Lawsuit: Adjourned NeilBuilder vs. Government

Neil

Citizen
Donator
On November 1st, 2019, I was unfairly laid off from my government position as a tour guide by former Minister Danielw_. Under employee rules, it clearly states that "You have the right to sue for wrongful dismissal if you are wrongfully dismissed from a Government Position." What I was told that happened was that former player Taelor said that I was guiding a new player to my apartment complex, The Palms, during a tour. Later, Taelor fired me from Tour Guide, and permanently fired me from the DoE, which she had no right to do, as she wasn't in the DoE. To my knowledge, there is no evidence of me abusing my rank as a tour guide. I have asked multiple times to see the evidence, however, no one has allowed me to. If there is some sort of evidence I would really appreciate the ability to see it, however, I don't believe there is any. I know this happened quite a long time ago, however, when I got laid off I was never told what to do if I believe this is an unfair accusation, which I said was many times. If any screenshot evidence is needed please say so, but, I couldn't think of any that is needed for this case, as it was publicly known that I got fired from a tour guide.

Last edited:

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
@bharatj is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @bharatj , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge Info Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Thank you, I would like to begin this case by addressing the censorship in the evidence photographs. These censors were put in place for two primary reasons: relevance purposes and to protect the identity of the person providing this evidence.

I would like to present the defense with one particular case of NeilBuilder abusing his position in particular.

As you can see, a new player Juanpabzco has joined the server. This player is one of the people that NeilBuilder has given a tour to and then drew to his apartment building:

upload_2020-2-7_15-47-19.png

This is when Neil continues his tour, no problem yet

upload_2020-2-7_15-47-59.png

Here Neil keeps going with his tour

upload_2020-2-7_15-48-51.png

Here is where Neil concludes his tour and begins to move onto getting this new player into his apartment

upload_2020-2-7_15-49-59.png

Here Neil takes Juanpabzco into his apartment building

upload_2020-2-7_15-50-34.png

Here the player is shown the apartment and is encouraged to use their starting money on an apartment

upload_2020-2-7_15-51-4.png

This last screenshot shows that he encouraged a new player to spend 450/600 krunas they start with on an apartment for him and that he encouraged 2 others to do so not only in the same day, but in the same time period

upload_2020-2-7_15-51-33.png

The government, of course, does not take issue with selling apartments to players, whether they be new or old. However, using a government position to reach players first, then taking them immediately to his building without allowing them to view other options, and not completely fulfilling his job as a tour guide to ensure that the player is as informed as possible to make a well thought decision, is justifiable for termination from the tour guide position. Not to mention that this practice has the potential to hurt the capitalistic nature of our economy.

Thank you.

upload_2020-2-7_15-59-19.png

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Yes, I would your Honor.

I would like to say that in the evidence provided by Mr. Bharatj, he cut out a whole minute of conversation between me and Mr. Juanpabzco. In that minute, if I remember correctly, I specifically said that the tour is over which means that I essentially am no longer serving actively giving a tour. Then I asked him if he would be interested in seeing apartments at my apartment complex, The Palms. I drew a fine line between me serving my position as a tour guide and me running my private company. It wasn't like Mr. Juanpabzco just joined and I led him to my apartments, which in my opinion a lot of people portrayed it out to be. I would appreciate it if Mr. Bharatj would post the conversation in the minute that was but out between 22:22:42 and 22:23:33, if Judge _Info_ allows. I would also like to add that the process I was laid off was completely illegal. Former Minister of the DoPA, Taelor, fired me instead of someone who worked in the DoE. This is something that should have been handled by the DoE.

Thank you

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Yes, I would your Honor.

I would like to say that in the evidence provided by Mr. Bharatj, he cut out a whole minute of conversation between me and Mr. Juanpabzco. In that minute, if I remember correctly, I specifically said that the tour is over which means that I essentially am no longer serving actively giving a tour. Then I asked him if he would be interested in seeing apartments at my apartment complex, The Palms. I drew a fine line between me serving my position as a tour guide and me running my private company. It wasn't like Mr. Juanpabzco just joined and I led him to my apartments, which in my opinion a lot of people portrayed it out to be. I would appreciate it if Mr. Bharatj would post the conversation in the minute that was but out between 22:22:42 and 22:23:33, if Judge _Info_ allows. I would also like to add that the process I was laid off was completely illegal. Former Minister of the DoPA, Taelor, fired me instead of someone who worked in the DoE. This is something that should have been handled by the DoE.

