Answered / Added (Added) Death location hospital respawn point

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
You should respawn at the hospital closest to where you died. For instance, if you died in Ocean city, you would spawn at the ocean city hospital. If you died in the wild, let's say at -3000, -200, you would respawn at the closest hospital, the Westridge hospital. This would not only help promote other cities but give the server some more realism.

Matthew100x

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
Matthew100x
Matthew100x
Lawyer
This actually probably wouldn't be hard to code either. All the code has to do is create a command that sets a respawn point, and then the plugin just has to check the location of the death and bring it to the closest respawn point.

MrFib

Citizen
Donator
I think dying in the wild should bring you back to the capital hospital, otherwise people would use this to get fast and cheap ways to other cities. For example, people who need to get to covington would just go to Warp 2, kill themselves, and be respawned in covington's hospital for only k5. They should only respawn in a private city hospital when they die in the city's region.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
As Fib said, people could cheat and use wild warps as free transport. Because of that this should only apply to a certain perimeter around the city. This does pose a logistical problem however, as a simple if,then program won't work. If the server has extended world guard flags, there's a flag called testx which can run a boolean (in server files) within the regioned area. In my experience the extended worldguard flags plugin overlaps the stock flags and you need to have specific reduced permissions to use them, which is a pain. It's still possible.

EDIT: I actually have this exact prewritten code from a server I used to own. There's nothing proprietary to it. an admin just needs to dm me if they want to use it

Last edited:

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
As Fib said, people could cheat and use wild warps as free transport. Because of that this should only apply to a certain perimeter around the city. This does pose a logistical problem however, as a simple if,then program won't work. If the server has extended world guard flags, there's a flag called testx which can run a boolean (in server files) within the regioned area. In my experience the extended worldguard flags plugin overlaps the stock flags and you need to have specific reduced permissions to use them, which is a pain. It's still possible.
*smiles and nods but has no clue what is going on*