Answered / Added Inflation Recovery Act (IRA)

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
I'm on a suggestion kick here, bear with me.

Preface:

So there's been a lot of talk about emerald trading. Which is valid, as it is an important part of our economy. However, I think what people are upset about is not just emerald trading itself, but the effect of emerald trading, that's right folks: Inflation! If you don't know what inflation is, Google it, but to summarize, money has gotten to the point where it's so abundant, it has no use. But the fact of the matter is that even though nerfing emeralds would make it harder for new players to become wealthy, the damage has already been done when it comes to veteran players. Companies like MCorp have been so successful that, even if we outright banned emerald trading, they have so many assets that they would have enough resources to venture into other operations and be absolutely fine. So how do we make the economy fair for everyone? In other words, how do we make a system that will reward richer players for their work, give newer less wealthy players a fighting chance, and make money actually useful again

Economy Reset:

This is going to be controversial, but I think it's necessary. An economy reset would entail resetting everyone's in-game balance to the same amount. Now, this may seem like Communism. But don't deport me to Russia, I can explain. Even though balances will be reset, all physical property will be retained. This means that all items that go in an inventory (Aside for bank notes of course), as well as land and buildings, will stay with their owners. This means that if you own a trading company, your villagers and farms will be kept in your possession. This allows more established players to keep some of their wealth, while not being ridiculously overpowered.

Emerald Price Adjustment:

The emerald price needs to happen at the exact same time as the Eco reset. When prices are changed and balances reset, Emerald traders will be the first to recover, as they will still have their farms. However, because of the adjusted prices, they won't shoot up as quickly. Because company owners will now be driven to make money again, an enormous amount of new jobs will be created. Because of the demand, wages will rise, and workers will have enough money to start their own businesses. When the economy stabilizes, everyone will have their own slice of the pie, and we'll all have a chance at prosperity.

Sidenotes:

• As soon as the plan is announced, land purchasing needs to be limited, as many players will just convert their money into land that they can resell or use later. Perhaps there will be a cap on buying new land, and/or the price will be increased to the point it won't be an effective way of saving money.
  • We will need to find some way to make all banknotes void as that would be a big exploit
  • The plan should be referred to as the "Codes Financial Plan" or "Codesian Economics" to inflate my ego.

If you read this far, you're a beautiful person. Thanks so much for your time and I hope that I made y'all think a bit.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I'm on a suggestion kick here, bear with me.

Preface:

So there's been a lot of talk about emerald trading. Which is valid, as it is an important part of our economy. However, I think what people are upset about is not just emerald trading itself, but the effect of emerald trading, that's right folks: Inflation! If you don't know what inflation is, Google it, but to summarize, money has gotten to the point where it's so abundant, it has no use. But the fact of the matter is that even though nerfing emeralds would make it harder for new players to become wealthy, the damage has already been done when it comes to veteran players. Companies like MCorp have been so successful that, even if we outright banned emerald trading, they have so many assets that they would have enough resources to venture into other operations and be absolutely fine. So how do we make the economy fair for everyone? In other words, how do we make a system that will reward richer players for their work, give newer less wealthy players a fighting chance, and make money actually useful again

Economy Reset:

This is going to be controversial, but I think it's necessary. An economy reset would entail resetting everyone's in-game balance to the same amount. Now, this may seem like Communism. But don't deport me to Russia, I can explain. Even though balances will be reset, all physical property will be retained. This means that all items that go in an inventory (Aside for bank notes of course), as well as land and buildings, will stay with their owners. This means that if you own a trading company, your villagers and farms will be kept in your possession. This allows more established players to keep some of their wealth, while not being ridiculously overpowered.

Emerald Price Adjustment:

The emerald price needs to happen at the exact same time as the Eco reset. When prices are changed and balances reset, Emerald traders will be the first to recover, as they will still have their farms. However, because of the adjusted prices, they won't shoot up as quickly. Because company owners will now be driven to make money again, an enormous amount of new jobs will be created. Because of the demand, wages will rise, and workers will have enough money to start their own businesses. When the economy stabilizes, everyone will have their own slice of the pie, and we'll all have a chance at prosperity.

Sidenotes:

• As soon as the plan is announced, land purchasing needs to be limited, as many players will just convert their money into land that they can resell or use later. Perhaps there will be a cap on buying new land, and/or the price will be increased to the point it won't be an effective way of saving money.
  • We will need to find some way to make all banknotes void as that would be a big exploit
  • The plan should be referred to as the "Codes Financial Plan" or "Codesian Economics" to inflate my ego.

If you read this far, you're a beautiful person. Thanks so much for your time and I hope that I made y'all think a bit.
Although this is a nice idea, it doesn't work. Sure resetting everyone's balance would make it a nice restart, but every person who has purchased krunas on the server store may feel differently. Those people paid REAL money to get those krunas and it would seem unfair for all those people if it was just taken away.

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
Fair enough. So, if you donated, you get all the money you bought added to your balance at reset.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
In my honest opinion, everyone thinks the only solution to our economic "problem" is to start over! and to me, that is not the way. the addition of emerald nerfs may work, but the only real way to stop this is to create other jobs that can equally benefit the owner and the economy.

Codes320

Citizen
Donator
In my honest opinion, everyone thinks the only solution to our economic "problem" is to start over! and to me, that is not the way. the addition of emerald nerfs may work, but the only real way to stop this is to create other jobs that can equally benefit the owner and the economy.
I mean yeah it’s a nice idea but what jobs? What specifics would you implement to make that work?

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
For instance, adding more than four available jobs in the university. The DoCE could look at past suggestions that were highly favored but never added (i.e. the chef job that gives special permissions to whoever uses it).

It's obviously too late to completely fix the economy unless a reset happens, but it would be the ultimate solution to fixing everything and gaining more players. I think Koalition should start creating BusinessCraft V2 with 1.13 and many more features because I can see this server dying if it continues down this route.

Economy Reset: Yes this is going to suck really bad for players to lose all of their progress. So instead of just resetting and continuing with how we started off 1-2 years ago the entire server should get re-branded with new economy systems, plugins, and jobs on the release date. If you just reset the server then what's the point of coming back?

Emerald Price Adjustment: You're point is headed in the right direction but it will not fix the underlining issue of inflation. It will allow for more player owned jobs to be created and for items to stabilize according to the jobs but you are forgetting about the people like matty707 who possibly have millions and I have 15-20 regions in the city. There are many players who have over 300,000 and if you nerf emerald trading the inflation will always have a large scar on the server.

You can take the easy route and reset/nerf things or you can spend some time to fix all of the issues in one take and then a lot of people will not quit. I've spent 2 years on this server and it has gotten increasingly boring not only because of the unlimited amount of money I have but the lack of features in the past year and no foreseeable future for this servers economy.

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
We're working on fixing the economy and moving away from emerald trading as the primary way of receiving a lot of money. An economic reset is out of the question, however, as a lot of players will no longer be motivated to continue playing.