A1phaSniper's Election Post (April 2019)

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Your username
A1phaSniper
Your age
15 years old
Your activity on the server
I am on almost every day for as long as I can be on.
When you joined the server
July 16, 2017
Why you think you are suited to be a Member of Parliament
Due to my constant activity, I have been able to distinguish what the people of this server want and need. As I have said in the last election, I want parliament to be able to communicate with the public on a regular basis about their opinions and current events. That being said, I am bringing back my team of community outreach experts. My experts are people who gain your opinion by watching the chat and figuring out what you want in YOUR government. These people are active, engaging and able to get a view that I might not be able to see.
What kind of laws would you vote for/against
With my Community outreach experts, I can figure out what laws you want and don't want. Although some laws might not be favored by the public, they may be necessary for the improvement of the server, But rest assured, your opinion will still be valued.​

Do you support a bill being passed for it to be mandatory to post a community poll 1-2 days before the official parliament poll is voted on? This will allow the community to vote and voice their opinions on the potential bill and if the community dislikes the bill the parliament can be held accountable with proof that the community dislikes the bill. What do you think differentiates yourself from other players running for the same position and what can you do better?

Last edited:

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Do you support a bill being passed for it to be mandatory to post a community poll 1-2 days before the official parliament poll is voted on? This will allow the community to vote and voice their opinions on the potential bill and if the community dislikes the bill the parliament can be held accountable with proof that the community dislikes the bill. What do you think differentiates yourself from other players running for the same position and what can you do better?
For your question: I do think a bill should be passed to make it mandatory for community polls to be made prior to a vote. Although members of parliament should not HAVE to follow the outcome of the poll, they should at least have time to see what the community thinks about what is happening in their government before making a decision. The thing that separates me from other candidates is my experience on this server. No one else that's running has 2 years of being on this server except me. That 2 years turns into experience and that turns into an understanding of what the people want.

For your question: I do think a bill should be passed to make it mandatory for community polls to be made prior to a vote. Although members of parliament should not HAVE to follow the outcome of the poll, they should at least have time to see what the community thinks about what is happening in their government before making a decision. The thing that separates me from other candidates is my experience on this server. No one else that's running has 2 years of being on this server except me. That 2 years turns into experience and that turns into an understanding of what the people want.
Yes it shouldn't necessarily force parliament to vote yes or no but it will definitely have an effect on their judgement and try to see both sides of the argument if there even is one. This will not barely slow down parliament when passing bills because all they have to do is post their community poll and after 1-2 days they can post the exact same one officially to be passed or not. Is it not better to make the community happy or for parliament to have an unfair power in what happens on the server? Overall I think you will be a great parliament member as long as you truly listen to the community.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Yes it shouldn't necessarily force parliament to vote yes or no but it will definitely have an effect on their judgement and try to see both sides of the argument if there even is one. This will not barely slow down parliament when passing bills because all they have to do is post their community poll and after 1-2 days they can post the exact same one officially to be passed or not. Is it not better to make the community happy or for parliament to have an unfair power in what happens on the server? Overall I think you will be a great parliament member as long as you truly listen to the community.
Thank you for your feedback! For your question: I believe there should be a fine balance between making sure the community gets what they want and making the hard decisions needed by a member of parliament.