Dopper's Election Post - June 2020

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Hello!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

So as we can see, I am running for MP! This is a position I have wanted for a long time! I am running with the Capital Party. The Capital Party is a group of like-minded individuals that want to make massive reform to open up markets, make the government more efficient, ease inflation, and more!
Please DM me, or Olefante on discord if you are interested in joining, or allying, with our party.

So! Anywho, let me tell you a bit about my past on BC!
I joined in the summer of 2018, making this my 2nd year playing BusinessCraft. BC was always tremendous fun... until one day, when I made some rather bad choices. These led to me being perma-banned. I payed little attention on what was going on in BC for a long time, but then, it crossed my mind. I remembered all the fun times I had with the community. I really had wanted to get back. So I made a ban appeal, and after a bit, it got accepted. I came back and played, it was fun, but something was wrong. BusinessCraft had left behind what made it special, I can't pin my finger on what it is, but it feels like its just different, and not in a good way. Then, I figured out what we had lost. We lost our community. We have spun into the cesspit of greed and egotism. We lost the value of fun, and now it's just boring, or about the Krunas. I was thinking last night, and honestly, I think i'm a part of that problem too. So, I have odd to do something about it.

I think it's also best if you know a bit about me IRL:
I'm a 14 year old, living in the US, (EST), I've always been interested in political sciences and economics, and I think that MP on BC would be an interesting opportunity.

Other random stats:
> ~260 Hours of playtime
> ~1k joins
> Current projects: BCTrade, The Economic Review

My goal, assuming I am elected to Parliment, is to bring back the fun. I could care less about Krunas, to be honest. I'd still work on bill's for furthering success in the economy. However, my main goal will be bringing back that old BC, the day's where it was fun. Ofcourse, I will also support Capital Party bills.

Here are some bill's I'd be interested in passing:
> Anti-Price-Gouging
> Stature of Limitations
> Anti-monopolization
> Government efficiency
> Government transparency
> Welfare (programs)
> and more!

I would love to see you vote for me, reader, but you don't have to. Just remember, I'd appreciate you vote, and it will help us make BusinessCraft fun again!

Signing off
- Dopper

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited:

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
This is honestly one of the most interesting and compelling campaign threads I’ve ever seen. However, I do have some questions:

Anti-Price-Gouging
Why do you think this is a problem? From what I’ve seen, most goods on bc are reasonably priced.

> Stature of Limitations
What would you want this to apply to?

Anti-monopolization
Again, not really an issue on bc. Can you give me an example of a monopoly on the server that needs to be stopped?

Government efficiency
Can you be a bit more specific here?

Government transparency
Again, what would this look like?

Welfare (programs)
Are you aware that parliament has no control over the economy? How would you use your position to affect things here?

With all that said I think you’ve really grown and matured as a person. It’s cool seeing all the creative ways you’ve found to help the server. Good luck my man.

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
This is honestly one of the most interesting and compelling campaign threads I’ve ever seen. However, I do have some questions:

Why do you think this is a problem? From what I’ve seen, most goods on bc are reasonably priced.

What would you want this to apply to?

Again, not really an issue on bc. Can you give me an example of a monopoly on the server that needs to be stopped?

Can you be a bit more specific here?

Again, what would this look like?

Are you aware that parliament has no control over the economy? How would you use your position to affect things here?

With all that said I think you’ve really grown and matured as a person. It’s cool seeing all the creative ways you’ve found to help the server. Good luck my man.

Thank you, and thank you for the questions.
As for anti-price gouging, I'd be interested in passing some laws to restrict seller's from being able to price products at outrageously low (or high) prices.

As for a stature of limitations, I was thinking something like this:

1. Corporate entities and players must be charged for crimes within a period of 2 weeks of when the crime happened.
  2. Corruption is not included in this, there is no statute of limitations for corruption.
  3. Evidence can be used in a case from more than 2 weeks before the opening of a case, however, said evidence will not be used to charge someone, only as an exhibit of repeated criminal behavior.
As for anti-monopolization, some example's of monopoly's are:
> UwU.co's reign over general items
> 8-Bit and Ultima owning pretty much the whole concrete sector
> CMM having lots of influence over the economy due to the large amount of shops there
> I could go on and on, but thats just a few examples.

