Answered / Added Jail Updates

Vujix

Citizen
- Username: Vujix
- Suggestion Title: Police and Jail updates
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Many new players come onto the server and commit a crime and think that its going to be a fun roleplay, many older players go to jail and just afk. I propose a way to break out of jail and instead of a timeframe to be in jail, you must to certain tasks to get out. The worse the crime, the more tasks. They would have the option to use the old fashion way and just wait it out or they could try and get out sooner. However, if someone were to break out, they would get fined double. This would make going to jail not just a thing where you go watch YT for 10 minutes, but an adventure. No matter what you do, you would still get punished.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):Maybe
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:
If this is too hard, then simply a way to break out. If you break out, you'd get fined double. If the jail sentence comes with no fine, they get fined 80kr.
For example:

Bob goes to jail for murder and gets fined 80kr.
He breaks out.
He gets fined another 80kr.

EDIT:
Please look at my comments before accepting/denying

Last edited:

Ryan_88

Deputy Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of State
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Deputy Prime Minister
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): Many new players come onto the server and commit a crime and think that its going to be a fun roleplay, many older players go to jail and just afk. I propose a way to break out of jail and instead of a timeframe to be in jail, you must to certain tasks to get out. The worse the crime, the more tasks. They would have the option to use the old fashion way and just wait it out or they could try and get out sooner. However, if someone were to break out, they would get fined double. This would make going to jail not just a thing where you go watch YT for 10 minutes, but an adventure. No matter what you do, you would still get punished.

- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
If this is too hard, then simply a way to break out. If you break out, you'd get fined double. If the jail sentence comes with no fine, they get fined 80kr.
For example:

He breaks out.
Why don't players just get banned for 10 minutes or however long.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
Acttly I agree with this. With the currnte system it is basicly geting banned for 10 mins with extra steps. And I think the thing that really make this a reailty is that this is just a option and that palyers can just sit there if they want. Now my coser is if new players aucttly think that this is how you play and that this reinfocres them to think this is a coppers and robbers game. Also I think there should be a note that says they will b fined again if they breakout, that way people know and dont sue.

Vujix

Citizen
Acttly I agree with this. With the currnte system it is basicly geting banned for 10 mins with extra steps. And I think the thing that really make this a reailty is that this is just a option and that palyers can just sit there if they want. Now my coser is if new players aucttly think that this is how you play and that this reinfocres them to think this is a coppers and robbers game. Also I think there should be a note that says they will b fined again if they breakout, that way people know and dont sue.

About the cops and robbers part, this is pretty simple unlike the elaborate things that C&Rs has.

Some task examples:
Go to a cafeteria and grab some lunch (A head called a tray, when you leave jail you loose it.)
Request a book (Again, get a head called book.)
etc

This would all require either an extension to the jail or a new jail entirely. As I am planning a new city layout, i'm positive I could help make a floorplan for a single building.

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer

For example:

He breaks out.
I think the jail is already being reworked; regardless I don't think a jailbreak system is needed and even if it was those punishments seem way too mild imo

Vujix

Citizen
I think the jail is already being reworked; regardless I don't think a jailbreak system is needed and even if it was those punishments seem way too mild imo
Maybe punishments could be more harsh for escaping, maybe like a 200 kr fine.

Vujix

Citizen
Hehe i mean gRaCe fOr NeW pLaYeR fixes all of this
Grace for new player only goes if they have less than 15 minutes of playtime. Most players get a tour and tours last for around 20 minutes according to the TG guide. So, unless a player runs away from their TG and stabs someone to death, Grace for new players is useless.

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Grace for new player only goes if they have less than 15 minutes of playtime. Most players get a tour and tours last for around 20 minutes according to the TG guide. So, unless a player runs away from their TG and stabs someone to death, Grace for new players is useless.
no it isnt lmao. A good chunk of the time tg's aren't on, so its meant for players who log on when theres no tg's. And from what i have observed most of the murders happen within 15 minutes.

Ryan_88

Deputy Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Minister of State
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Deputy Prime Minister
no it isnt lmao. A good chunk of the time tg's aren't on, so its meant for players who log on when theres no tg's. And from what i have observed most of the murders happen within 15 minutes.
Some of them are on but they won't respond to the sign.

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator
We try our best but yeah we cant help everyone. TGs need rest and breask as well. And that is why the New Player Grace Act helpes alot

Vujix

Citizen
We try our best but yeah we cant help everyone. TGs need rest and breask as well. And that is why the New Player Grace Act helpes alot
Even then, new players will mostly run around and look at buidings and explore.

Wait so you propose that we should get into jail for rule breaking which is a crime and then get out by committing another crime? It is not roleplay if you teach people to break out of jail. Crime = Punishment why should someone not serve their time.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
We shouldn't be making it a whole experience when you get into jail. In my opinion, our current system is fine. It forces a person to be cut off from the rest of the server, unable to enjoy it, which is exactly how a player should be punished. In fact there's probably more we could add to our current system. To start, we should restrict their chat to /whisper and /msg only. Experience has shown that when we give new players the ability to continue speaking after they have been sent to jail, it rarely ends well. Restricting their chat to /whisper and /msg will still allow them to talk to POs (If they are near), or continue a conversation privately. I do enjoy the idea of giving jailed players the opportunity to pass the time, but we don't have to go so far as making an entire prison server.

Vujix

Citizen
We shouldn't be making it a whole experience when you get into jail. In my opinion, our current system is fine. It forces a person to be cut off from the rest of the server, unable to enjoy it, which is exactly how a player should be punished. In my opinion, there's probably more we could add to our current system. To start, we should restrict their chat to /whisper and /msgonly. Experience has shown that when we give new players the ability to continue speaking after they have been sent to jail, it rarely ends well. Restricting their chat to /whisper and /msg will still allow them to talk to POs (If they are near), or continue a conversation privately. I do enjoy the idea of giving jailed players the opportunity to pass the time, but we don't have to go so far as making an entire prison server.

Going to jail rn isnt a punishment. You just go open yt for 10m and come back.