_Zzz_King_'s Election Post (December 2020)

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Username: _Zzz_King_

Playtime: 22 days

Hey guys! You may know me as Zzz and I am running to become a Member of parliament! You may know me well for being a Police Officer and the CEO of Hunting Industries.

I Joined this server on May 28th, 2020 and have been really active ever since. I love this server a lot and hope to be able to contribute to make it even better! This is definitely the best economy server I’ve played before because the community is just so amazing and this server just has such a realistic aspect to it.

I think I'm suited to be a Member of Parliament because I care about the community so much! I want to make life in this game amazing and fair for players. I would support bills that include forgiveness and fair minded concepts. As well as bills to help the quality of life for players. I want to make this server as welcoming as possible for new players and everyone!

Bills I want to Introduce:

-Giving New Players Grace for murders

To expand on this I often see new players who don’t know what they're doing and kill someone. A lot of people would acknowledge that oh this is a new player so i’ll just say consent. Despite that there’s also a good chunk of players who will just say unconsented no matter what. So then Po’s have no choice but to arrest. The player is confused as to why they are in jail then proceeds to leave the server and never come back. I’ve seen this happen countless times and it’s really affecting whether players stay or not. So I wanted to introduce a bill that gives players with a playtime of 30 minutes or less get grace for 1st offense of murder. If they do it a second time then they go to jail. I feel like this bill would really contribute to adding to the player base.

-Harsher Punishment for Incitement

Incitement is a crime where someone provokes someone into breaking the law. A lot of proof is needed when you want to charge someone for incitement. In the rare case someone gets caught from incitement they get fined 100 kr and spend 5 min in jail. I feel like a better punishment for incitement would be to make the punishment equal to the punishment for the crime they were trying to provoke someone to commit. For example, if you provoke someone to murder you and theres proof they get fined 80 kr and spend 10 minutes in jail. This would make the punishment for incitement more fair.

Other bill ideas:

(If you want more info on this you can ask me).

-Adding Verbal Warning to more laws

- Legalizing killing someone for trespassing, even if they died right in front of your property and not in it, if given enough proof they were in it before.

Thank you for reading my election post and good luck to all the other people running!

Attachments

• zzzmp3 (1).jpg
    zzzmp3 (1).jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Could you elaborate on this please?
I feel like adding a verbal warning to more laws would help make this server more welcoming. One of the main ideas of my election is to be more graceful to players. Instead of fining right away believe laws like Initiating unwanted pvp,, and trespassing could all use a verbal warning before fining and jail starts to happen. Obviously we can't apply this to all laws because there's laws you got to be punished right away for.

xlayzur

Citizen
Donator
-Giving New Players Grace for murders

First I can see where you are coming from but this is not needed. We want to enforce citizens to read government laws and server rules as players. If citizens refuse to read the laws within our government system they can receive the consequences just like everyone else. If this was to become an Act of Parliament, I'm sure expo facto would come into play which is just a mess to handle for DoJ to remove all of those records.

- Legalizing killing someone for trespassing, even if they died right in front of your property and not in it, if given enough proof they were in it before.

This sounds a bit over-complicated. Mind explaining more?

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
To your first question:
It's not like citizens are refusing to read the laws. People are logging on just to play Minecraft. I don't think most people would join a server and read all the laws and info right away before they play. People just want to play Minecraft. This is for new players who logged on and don't know what they are doing. It's not like they are getting special treatment for being new but they are just getting forgiveness. A player with a playtime of 30 minutes or less wouldn't have taken the time to read all the laws yet. Ex Post Factor states that you can't be punished for an act that was made illegal after it was done. (https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/illegalization-of-ex-post-facto.6411/) It doesn't state anything about clearing records. Plus, if people want to clear their records they can go through courts.

To your second question:

Basically I've had to arrest people before who killed people for trespassing, but the person died right in front of the property and not in it. Even though there was proof that the person was in the property before. So I want to make legal to kill someone for trespassing even if they aren't in your property when you killed them, but right in front. This wouldn't apply to if a person who was trespassing went a far distance because they aren't even near the property anymore.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Zzz good post! Very clear, but I still have a few Questions
Why do you think more verbal warnings are necesary?
And why do you think it should be legal to kill someone for tresspassing?
Otherwise I totally agree w/ yur points

Zzz_King

Citizen
Donator
Zzz good post! Very clear, but I still have a few Questions
Why do you think more verbal warnings are necesary?
And why do you think it should be legal to kill someone for tresspassing?
Otherwise I totally agree w/ yur points
More Verbal Warning are necessary in my opinion for certain laws because I feel like it would encourage people not to break the law again while still being forgiving to them. If they get punished right away i feel like it will make them resent the server more, but don't get me wrong if someone hates the laws that's on them, but giving more grace can make a player feel more welcome and gives them the chance not to do it again without it getting on their record.

It is already legal for someone to kill for trespassing but it is illegal if the person they killed dies not in their property, but right in front of it. For example if the person got shot, but ends up dying on the road right in front of the house. I feel like this doesn't make sense because any player can just move around to make it look like they weren't trespassing.

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
I see. That cleared things up a lot, tysm!