Bill: Rejected Splitting The Advertising Law Into Two Laws.

How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
- Title: Spitting The Advertising law into two laws

- Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation): Edit maybe creation too?

- Elaboration & Reasoning: My reason behind wanting to do this is if someone just says the name of another server they’re not getting a massive ban. I feel it should be changed into two laws, one for spamming the server and stuff with stuff such as “JOIN THIS SERVER AT (IP) ITS HIGH QUALITY FACTIONS!!!” the offences would stay exactly like they are now for this. For the second law of just saying a server name, I feel it should go like this, first offence would be a warning second offence would be a 1 day mute third offence would be a 2 day mute fourth offence would be a 2 week mute and fifth offence would be a permanent mute.

- What would benefit from this: The players would benefit from this if they make a mistake and say a server name or something. Especially if they're newer players.

- Other Information: I have no idea if I can change this, but I feel the punishment is just a bit too large at the moment for one small slip up.

Last edited:

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I like this very much, I think that the punishments should be something like this though

-1st offense: warning
-2nd offense: 1 day mute
-3rd offense: 1 week ban
-4th offense: 2 week ban
-5th offense: permanent ban

idk that's just my opinion, otherwise, it's really good!

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I like this very much, I think that the punishments should be something like this though

-1st offense: warning
-2nd offense: 1 day mute
-3rd offense: 1 week ban
-4th offense: 2 week ban
-5th offense: permanent ban

idk that's just my opinion, otherwise, it's really good!
Alright, I’ll change it to that :)

sparkleA

Citizen
I would agree with this, but there is a difference between advertising and accidentally saying a server's name. If this were to change the punishments for saying a server name, I would change it to this. (However, I am very open to a different punishment system for saying a server name.)

1st offense: 15 minute mute
2nd offense: 1 hour mute
3rd offense: 1 day mute
4th offense: 1 week mute
5th offense: permanent mute

If this were kept as for advertising (which is asking people to go onto a different server, or mentioning a server's IP) rather than just mentioning a server's name, then I would vote nay.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
Especially if they're newer players.
This is exactly why we have a law and a tutorial, both of which are suggested to new players multiple times in multiple ways.

make a mistake and say a server name
I am unable to see how typing out a specific server name letter by letter could be a mistake.

Also - We have ban appeals for a reason. If you are sincere, honest, and not stupid in your appeal, you will most likely be unbanned.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
I think we should split this into two laws. One for just mentioning the server name, and one for actually advertising (as in HEY EVERYONE COME CHECK OUT _____!!! FREE STAFF!!!).

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I think we should split this into two laws. One for just mentioning the server name, and one for actually advertising (as in HEY EVERYONE COME CHECK OUT _____!!! FREE STAFF!!!).
This would be better, I will change it to this.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
advertise:
describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

technically, mentioning a server name in itself is not even against the law at the moment. So this wouldn't be splitting it, it would be adding a new law to restrict people from mentioning server names. However I like this idea.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
advertise:
describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

technically, mentioning a server name in itself is not even against the law at the moment. So this wouldn't be splitting it, it would be adding a new law to restrict people from mentioning server names. However I like this idea.

I’m glad you like it :)

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
advertise:

It was mostly Koals idea o_o

sparkleA

Citizen
I like changing it to mentioning the name and actually advertising as 2 separate things. But, I think your current proposal for actually advertising is a bit too lax. I agree with the current advertising policy (2 week ban, permanent ban). If someone likes another server better, and wants to take players from here to that server, then they shouldn't play on this amazing server. But I agree with your punishments for mentioning server names.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I like changing it to mentioning the name and actually advertising as 2 separate things. But, I think your current proposal for actually advertising is a bit too lax. I agree with the current advertising policy (2 week ban, permanent ban). If someone likes another server better, and wants to take players from here to that server, then they shouldn't play on this amazing server. But I agree with your punishments for mentioning server names.
Ok, thank you for the feedback :)

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
I have fixed it now, do you prefer this one???