As for government efficiency, I would be interested in passing bills that force departments to set deadline's which would be public, and that they would be held to. As well as: replying to applications and situations in general faster. However, this is, more on the cabinet rather than the parliament.

As for government transparency, I was thinking about weekly (or maybe every other) public reports on the state of departments and the parliament. I feel like the government is pretty quiet and most people outside of those circle's can't really get enough understanding.

As for welfare, I'm fairly sure that the parliament is allowed to partition of government funds and give them to players. I might be wrong, but I couldn't find anything that said otherwise.

As for using my position, I see parliament as two things:
1) A stair to the cabinet and/or having more influence (and the ability to actually make more changes)
2) A way to put out bills (and possibly remove some) to further the community.

*Note: Sorry for the delayed response, also I couldn't figure out how to properly quote single sentences so this is sort of all over the place.

Codes320

Citizen
Donator

• Corporate entities and players must be charged for crimes within a period of 2 weeks of when the crime happened.
  • Corruption is not included in this, there is no statute of limitations for corruption.
  • Evidence can be used in a case from more than 2 weeks before the opening of a case, however, said evidence will not be used to charge someone, only as an exhibit of repeated criminal behavior.
Sounds good

As for anti-monopolization, some example's of monopoly's are:
> UwU.co's reign over general items
> 8-Bit and Ultima owning pretty much the whole concrete sector
> CMM having lots of influence over the economy due to the large amount of shops there
> I could go on and on, but thats just a few examples.
You say you're interested in economics. Are you familiar with the concept of natural monopolies? A natural monopoly is a monopoly that exists because that is what's allocatively efficient to the market. Essentially, they exist because their service is cheaper or better than others. There are tons of examples of this IRL (google, amazon, etc.). Every company you listed is a natural monopoly. 8-bit has a hold of the market because they're cheaper than everyone else. Same with UwU, etc.

As for government transparency, I was thinking about weekly (or maybe every other) public reports on the state of departments and the parliament. I feel like the government is pretty quiet and most people outside of those circle's can't really get enough understanding.
I can't blame you for this, I actually proposed a similar bill in my first term of parliament. However, what I learned in cabinet is that you guys actually hear about everything that goes on. The only times we withhold information is when programs are still in development and not ready to be released.

As for welfare, I'm fairly sure that the parliament is allowed to partition of government funds and give them to players. I might be wrong, but I couldn't find anything that said otherwise.
Parliament cannot do that unfortunately

With all that said, I'll give you points for being one of the only candidates to actually propose specific policy lol.

Kairuchii

Moderator x Constructor
Donator
The Business you mentioned above did not monopolized any sellable blocks. It just stood there for months, and gaining that 'brand' that made people aware, just like in real life. Any Person can sell those blocks too btw.

There would always be a winner in every competition. Question is why are you against winners?

Last edited:

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
The Business you mentioned above did not monopolized any sellable blocks. It just stood there for months, and gaining that 'brand' that made people aware, just like in real life. Any Person can sell those blocks too btw.

There would always be a winner in every competition. Question is why are you against winners?

Ooh, I'm not against people "winning" a market, I understand that they put in lots of work to get there, and they should have that slot, but, I am for letting more people get involved in the economic side. For this, that means that market's needed to be "opened up", hence, less huge mega-corporations that pretty much can gatekeep a whole market.

Last edited:

Dopper

Citizen
Banned
Donator
You say you're interested in economics. Are you familiar with the concept of natural monopolies? A natural monopoly is a monopoly that exists because that is what's allocatively efficient to the market. Essentially, they exist because their service is cheaper or better than others. There are tons of examples of this IRL (google, amazon, etc.). Every company you listed is a natural monopoly. 8-bit has a hold of the market because they're cheaper than everyone else. Same with UwU, etc.

Yes, but, my problem isn't with whether or not its natural. The problem I see is that this locks new players (or really any player) from growing in markets on BC.