Votes: 7 43.8%
  • (PO Only) LETS PULL SOME IDIOTS OVER WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • but- but i wanna continue driving like a maniac-

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Vujix

Citizen
Cars have been apart of BC since the beginning of time. However, there are no more driving laws. IMO, we should re-add some simpler ones that PO can enforce. The plugins that caused server lag should not be re-added.

Rules I request to be re-added (or added)

• Drunk Driving (over 8%)
    • Per Offence: K40 fine
  • Reckless Driving
    • Per Offence: K50 fine
  • Off road driving
    • Per Offence: K20 fine
  • Speed Limit (10 blocks per second in cities, 15 in towns, and 20 in wild.)
    • Per Offence: K40 fine
  • Refusal to Pullover
    • Per Offence: K60 fine + 5m jail time
In addition, this would greatly enhance roleplay and give PO's something to do when other people aren't stabbing each other.

FlamingNinja728

Former Moderator
Donator
FlamingNinja728
FlamingNinja728
Tier2
The problem about reckless driving, speed limit, and off road driving is that a lot of these things can happen depending on how much a player is lagging (which is why this was initially removed). Also if this is something you wish to be added I’d recommend just contacting an MP and trying to work with them on it rather then creating a public referendum.

Vujix

Citizen
The problem about reckless driving, speed limit, and off road driving is that a lot of these things can happen depending on how much a player is lagging (which is why this was initially removed). Also if this is something you wish to be added I’d recommend just contacting an MP and trying to work with them on it rather then creating a public referendum.
Ill contact an MP, also, maybe a guideline/rule that says "DO NOT DRIVE WHILE LAGGING, and if you do you are subject to being pulled over yadayada yada."

We wouldn't even be able to track speed limit, plus cars are so damn slow anyways
Cars can be faster than elytras at times. Also, on the subject of tracking speed limit;

Person in car: NRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Cop: bad no stop heres speeding ticket

laws only apply if you get caught

ya know

like real life

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Ill contact an MP, also, maybe a guideline/rule that says "DO NOT DRIVE WHILE LAGGING, and if you do you are subject to being pulled over yadayada yada."

Cars can be faster than elytras at times. Also, on the subject of tracking speed limit;

Person in car: NRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Cop: bad no stop heres speeding ticket

laws only apply if you get caught

ya know

like real life
I just don't see that working out lol. The only car i can see catching up to an elytra is a police car. Or that special obsidian car in the muesem.

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator

Vujix, Lag is something all players deal with on a daily basis, why should it be made law that they can't drive because of uncontrollable circumstances? Plus, cars don't do damage to players/builds so there's not much reason for a law to be re-added aside from the minor annoyance of people zooming in front of you in a glitched car.

On the subject of Speeding, I agree with Zzz on not really being able to accurately track a car's speed, plus a zooming noise shouldn't mean you get fined as all cars make that noise when they drive lol

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
I honestly think these rules are less realistic and more of just a nuisance soo

I LobsterRoast disagree with this petition for the time-being

Vujix

Citizen
Vujix, Lag is something all players deal with on a daily basis, why should it be made law that they can't drive because of uncontrollable circumstances? Plus, cars don't do damage to players/builds so there's not much reason for a law to be re-added aside from the minor annoyance of people zooming in front of you in a glitched car.

On the subject of Speeding, I agree with Zzz on not really being able to accurately track a car's speed, plus a zooming noise shouldn't mean you get fined as all cars make that noise when they drive lol

No not a zooming noise lmao, if a cop sees someone going super fast, they get a ticket. Im just saying that these laws make

-annoying ppl on sidewalks go away
&
-BC more realistic

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
No not a zooming noise lmao, if a cop sees someone going super fast, they get a ticket. Im just saying that these laws make

-annoying ppl on sidewalks go away
&
-BC more realistic
BC being more realistic isn't a priority tbh. Heck inflation makes our prices lower instead of raise lmao

hotshot80915

Citizen
Donator
hotshot80915
hotshot80915
Tier1
You cant control your speed while driving I also have never seen someone who does not experience some form of lag while driving a vehicle. Also its impossible to tell if someone is speeding. The only realistic outcome for this is maybe drunk driving but it is currently a law just very hard to enforce.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Exactly Flim. Like some people just stink at driving so their 'reackless' driving is a( trying to learn how to not recklessly drive or b( a ton of lag that makes it lit impossible to drive responsibly. Off road driving is the same thing. Speed limits are kinda weird. I haven't driven in a while but I wonder if you get a notification for how fast ur going? Driving laws aren't entirely necessary. I suppose you could try to enforce laws like what to do with a car you're not currently driving, or restricting the sale of cars, something like that. As for driving laws, however, they are difficult to follow, and even harder to enforce.

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
You cant control your speed while driving I also have never seen someone who does not experience some form of lag while driving a vehicle. Also its impossible to tell if someone is speeding. The only realistic outcome for this is maybe drunk driving but it is currently a law just very hard to enforce.

^^^^ This, and it would make it far more difficult for the PO's to deal with crimes and whatnot because the speed of 'fast' is objective to every person's different views, so it wouldn't be enforceable in a court of law if someone felt cheated by the DoJ "I thought they went too fast so I fined them" doesn't really scream viable proof that PO's were in the right.

And the people on the sidewalk can't hurt you, so what is the purpose of adding a law just so that they can not annoy you? (I'd say that it lies more in the fault of the person getting annoyed because someone drove too close to them than the person dealing with lag from driving)

Of course harassments involving someone constantly driving near you and bothering you for the sole purpose of making life difficult can be said, but that falls under harassment laws and can be put into a player report, no added laws needed. (Correct me if I'm wrong lol)

As for realism, I'd agree with Zzz on that~ \/\/\/\/

BC being more realistic isn't a priority tbh.