Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink17

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
ShadowLink17
ShadowLink17
Lawyer
To the judge who takes this case, hello! I am ShadowLink17, a duck at Quack Quack Quack Moo Law Firm and Drugs, a law firm which sues people, quacks at them, and sells drugs. Today I am here on behalf of my client, _MrFib (last image).

Our company is suing SimplyGabi for breaking a contract.

The contract says that _MrFib and SimplyGabi will not flirt with anyone for a week from the date of signing. Breaking this contract will result in the offender paying half of their balance to the other player and SimplyGabi has broken this contract several times.

The date of the contract signing was forgotten by both members but the first screenshot shows that it was around the eleventh of November.

The second to last image shows SimplyGabi calling someone "hot", which is considered as flirting.

We are requesting 22,291 krunas as that is half of SimplyGabi's current balance and a declaration of love from SimplyGabi as a result of this heinous crime.

Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/KaKeBpY

If I may, may I request the honorable judge, SpriteTropical, take this case.

Last edited:

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
@gabi__ is hereby summoned to the court to acknowledge the case. If the Defendant, @gabi__ , does not acknowledge the case as a reply in 2 days, the case will close in the Plaintiff's favor.

Court is in Session

This case is presided by Judge SpriteTropical Bear in mind to not reply to court cases unless summoned by the Judge!

FlamingNinja728

Former Moderator
Donator
FlamingNinja728
FlamingNinja728
Tier2
Good day your honor, my name is FlamingNinja728 from Sizzling Hot Flaming Fire Law Firm (Credit to Windows_Dog) and I will be representing SimplyGabi in this defense.

The case displayed by the prosecution states that “_MrFib and SimplyGabi will not flirt with anyone for a week from the date of signing. Breaking this contract will result in the offender paying half of their balance to the other player and SimplyGabi has broken this contract several times.” I’d like to start off with saying, the prosecution has only provided one (1) example of my client “flirting” with another person, despite them claiming its happened on multiple occasions

Secondly, I’d like to bring up what the definition of flirting is to “Behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.” This definition was taken from the English Oxford Dictionary, one of the most reputable English dictionaries. Adding onto this, the evidence they provided against my client is her saying “Because youre hot / B) / and so is your mom / i can see where you get it.” In this, they are believing the term “hot” is her flirting with another person. The definition of “hot” I have found, yet again from the English Oxford Dictionary is “having a high degree of heat or a high temperature.” Applying this definition to the accusation at hand, provides us with my client saying that the person has a high degree of body temperature, which could have been caused by a variety of things such as being in a hot room, or getting exercise. The same could be applied to the mother involved in the situation. Since the mother and her child are related, and they are both experiencing the same increase in body temperature, she was simply stating they got the elevation from the same circumstance.

A final point I'd like to bring up is that at the time of the signing of this contract, or the time they have provided for it starting, my client did not have the name “Gabi__” rather it was “SimplyGabi.” They also provided no evidence that my client has been the one to sign the book. Yet another thing is that the name signed for the prosecutor's client is “_MrFib_” however his IGN is “_MrFib” thus meaning my client has agreed to these terms with a nonexistent person, even if she were to have signed this contract.

Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/btHCybQ

With this evidence being put forward, we’d also like to request to view the contract in game (Next time the server is up of course)

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
I’d like to start off with saying, the prosecution has only provided one (1) example of my client “flirting” with another person, despite them claiming its happened on multiple occasions
Despite this, the plaintiff still has a valid claim as the contract has appeared to be broken. As such, this argument will be ignored during the deliverance of the verdict.

With this evidence being put forward, we’d also like to request to view the contract in game
Request granted. The court orders that @ShadowLink17 presents the contract in-game to both Flaming and Gabi, and in order to ensure that this occurs confirmation from both parties will be required.

Secondly, I’d like to bring up what the definition of flirting is to “Behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions.” This definition was taken from the English Oxford Dictionary, one of the most reputable English dictionaries. Adding onto this, the evidence they provided against my client is her saying “Because youre hot / B) / and so is your mom / i can see where you get it.” In this, they are believing the term “hot” is her flirting with another person. The definition of “hot” I have found, yet again from the English Oxford Dictionary is “having a high degree of heat or a high temperature.” Applying this definition to the accusation at hand, provides us with my client saying that the person has a high degree of body temperature, which could have been caused by a variety of things such as being in a hot room, or getting exercise. The same could be applied to the mother involved in the situation. Since the mother and her child are related, and they are both experiencing the same increase in body temperature, she was simply stating they got the elevation from the same circumstance.
This is certainly a compelling argument. Would the plaintiff like to offer a rebuttal? @ShadowLink17 you have the floor.

ShadowLink17

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
ShadowLink17
ShadowLink17
Lawyer
I do see the defendant’s point that calling someone hot could relate to an increase in body temperature. However one must take a look at the context in which it was said. The line which triggered the response is “why randos adding me on sc im scared”. Using common sense and intuition, one recognize that “sc” is Snapchat. It is uncommon to add someone on Snapchat because of an increase in body temperature. In conclusion, using the context in which this was said, it can be seen as flirting.

The contract was given to the defendant and rests in the inventory of FlamingNinja728.

In response to the statement regarding the nature of the signing of the contract: even though Gabi’s in game name at the time was different than the one used to sign the contract, she admitted to signing the contract in one is the screenshots sent.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
The line which triggered the response is “why randos adding me on sc im scared”. Using common sense and intuition, one recognize that “sc” is Snapchat. It is uncommon to add someone on Snapchat because of an increase in body temperature.
What does the defendant have to say about this?

FlamingNinja728

Former Moderator
Donator
FlamingNinja728
FlamingNinja728
Tier2
While the prosecution has provided a valid argument, they also have not taken into account the numerous other abbreviations. For example, when typing “sc abbreviation” into a web browser, a list of possible abbreviations comes up, with over 200 results. While the statement provided by the prosecution may be true, you also have to account for all of the other possible things. There were also numerous abbreviations listed higher then “Snapchat” such as “Supply Center” or “Sports Center” along with 15 other abbreviations being listed before the prosecution's claim of “Snapchat.”

I Would also like to point out that the “contract” provided by the prosecution was never officially signed by either party, and still remains an open book and quill, meaning that information inside could have been tampered with since my client “signed” it. Thus making it a voided contract despite my client admitting to “signing it.”

Evidence:
https://imgur.com/RBu893H
https://imgur.com/wayiioy
https://imgur.com/QjGajr8

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Apologies to both parties for the long wait, I had got caught up with finals and schoolwork issues.

If the plaintiff wishes to respond to the above argument, they may. After that, I believe I will have enough information to make a verdict.

ShadowLink17

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
ShadowLink17
ShadowLink17
Lawyer
Although the abbreviation "sc" can stand for many different things, they are not used in normal texting over discord.

That is all we have to add.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Summary: _MrFib has brought Gabi__ to court over an alleged breach of contract, arguing that Gabi__ had broke the contract as she supposedly flirted with another player, thus breaking the contract.

Verdict:
The court rules in favor of the Defendant. The argument raised by the defense that the contract can't considered to be a legal contract as it had never officially been signed is valid, and the Plaintiff offered no rebuttal to the claim. As the Court is unsure whether or not the contract had been edited after the signing, and it can't be proved, this unsigned book cannot be considered a legal contract. Furthermore, the punishment for this contract is in violation of the Contract Legality Act, as it is extremely severe and not warranted given the supposed violation of the "contract". Moreover, given the ambiguity of the statements made by the Defendant, they can't considered to be intentionally flirting.

The court is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge SpriteTropical

Status
Not open for further replies.