Lawsuit: Adjourned Blacksyth v. Dwerpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree60NoScope

Citizen
Donator
Your Honor, I request an of 24 hours to make my response. I was working on my closing statement however health issues prevent me from finishing.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Response of the Court
Case Analysis:
The plaintiff, BlackSyth (represented by Matthew100x), has brought the defendant, Dwerpy (represented by Tree60NoScope), into court in order to settle a monetary dispute within their contract regarding the construction of BlackSyth's mansion.

Conclusion:
The defendant, Dwerpy, is in breach of contract. In the evidence presented, it is shown that Dwerpy promised he would finish the mansion after his break, however, there is reasonable doubt that Dwerpy would be unavailable to do that, telling BlackSyth's representative (and at the time Dwerpy was aware that Matthew100x was BlackSyth's representative) in Court that he couldn't launch a lawsuit "on a player that had quit". Through his most recent statement at the time of the lawsuit's creation, Dwerpy claimed he was quitting and therefore would not be able to preform his part of the contract. As this painted the image that Dwerpy was quitting as opposed to taking a break, he can be found in anticipatory breach of contract. Moreover, Dwerpy's compliance to pay back 10,000 krunas displays that he showed a willing intent to dissolve the contract, like BlackSyth had. Through this payment, the contract was dissolved.

Verdict:
As reigning judge, I find the Defendant, Dwerpy, has preformed an anticipatory breach of contract. In accordance with the Plaintiff's wishes, I am ordering that the property CMM-23 be surrendered from Dwerpy to BlackSyth. If this is unable to occur, the Department of Justice may seize additional collateral from Dwerpy in order to repay what has been left. If the 10,000 krunas that Dwerpy had mentioned he would pay to BlackSyth have not already been paid prior to this lawsuit, I am also ordering that those 10,000 krunas will be paid to BlackSyth from Dwerpy's balance.

The court is now adjourned.

Court Adjourned

This case was presided by Judge SpriteTropical

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.