Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Azmen_321

Citizen
-Title: Elections Committee

-Type: Creation

-Reasoning: Currently, municipalities across BusinessCraft do not have organized elections. Some towns seem to elect members of their councils/mayors etc. in discords that are disassociated with the main server. Not only does this make election outcomes questionable, but it makes it difficult for new players to actively participate in their local government. As of now, some Mayors are not even elected, they are incumbents for life. This bill will only be required for government-run cities. The current election process is in need of a change. It is time for a more centralized voting system controlled by an Elections Committee ran by the DoPA. Although my power is limited as a citizen, I truly recommend the following.

Bill:

>Local elections will concur every sixty days.

>The Elections Committee will consist of three members.

>>A member appointed by the President (Koalition)

>>A member appointed by the DoPA.

>>A member elected as “Election Commissioner”. (elected during parliamentary elections.)

>All committee members must not hold any other elected position.

>Committee members would be paid only during the month of an election.

>>The pay rate decided by Parliament.

>The Election Commissioner is responsible for registering players as voters in the city/town they chose to register in.

>In order for members to register as voters, they would go to the DoPA building and click the sign which correlates to the name of the city/town they want to be represented in.

>>Once clicking the sign the voter will only be able to vote in that city/town’s local elections.

>>Residents may only switch cities/towns every month by clicking the sign of the city/town they relocated to.

>During the week of the election, all registered players will receive a chat ballot that works similar to the university exams asking who they want to elect as a Member of Parliament, Mayor, Councilor, (Listing a letter next to the candidates’ names.)

>>On the sixtieth day, the results will be announced from the DoPA after the results are finalized by the Elections Committee.

>>If there are no candidates in any given race Parliament has the authority to appoint members to fulfill those positions.

>In order to run for local/national office candidates must file with an Elections Committee member fourteen days prior to the election.

>>If for some reason the player cannot seem to contact an Elections Committee member the candidate must make a ticket.

>Elections for local offices will be executed seven days before the end of the sixty-day term.

>Results will be announced the following day.

>>Candidates will become officials the day after the finalized results.

>In the event of a tie, candidates that received fewer votes than the candidates who tied will be eliminated from the ballot.

>>The remaining tied candidates will go to a run-off election that will concur the day after the official results.

>>The polls would only be open for twenty-four hours; after which the winner will be declared.

>>If there so happens to be a tie in a run-off, a server Admin would administer a gamble between the two candidates of their own choice.

>>Whoever wins becomes the elected official.

It’s time for Parliament to enact this and or create something similar. Let’s make our server more democratic!

Last edited:

MrSpill

your local wawa Moderator boy
Lawyer
Donator
MrSpill
MrSpill
Lawyer
uh

Ok, but seriously it's not a bad idea, however some cities and towns that are created are considered "private" and due to that they do not have normal elections. However, Government cities like Capitol and West Ridge do have elections.

Last edited:

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I do like the idea of holding elections in-game (it removes the possibility of it being rigged). What I don't like is locking the election commissioners to only one job. It seems a little unfair since this server proudly allows all players the chance to have any job they want.

Azmen_321

Citizen
The only reason I included not having another government job is to reduce the likely hood of corruption. This is just a rough draft open to all critics.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
I do definitely like the idea but I feel like it should be a part-time job, somewhat like TD(taxi driver) but as a Gov Job/aqa job. I still love the idea. I wish you luck which this concept.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
Also in a way so we do not take all Power out of the Mayor I think this would be a way to add Checks and Balances to the Mayor not strip power from them, it is still there city/town.