Status
Not open for further replies.

darkkgrey

Department of Public Affairs
darkkgrey
darkkgrey
EventPlanner
Sorry for my late response, I wasn't able to respond at the time that the website was last up.

1. I agree, as I said before I had already saved the price sheet beforehand, expecting better quality logos.

2. No, I asked to see different designs, hoping for a better outcome. I thought that explaining what I was looking for more carefully would result in better quality and it didn't. These designs could not have caused the plaintiff to spend excessive time on the work, given the quality of the product. The more time spent on a product would produce better quality, and that is not the case here.

3. I disagree, I closed the ticket as a result of canceling my order with the company, as I said before I did not wish to support the company any further after receiving poor quality logos. Once again 750-1500kr is not a reasonable price for the quality of the product that I was receiving.

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour,

Apologies for the lack of response In this case. The plaintiffs lawyer recently resigned from the server as a lawyer and has left their cases to me. I request 24 hours to review this case and get back to you. This will most likely happen before the 24 hour period has ended

Last edited:

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

24 hours granted. I remind the court that we are still in the middle of cross-examination unless the Plaintiff has no other questions for darkkgrey.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The Plaintiff's 24 hours is now up. I ask that within the next 48 hours they ask any final questions they may have for the Defendant. If there are none, then I ask that counsel please say so. After the conclusion of the cross-examination, I will allow for one round of redirect if the Defense so wishes.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
That is all,
Thank You

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Two further questions your honour,

1. When did you state that you did not want the logo? As per the evidence we have presented In our opening presentation to the court, the ticket was simply closed. No communication about cancellation was received.

2. If you were not satisfied with the direction, or lack thereof that the work was going in, surely it would have been best to relay that? Did you at any point specifically say this to the company?

darkkgrey

darkkgrey
darkkgrey
EventPlanner
1. I stated that I did not want the logo in DM's with the plaintiff. I was dissatisfied with the logos and decided I wanted to go elsewhere so I simply closed the ticket. The ticket being closed should have communicated that I no longer wanted to support the company.

2. Once again, I closed the ticket to cancel my order. I had talked with my business partner prior to cancelling our order, and we agreed to create our own logo instead. I said this to the Plaintiff in DM's. I tried to approach optimistic, but when i wasnt satisfied i thought it was best not to say anything, but instead to cancel the order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-163118.png
    Screenshot_20220603-163118.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 16

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

If the Plaintiff has no further questions, the Court asks that they say so to keep the trial moving. If there are more questions, the court asks that the Plaintiff please present them sooner than later.

That is all,
Thank You

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
One further question your honour,

When closing the ticket to “cancel the order”, it should have been made clear that your intention was to cancel. Wouldn’t you agree?

After all it is the law that after doing work for someone for 24hours there is automatically a contract there between the two. Technically you broke away from that contract.

darkkgrey

darkkgrey
darkkgrey
EventPlanner
Closing the ticket implies that I canceled my order, yes. I don't believe that I broke any contract seeing as we never made an agreement on any singular product, let alone never even discussed outside fees. The products did not take 24 hours to make, which is shown in the screenshots provided by the plaintiff, the ticket was open for less than a full 24 hours. I'd also like to argue that even if it were open for 24 hours or more, there should be an understanding of time zones. Not everyone is available at the same time meaning that we were not working together for a full 24 hours regardless.

Last edited:

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

I am terribly sorry to both parties. Whilst focusing on other things, this has managed to slip my mind. I do apologize for that.

The plaintiff may present their closing statement, they are given 48 hours to do so.

That is all,
Thank You

TeddyTaps230

Citizen
Banned
Executive Office
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
TeddyTaps230
TeddyTaps230
Special Advisor
Your honour, it is clear in law that for every bit of work one does for someone over 24 hours there is automatically a contract there where pay is required.

You have seen in the witness testimony that the witness did not at any point tell my client that they did not want any work done anymore. They simply closed the ticket after work had been done.

My client should be entitled to some compensation for the work that they have put in.

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

The court thanks the Plaintiff for their statement. The Defense now has 48 hours to present their closing statement.

That is all,
Thank You

ZeketheKaiser

Department of Economy
Department of Economy
Lawyer
ZeketheKaiser
ZeketheKaiser
Treasurer
Your honor, this case couldn't be clearer. The plaintiff is suing my client for choosing to not buy their product. At the start of the ticket darkgrey inquired about making a logo. Without informing darkgrey of any prices or preliminary information, alien went straight into working.. Furthermore, the defendant didn't approve of any logo being made. My client should not be punished for opening a ticket and the plaintiff rushing into work without approval or agreement.

Last edited:

Cooleagles2005

Citizen
Lawyer
Cooleagles
Cooleagles
Lawyer
Good Evening,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize as it has taken me longer than expected to release this verdict; however, we are here now. Additionally, I want to take this time to thank both parties for their hard work and dedication to the case.

