• Nay.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Street Signs for City Roads and the Highway
Motion: Creation

With the server growing and expanding it's roads, it is necessary that we adopt a new system for cars, bike and simply street walkers. This would be expanding the law to fit in new regulations to be followed through street signs. Street signs would be shown by something like a map or item frame and stuck on a pole. They would consist of stop signs, yield signs, merge signs, crossing signs, exit signs, route signs, maybe even traffic lights, and whatever else one might please. This would help make the roads much easier to drive on, and create a better, more realistic, environment one the server. Finally, this might even lead in to the long wanted police job to help patrol the streets of BusinessCraft.
The players, and maybe even the economy would benefit to this due to easier and safer driving.

sparkleA

Citizen
I believe this motion is a good idea, but may be hard in practice. I assume many Business Craft players are not licensed drivers in real life, so may have trouble following the street signs. I agree with some of the street signs, such as stop signs, possibly crossing signs and traffic lights, although the latter would be hard to add to the server. All in all, for my vote on this motion, I think some more information and possible removal of some parts of this motion would be required.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
I can't see this as being entirely practice or needed. Yes signs would add to the realism but what has happened that would constitute such things being put on the roads? Not everyone uses cars and I can't see a real reason for the signs. The police job on the other hand could be a great addition and I think it has not been a thing for too long. As a staff member I can see having police help the mods, admins or owners by dealing with petty disputes that can be solved with an actual authority other than staff.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
In response to sparkleA, not everyone might have a license, but everyone should know what the signs I listed above are by common sense. Besides that, this would not be hard to add this to the server at all. I would also agree to help building and placing the signs for and with the Government.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I can't see this as being entirely practice or needed. Yes signs would add to the realism but what has happened that would constitute such things being put on the roads? Not everyone uses cars and I can't see a real reason for the signs. The police job on the other hand could be a great addition and I think it has not been a thing for too long. As a staff member I can see having police help the mods, admins or owners by dealing with petty disputes that can be solved with an actual authority other than staff.
The Department of Employment can discuss your Police suggestion, but it's a bit off topic.... And you have a point, I guess there isn't a lot of need for street signs right now. We don't have a large community, and being hit by a car literally doesn't hurt you at all.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Yes, but with the new highway expansions, more people will get a car. Also, there will be a need to have signs to allow players to know where they are, the same way we have them in real life. They will eventually become important.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Yes, but with the new highway expansions, more people will get a car. Also, there will be a need to have signs to allow players to know where they are, the same way we have them in real life. They will eventually become important.
Perhaps on the highway it would be cool to have signs telling you how many blocks you are from the capital city :)

Melo

Screen Shot Melo
Banned
Donator
I agree with your motion but after the highway is finished and we gain more players this motion should take place, but for now I say this motion is ahead of time

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
The highway is comming a lot quicker than you all think, and we would have to start preparing everything now so they are ready to be placed in time.

Melo

Screen Shot Melo
Banned
Donator
The highway is comming a lot quicker than you all think, and we would have to start preparing everything now so they are ready to be placed in time.
But it's not just the highway, were implying the highway because of the future exits that are going to be on the highway and as of right now I don't think there are any.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I know, but I would not of posted this if I felt it was not the right time for it. The process of making the signs will probably not be so quick. You must understand what is involved with adding signs too. New laws, possible edits to the exam, and more I haven't mentioned above. Saying the time is not right isn't a valid argument. Also know that the signs won't just be for the highway.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I know, but I would not of posted this if I felt it was not the right time for it. The process of making the signs will probably not be so quick. You must understand what is involved with adding signs too. New laws, possible edits to the exam, and more I haven't mentioned above. Saying the time is not right isn't a valid argument. Also know that the signs won't just be for the highway.
The time just isn't right. We don't have enough congestion to need street signs. They'd just be annoying at the time being. Also note that it doesn't deal damage to be hit by a car, so wrecks are pretty much impossible.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
I do not see in anyway why the signs would be annoying, so that's not very valid, and I never said car damage existed, although that would a good idea in my opinion. Otherwise, I don't see where your coming from.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I do not see in anyway why the signs would be annoying, so that's not very valid, and I never said car damage existed, although that would a good idea in my opinion. Otherwise, I don't see where your coming from.
Wait, so your opinion makes facts invalid? If you had to stop at every stop sign when there were no pedestrians, that would be annoying. There's no denying that. And WHAT IS THE POINT in signs? For safety. What's the point in safety if THERE IS NO DANGER?

Last edited:

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
Wait, so your opinion makes facts invalid? If you had to stop at every stop sign when there were no pedestrians, that would be annoying.

I believe you missed the point. Signs like the 'Stop Sign' wouldn't appear at every corner, and only when needed. Most signs would be information signs anyway, like a crossing sign, one-way sign, exit sign, or a merge sign.

And WHAT IS THE POINT in signs? For safety. What's the point in safety if THERE IS NO DANGER?

The main purpose of the signs would be to make the driver aware of where they are, and know where to go. Taking it back to the in real life perspective, imagine driving on a highway, but all the signs were gone. Do not tell me you wouldn't be confused on what exit to take.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I believe you missed the point. Signs like the 'Stop Sign' wouldn't appear at every corner, and only when needed. Most signs would be information signs anyway, like a crossing sign, one-way sign, exit sign, or a merge sign.

The main purpose of the signs would be to make the driver aware of where they are, and know where to go. Taking it back to the in real life perspective, imagine driving on a highway, but all the signs were gone. Do not tell me you wouldn't be confused on what exit to take.
Signs aren't needed right now. My vote is nay. Perhaps in a few months when there are so many exits you need to have them labeled, this motion could be reconsidered.

My thoughts on this would be that informational signs would be helpful but not as of now. Highway signs could be used if more towns existed off the roads and therefore the signs would be helpful so people know what direction to go. Seeing that the highway isn't completely finished this should be one of the last things on our to-do list.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
My thoughts on this would be that informational signs would be helpful but not as of now. Highway signs could be used if more towns existed off the roads and therefore the signs would be helpful so people know what direction to go. Seeing that the highway isn't completely finished this should be one of the last things on our to-do list.
Can't agree more. I'd DEFINITELY vote aye on this at the right time.

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator
But voting aye now doesn't mean it will be started immediately. Remember: You are voting on this for the future. If you say nay, it wont happen.