to hire builders do not want to build or gather materials. This will help cities expand a lot faster and look at lot better while providing new players with more players to build for them. Now tell me why quartz/brick/etc should be added to the shop but not other blocks such as more dyes/colored concrete/packed ice/cob webs/granite/andestite/stone/etc. You can't say because it encourages player interaction because there are already blocks being sold and you can clearly see people using the old blocks in the shop and current blocks being used in their buildings which makes the entire city look the same color wise. A good minecraft city shouldn't have 50% of the buildings be made out of quartz/white concrete/brick. I am not disrespecting the designs of the buildings but I am definitely disrespecting the choice of blocks being used. I don't blame people for using quartz/white concrete/brick because I have done the same in the past and even recently due to it being very difficult to find players to selling massive amounts of different blocks. Removing the blocks from the shop shouldn't be done but I think adding more blocks would increase the amount of builders/designers and make new players and old players happy when it comes to construction.

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
I completely agree with you DerpGaming20_YT, though I still think there should be an expensive way of producing ore. Just to be prepared for that day we are all refering to, when Iron is worth 100 krunas are there are no diamonds left. At least repairing tools will slow down that process of destroying all ore in the map.
repair sign @ spawn

DerpGaming20_YT

Citizen
Donator
DerpGaming20_YT
DerpGaming20_YT
Tier4
It was and look how the city turned out. Now you have quartz, it may be expensive but people are still willing to pay that due to nobody selling massive amounts of blocks needed to build. Most builders for hire will not build without materials and people who want to hire builders do not want to build or gather materials. This will help cities expand a lot faster and look at lot better while providing new players with more players to build for them. Now tell me why quartz/brick/etc should be added to the shop but not other blocks such as more dyes/colored concrete/packed ice/cob webs/granite/andestite/stone/etc. You can't say because it encourages player interaction because there are already blocks being sold and you can clearly see people using the old blocks in the shop and current blocks being used in their buildings which makes the entire city look the same color wise. A good minecraft city shouldn't have 50% of the buildings be made out of quartz/white concrete/brick. I am not disrespecting the designs of the buildings but I am definitely disrespecting the choice of blocks being used. I don't blame people for using quartz/white concrete/brick because I have done the same in the past and even recently due to it being very difficult to find players to selling massive amounts of different blocks. Removing the blocks from the shop shouldn't be done but I think adding more blocks would increase the amount of builders/designers and make new players and old players happy when it comes to construction.
its not all white/grey in the city. if you look on dynmap, there is a great variety in the city. I don't see why its such a big deal anyway, I think the city looks good personally.