How do you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xEndeavour

Citizen
Banned
- Title: PMQ Amendment Act
- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation): Edit
- Elaboration & Reasoning: Allowing for up to 14 questions in total to be asked during Prime Ministerial Questions. This replaces the 3 questions per member of parliament present limit.
- Other Information: Due to time differences, which inhibits MP attendance at PMQ, it allows MPs to ask questions that could not be asked due to low attendance rates. 14 questions maintains a short and manageable session.

Original Bill: https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/removal-of-elected-minister-installation-of-pmqs.5461/

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
This bill doesn't specify who would ask questions or how many questions they would be able to ask, just change the overall limit of the amount of allowed questions. The point of PMQs was to have a roleplay interaction between members of the elected legislative with the head of government.

However the point raised about having not many members of parliament present at the same time is valid and I commend xEndeavour for wanting to fix it. I do not think this is the right way to do so, therefore the bill has been vetoed.

I would be in favor of these changes: If there are less than 4 MPs present (Speaker + 3 MPs), the Speaker will be able to ask up to two additional pre-made questions from each absent MP or in case none were made, call upon 3 citizens in the audience to ask the prime minister a question each.

Vetoed

This bill has been vetoed by the Prime Minister.

Learn more about the process of legislature »

Last edited by a moderator: