Answered / Added 1.13/1.14/1.15/1.16 Worlds

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
- Suggestion Title: 1.13/1.14 Worlds
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
With the now old border since it's been , 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16 chunks can't be loaded. Due to this, we're missing out on new structural features such as better rivers, the new flowers, villages and so on. What this suggestion proposes would be having multiple worlds on the server. For example, the current world with cities and all, and another world with pure wilderness so we could have the newer features.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): I don't reckon so, it might though
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: If this does go ahead it would obviously need to be added when we actually get to 1.16

Also this went like a year and a half without being added or answered until it got locked for necroposting

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
only problem is that its not as simple as just making a new world. worlds are data, and that data has to be stored somewhere, which escalates costs to maintain the server.

Creepsteve05

Member Of Parliament
Banned
Donator
only problem is that its not as simple as just making a new world. worlds are data, and that data has to be stored somewhere, which escalates costs to maintain the server.
from my experience, world data doesn't take up that much space. the bulk of stored data is player data like inventories and assets. I don't think it should be that much of a problem on this scale

Last edited:

catfriedrice

Citizen
I personally wouldn't mind a refresh done anyway. full refresh. Put a new map up, worldedit transfer the current BC and surrounding cities/towns, everything else is fair game.

It's a massive endeavor, it probably won't go over with anyone, but I agree the chunks loading old map data has started messing with areas to visit and something needs be done about it

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
I personally wouldn't mind a refresh done anyway. full refresh. Put a new map up, worldedit transfer the current BC and surrounding cities/towns, everything else is fair game.

It's a massive endeavor, it probably won't go over with anyone, but I agree the chunks loading old map data has started messing with areas to visit and something needs be done about it

Honestly, I highly disagree with this, personally, as someone who has holdings in the wild that I've spent weeks if not 2-3 months working on creations, it would destroy so much work and history of BC. The cities and towns should be saved, but i feel that claimed land should remain the same as well, which would be doable, albiet slightly more difficult to produce. Making a new world, as Lobster said, would also raise prices and whatnot, so honestly, I don't see how we can update the world, nor do I truly see a reason to, the nether, yes, ofc update it, that's hopefully a given, but the overworld, unless we destroy tons of player's work and energy in the wild, it is nearly impossible to paste in a newer updated world.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
but I agree the chunks loading old map data has started messing with areas to visit and something needs be done about it
This is also a really important thing to bring up, I know the area south of the river in South BC is entirely blocked off because it has corrupt chunks, and the wild adjacent to Troutman is also riddled with corrupt chunks and a huge portion of it is blocked off as well

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
This is also a really important thing to bring up, I know the area south of the river in South BC is entirely blocked off because it has corrupt chunks, and the wild adjacent to Troutman is also riddled with corrupt chunks and a huge portion of it is blocked off as well

That's true, I've run into corrupt chunks myself. Would there be any way for an Admin to merely refresh the chunks that are corrupt? As in reverting them back to their original state?

Croldfish

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
Croldfish
Croldfish
EconomySecretary
I guess they could use the warp thing to warp to another world on the server like multiverse core.