Now, to the verdict.
Plaintiff:
The Plaintiff has brought the Defendant, darkkgrey, to court for the following reasons:
1. The Defendant had "employed" the Plaintiff to make advertisements for their company and did not compensate the Plaintiff for their time/effort.
2. Due to the Minimum Wage/Pay Reform Act, the Plaintiff should have been compensated 10kr per 15 minutes as they had don't work for at least 24 hours.
3. The Defendant did see a price sheet beforehand.
4. The Defendant abruptly closed the ticket without stating they wanted to end services/business relations with the Plaintiff.

Defendant:
The Defendant rebuts the Plaintiff's arguments for the following reasons:
1. The work was never agreed on. In other words, a legally binding agreement/contract was never formed between both parties.
2. There was never a moment when a price was negotiated between both parties.
3. The work done never exceed 24 hours due to timezones and not constantly working.

Verdict:
So this case deals with two different laws, in my opinion. On the one hand, it deals with the Minimum Wage law and whether or not the Plaintiff worked long enough to meet the requirements and receive a minimum wage. Now the law states the following, "This [Minimum Wage] does not apply when; A player is hired to do short-term work that intends to, or does, last less than 24 hours." The key part of this line is the "intends to". That essentially is saying that the work does not necessarily have to be less than 24 hours, but if it intends to or occasionally is less than 24 hours, it still counts. So let's break it down to what the work intends to last and what the work did last. In this particular case, the work tends to last 0-2 business days, it states this on the pricing list. So it could be argued either way that it tends to last less than and more than 24 hours. When it comes to how long this particular service did last, the ticket would appear to be over 24 hours by a few hours (around 10ish). The ticket started at 3:25 AM and was closed at 1:51 PM the next day. However, the bill does not discuss the ticket length or length of communication between parties; the bill discusses the time in which actual work was done. The problem is that it is very unclear and very difficult to figure out how long the Plaintiff actually worked on the logos. The Defense made a point stating that because of the quality, they can't have spent much time on it. However, that is a very baseless argument if you ask me. What didn't help the Plaintiff's case was the little to no counter-argument or proof that somehow shows the Plaintiff truly spent 24 hours on this project. For that reason, I am left with little choice but to side with the Defense in this aspect. Without knowing how much time was truly spent on the project, without evidence to help back up any claims, it is very hard for me to make a call there. Additionally, that is something that would really be the Plaintiff's burden to prove, which they have failed to do so. So let this be known for the future. Keep track of how much time you spend on inquiries. I know of a few companies who ask employees to clock in when they work, or in other words, time themselves. That I believe could solve a few issues. Also, understand this is not the fault of the law but more of an extra step to ensure that the law is properly adhered to.

That is not the end though. The other aspect of this case revolves around the CLF Act (Contract Law Foundation Act). This aspect debates whether or not an actual contract/agreement was made to begin with. In other words, let's say the Plaintiff did work for 24 hours and was eligible to receive minimum wage. If a contract, in some form, was not made between both parties, then no actual employment happened. Therefore, even though the Minimum Wage requirement is met, the "employer" would not be required to compensate the "employee." Although if the minimum wage requirement is met, for most situations, there probably was some form of a contract established. Nonetheless, let's look at this situation. For a contract/agreement to be legally binding it must meet the following criteria, offer, acceptance, consideration, capacity, legality, legal intent, and format. To save time and everyone's boredom, I will focus on the most important one, in this case, acceptance. I also believe that it is relatively clear to see that the other criteria were met, which I can elaborate on for anyone who wishes to discuss this more.
Acceptance is a statement of willingness to enter into a contract offered. It is also described as, "essentially saying yes to the offer," in the CLF Act. Now, although the Defendant never said yes to any offer, they continued relations after understanding the offer, which is that they would pay for a logo or logos. I think it is fair to say, that if the Defendant had been given a logo of their liking, they would have paid. One will argue perhaps that since they were not given a logo of their liking, that could fall under the mirror image rule (an offer must be accepted with no modifications). That however asserts the idea that the offer was for the Defendant to get a logo of their liking. The offer, as I see it, was that they were to be given a logo. This then means that whether or not they like that logo, as long as they are given a logo they must compensate accordingly. Therefore, I do believe an agreement/contract was established; however, let it be known that contracts should still be written out. It is much more easy to see the above criteria in a written contract than through verbal communication. Write Contracts For Everything!!

So, to clarify all of this. I will be ruling in favor of the Plaintiff as a contract was established and they should have been paid. However, I will not be rewarding any relief as I can not clarify whether or not the Plaintiff actually worked over 24 hours.

That was a lot and I hope everything came across clear. If not, please reach out and speak with me about anything discussed in this verdict. I'd be more than happy to talk about it.

I once again wish to thank both parties for their time and work in the courtroom.
That is all,
Case Adjourned.

Status
Not open for further replies.