SacredSpice’s Election Post (April 2019)

SacredSpice

Citizen
Banned
Donator
|Username|
SacredSpice
|Age|
|Activity on the server|
I believe I’m a very active player with a play time of 34+ days
|When I joined the server|
August 2018
|Why I think I’m suited to be a Member of Parliament|
In all honesty I don’t know if I am suited, I’d like to try out something new and get out of my comfort zone, running in this election is one of them. Even though I don’t believe I’m suited, I think I’m ready and adaptable for this role. I’m a big team player and can bring new ideas to the table. I believe in letting the people speak about their ideas and opinions of what could/should be added and bring it up in meetings that would discuss these topics. I believe that people are free to talk about their opinions and will not discriminate even if I’d disagree.
|What laws I would vote for or against|
I would vote for laws that will benefit the server and it’s players, laws that bring more realism/enjoyment for the players.
I would however vote against laws that don’t/won’t serve any purpose or deemed unnecessary or irrelevant for the server

Thank you for reading​

Last edited:

Corax

Citizen
Donator
8f47ca6fd30b8d280d201800ffcb118a.png

(don't ask me why i always use fancy fonts :P)

Can you provide a list of current bills/laws you believe are unnecessary and inappropriate? What bills would you attempt to create that would benefit the community as a whole including people who only do things such as roleplay/survival/business or a mix of all?

Wait I said inappropriate? I did this at like 12am. I was suppose to put irrelevant. Lemme change that
I understand what you meant but I would like more explanation of what types of bills you support or dislike currently, and ones you plan on introducing in the future. Do you support a bill being passed making it mandatory for a community poll with all of the information on the bill to be posted on the forum 1-2 days before the official one is voted on? It will allow the community to vote and give feedback but not necessarily force parliament to change their vote.

SacredSpice

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Can you provide a list of current bills/laws you believe are unnecessary and inappropriate? What bills would you attempt to create that would benefit the community as a whole including people who only do things such as roleplay/survival/business or a mix of all?
I only meant laws that may be suggested that seem irrelevant to be added. The laws and bills at the moment are completely fine in my opinion

William_CTO

Creator of Dark Mode on Forums
Donator
William_CTO
William_CTO
Tier4
Sacred, what do you deem to be irrelevant? And if the current laws and bills seem fine, why are you running? I'd like to know if you have a game plan or not.

SacredSpice

Citizen
Banned
Donator
As I sadly couldn’t attend to the debate last night, here are my answers

Every so often the idea of term limits gets brought up, should this be implemented? Why?

At this point in time, no. My reasoning is because the server is still a quiet and small community, if we were to implement this system then we’d most likely run out of fresh idealistic candidates.

As a general rule, do you feel like punishments are currently too lenient, too harsh, or just right? Explain your answer using examples from the law.

Some may disagree and say I’m biased because I myself am a police officer and enforce the law. But I’m looking at the laws at a different point of view. The laws that have been put in place are absolute and lenient, the punishments are right for the committed crime. Harsh would be adding 15 more minutes to a first offence of initiating unwanted pvp, alongside fining them of, let’s say; 60kr. The punishments

Are there any issues you see in the server currently? Why do you think this is an issue?

Currently, no. But I’m sure if I think more on the matter then I can express my opinion(s).

What are your opinions on introducing an ID to consume alcohol on the server? If you support this idea, what could be some requirements to obtain this ID?

I agree to an extent. As we all know, this isn’t real life, yet we are bringing some realism to the server. If we were to implement this idea of IDs then the age limit should be pretty low, best age in my opinion would be 16-17+. As of the requirements, I can’t think of any way to obtain the ID without exploiting irl information but we can’t take it to their word. I’d also like to add that if people were to abuse their rights to drink, and start to drive/threaten to, they should be not just revoked of their license but their ID that lets them drink.

What is your biggest achievement on Businesscraft and how can it reflect with your term in Parliament?

My biggest achievement on here would be that of my town. Not only am I mayor, I am part of a group that decides what’s best and what’s not best for the town. With these decision makings in town meetings can reflect what I can say in Parliament meetings.

Do you have any goals that you want to accomplish if you were elected into Parliament?

To either add a new law/bill/rule or to bring in a new department entirely

Are the prices for government things such as, capital city plots, suburbs houses/plots, cars, fuel, airplane tickets, or wild lands properly priced? Why or why not? Use examples.

These prices that have been presented to us are perfectly well thought of, yet another realistic view in the economy. Although money can be easier to come buy in game than real life, but I stand by my opinion in thinking that the prices are just.

Thank you

What is your opinion on more criminal aspects being added either by new jobs or activities? It could range from robbing banks/stores/etc and adding guns or whatever people come up with. I see that you are interested in adding a new department so how do plan on doing this and what department would you add? How can you prevent someones real information from being released and will this effect brewers in a large way due to the majority of people not being the appropriate age or wanting to provide an actual ID? Do you feel even though players can be a certain age they can act maturely and not take part in things in real life just because it's in a video game?

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
To either add a new law/bill/rule or to bring in a new department entirely
This sentence is pretty vague. May you please elaborate on what laws you plan to implement, and who/what it might affect?