Thank you

Could you provide the chat logs yourself? Could the defendant supply the same logs?

I would also like to address the legality of the firing. Considering that Taelor was not a member of the DoE, Did she have the jurisdiction to fire Neil? @bharatj

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Taelor was not the one to fire Neil, it was Danielw_ the DoE minister at the time.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Considering the most recent development with the case, Clearly the Plaintiff was unlawfully fired as Taelor had no jurisdiction to do so. That being said, I would still like to get more information regarding something said earlier in the case.

I would like to say that in the evidence provided by Mr. Bharatj, he cut out a whole minute of conversation between me and Mr. Juanpabzco. In that minute, if I remember correctly, I specifically said that the tour is over which means that I essentially am no longer serving actively giving a tour.

I would like to see logs from @Neil to provide evidence that this interaction actually happened.

Continuing on, @bharatj were there messages cut out of your provided evidence?

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Your Honor,

I present to you the time cut out in the evidence provided by Mr. Bharatj. As you can clearly see, this exact phrase was said, "that will be all for today"
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 5.49.13 PM.png

Mr. Bharatj clearly cut this out of his evidence which should not have been tampered with.

Once again, Thank you

Last edited:

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
Attached is the context surrounding the end of the tour. Juanpabzco ended the tour but Neil insisted while he had the attention of this new player to buy an apartment from him. This case isn’t just about him abusing his position as a tour guide during his duties. It’s about him using that position to gain access to those players first, then bringing them to his apartment building before the players are given an option to view other buildings or learn more about the server. By doing what he did Neil took away the new players power to choose and did not present them with options, which in its own way hurts the market economy. How could he have gotten people into his apartment building without abusing his tour guide permissions? For one, he could have shown them a couple options (including his building) and allowed them to them to choose, he could have informed the multiple players he drew into his building about how much of their initial money they would really be spending on the apartment, or he could have simply asked them if they wanted an apartment, and informed them that he would take them to his apartment building and that they could request to see other buildings if they so chose. However, Neil neglected to do any of those and so here we are. Allowing such transgressions to pass unpunished would set a dangerous precedent that says that anybody can use their public position to privately benefit them, which is indefensible.

Attachments

• 65C32EF8-A801-472E-9C00-753BF610DCF5.jpeg
    65C32EF8-A801-472E-9C00-753BF610DCF5.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 20

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Yes, I would,

I did, in fact, tell Mr. Juanpabzco other options such as living in the wild, and that you can claim blocks there for 7 krunas/block. I would also like to once again address the legality of the firing as Taelor had no jurisdiction to fire me no matter how she felt about it. As Bharatj said Juanpabzco ended the tour, therefore I was no longer serving my government position as a tour guide. Then I asked him if I could interest him in an apartment, just a friendly question. Yet, Mr. Bharatj portrayed me to be the bad guy. In Conclusion, if this case is ruled in favor of the defendant this will set a standard that all government officials and staff members can abuse their power and do whatever they want even if it is outside of their jurisdiction, just as Minister Taelor did. We don't want that, do we?

Thank you

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Yes, I would,

I did, in fact, tell Mr. Juanpabzco other options such as living in the wild, and that you can claim blocks there for 7 krunas/block. I would also like to once again address the legality of the firing as Taelor had no jurisdiction to fire me no matter how she felt about it. As Bharatj said Juanpabzco ended the tour, therefore I was no longer serving my government position as a tour guide. Then I asked him if I could interest him in an apartment, just a friendly question. Yet, Mr. Bharatj portrayed me to be the bad guy. In Conclusion, if this case is ruled in favor of the defendant this will set a standard that all government officials and staff members can abuse their power and do whatever they want even if it is outside of their jurisdiction, just as Minister Taelor did. We don't want that, do we?

