Citizen
Donator
Hello, again, Parliament!

- Title:
Warning Appeal

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):
Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning:
After writing my car laws motion this idea came up. I thought I would post it in a separate motion because even if my car laws motion does not pass this could still be added. Anyways, the addition of warning appeals would be fairly simple. It would allow players to appeal for a warning they feel they did not deserve. The format would be similar to that of the ban appeal. Players would fill out the format and submit it for review. The appeal can be carried out similar to that of the ban appeals. If proof is given that can either improve or hurt the players appeal. It will then be taken into consideration and will be reviewed. It will be reviewed on things like this:
- how severe the warning is
- the players history
- the reason and proof (if given) the players provides

Please let me know if you have anything to add or change I’m not sure if this is very good.

- Other Information:
Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions

The appeal would be similar to that of the ban appeals:
- In-Game name:
- Staff who warned you:
- What were you warned for:
- Why do you Believe your warning should be lifted:
- Additional information:

Last edited:

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
This may be better for if/when a court system is added. However, I feel the motion suits the current status of the server, even though it may be generalistic. Consider adding some more detail, particularly describing how you think the appeal should be carried out.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I like this. Now, I can appeal on all my warnings!!!1!1

jk jk
:3
So your just kidding about your just kidding? So your not just kidding xD

This may be better for if/when a court system is added. However, I feel the motion suits the current status of the server, even though it may be generalistic. Consider adding some more detail, particularly describing how you think the appeal should be carried out.

Ok I will add that thank you for your sugggstion!

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Warnings are already VERY gracious punishments. I don't think they should be appealable. If a warning is accidentally/abusingly applied to a player by a Moderator, an admin / owner can fix it.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Warnings are already VERY gracious punishments. I don't think they should be appealable. If a warning is accidentally/abusingly applied to a player by a Moderator, an admin / owner can fix it.
This is for the player, if they feel they’ve have not done wrong, to say why they believe that. It won’t hurt anything if implemented, but we will see how the votes go.

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator

I don't believe this would necessarily hurt anything, as the appeal could be handled at the discretion of the staff member who first applied the warning. Therefore, you would have the choice whether or not to remove a warning you applied to a member.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I don't believe this would necessarily hurt anything, as the appeal could be handled at the discretion of the staff member who first applied the warning. Therefore, you would have the choice whether or not to remove a warning you applied to a member.
Right, but I can only imagine that 95% of warning appeals will just be a chore for staff rather than actually get anything done, as staff only misapply warnings every blue moon and if someone did something to deserve a warning, they don't deserve the warning taken away as the warning is gracious enough already.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
Erm... I don't know about how this would affect staff, but I already have warnings that I would like to be taken off my record because they were false allegations and have been proven. :P

FlappyChickens

Gucci Gang Veteran
Donator

Right, but I can only imagine that 95% of warning appeals will just be a chore for staff rather than actually get anything done, as staff only misapply warnings every blue moon and if someone did something to deserve a warning, they don't deserve the warning taken away as the warning is gracious enough already.

Yes Slime, your point is the right one. You are already allowed to protest a warning in chat so I don't understand this. Appeals are only for things that affect you. Warning don't do anything but insert a pop up message on your screen. Yes, they could eventually get you banned, but if your getting that many warnings in the first place, what difference does it make?

ChrisClassics

That One Dude
Donator
they were false allegations and have been proven.

I am not aware of any warnings that were proven to be false. Even if there were, they should have already been removed by the staff member, if you bothered to read what Slime posted, which is why I believe your statement to be false. Even then, that situation should not be handled in any parliament thread, however, most likely bug reports or with the staff member who applied the warning either in-game, through a private discord chat, or a private chat on the forums.

ShadowCheck

That Guy Who Stalks You
Banned
Donator
I was just giving an example, and I made a mistake. The warning has been taken off. And, Chris, the warning was about my "alt" :3

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Erm... I don't know about how this would affect staff, but I already have warnings that I would like to be taken off my record because they were false allegations and have been proven. :p
I just told you how it affects staff.
I agree with this, because warnings can lead to bans. Sometimes it isn't always deserved.
That's exactly what ban appeals are for. And "sometimes" doesn't cut it, because it's such a small issue that happen to only a handful of players that it can easily be solved by posting in Support, etc. This is unnecessarily elaborating and clunking up the solution of an issue that already has an easier, more efficient solution.
I was just giving an example, and I made a mistake. The warning has been taken off. And, Chris, the warning was about my "alt" :3
See! Warnings can be taken off easily without the need for "appeals", as what you just said proves.