Answered / Added Better Cure for Whooping Cough

Danielw_

Citizen
Donator
- Username: Danielw_
- Suggestion Title: Better Cure for Whooping Cough
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):
To my knowledge, you can get the Whooping Cough disease from just being in the desert. I've been on this server for about two weeks and I have already contracted it three times, because I decided to set up a mining base that happened to be under a desert. While it has been annoying, it seems illogical that this disease's only cure is medication at the hospital, meaning one has to go repeatedly if he or she wants to do something in the desert.

This also eliminates the possibility of a city/town ever existing in the desert, because its residents would have to keep getting the medication for it. This does not resemble real roleplay, because our actual world consists of dozens of major cities located in the middle of deserts, and we do not see those residents all contracting whooping cough, regularly.

Would it be possible to modify this disease so that something, other than staying out of the desert, could prevent this disease? I was thinking maybe wearing armor could prevent the "spread of bacteria of the Whooping Cough?"

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):
No, possibly just the modification of one.
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:
If all else, it would be great if the Whooping Cough medicine could at least be available in the pharmacy, so that it is made available when doctors are not on.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
As you obtain whooping cough, you slowly get better immunity to it I believe.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
The immunity is slight but still there - it's like irl, ya get the flu weekly but technically still getting immune.

olefante

Capitalist/Economist
Donator
The DoH has access to vaccinations and eggwater but there spread was stopped due to little people obtaining diseases. And eggwater was handed in experiments but they are no longer commencing.