Thank you
Thank you Neil. @bharatj would you like to provide a final statement?

bharatj

Staff member
Department of Justice
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
Constructor
First, I would like to begin by addressing the statement from Neil that Taelor unjustly fires him. The context behind that is this... Danielw_, the DoE minister at the time, fired NeilBuilder on November 1, 2019 but made the mistake of not perm firing (even though the Sherlock accords say 2 months off the job for a violation, a perm fire command must be given for it to work). Danielw_ then left on November 15, 2019 leaving the government with no clear DoE minister. However, instead of waiting the 2 months he was supposed to in accordance with the law, Neil took the job again on November 27, 2019. Since there was no DoE minister at the time, Taelor, as a cabinet member, was enforcing the 2 month clause of the law by firing NeilBuilder from the position. A new DoE minister (Dani99x) was appointed on December 15, 2019. Here are some logs from November 27.

[12:02:40] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [MP] Tour Guide iRealistic: wait why are u a TG again NeilBuilder?
[12:02:55] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ Tour Guide NeilBuilder: because I am
[12:03:06] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [MP] Tour Guide iRealistic: u got hit with the Sherlock Accords
[12:03:30] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ Tour Guide NeilBuilder: ya, but I got rehired. Mind ur own business Snoopy
[12:03:36] [Server thread/INFO]: TG ⼁ Tour Guide NeilBuilder: LO
[12:03:39] [Server thread/INFO]: TG ⼁ Tour Guide NeilBuilder: L
[12:03:44] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [Mod] Pub. Affairs Minister Taelor: be respectful and i dont think you're allowed to be a tg yet Neil.
[12:03:49] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [Mod] Pub. Affairs Minister Taelor: lemme double check
[12:03:52] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [MP] Tour Guide iRealistic: u have to wait 2 months
[12:04:28] [Server thread/INFO]: G ⼁ [MP] Tour Guide iRealistic: for abusing your gov positon for personal interest, aka bringing new players to rent apartments at your building
[12:15:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Player NeilBuilder has been permanently fired from their Government job by Taelor.

Posted below are some pieces of evidence that Daniel had fired Neil and that he did so for violation of the Sherlock Accords.

I would also like to point out that he has waited the 2 months and is legally allowed to take the tour guide exam at this time.

Attachments

• E61F6EAF-6D75-42F8-B9F1-6F21A9FF6418.jpeg
    E61F6EAF-6D75-42F8-B9F1-6F21A9FF6418.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 19
  • BCB57E6B-1959-4054-BD6A-64CDE2A3A398.jpeg
    BCB57E6B-1959-4054-BD6A-64CDE2A3A398.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 20

Neil

Citizen
Donator
Yes,

In regards to what was stated by Mr. Bharatj, Even though there was no DoE Minister at the time, were there no other officials in the DoE, like the AES and ES? Yes, there were! Taelor still had no jurisdiction to fire me from a department she had no say in, just like she couldn't have made any other important decision in the DoE.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
Alright, Thank you @Neil and @bharatj . As both of you had made final statements, I will review all evidence and determine a ruling.

Thank you.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
In the case of NeilBuiler V. Government, I am ruling in favor of the Government.

Regarding the Argument of Wrongful Dismissal… By the definition of the law Neil, you did abuse your position as TG to be the first to reach new players and get them to purchase apartments in your building. That you are clearly guilty of. As you were Cleary in violation of the Sherlock Accords, you being fired was not wrongful and completely justifiable.

That being said, the Government should have made you aware that there was a mistake made in the firing process and Taelor was acting in accordance to the Sherlock Accords. However, the Governments mistake does not mean you were wrongfully dismissed.

As the defense stated in this case, it has been 2 months since the incident, I hope that you would still be interested in becoming a tour guide once more, as stated in evidence you were good at your job as a TG.

Lastly, I hope this case could go as a lesson for players who find themselves in a similar position to double check with a Minister or a member of the Judicial branch on the legality of their actions and personal interpretation of the laws, as to avoid finding themselves fired from a Governmental position.

This court is now Adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge Info