Answered / Added Change in PI Protocol

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
- Username: A1phaSniper
- Suggestion Title: Change in Property Inspector Protocol
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): As of now, Property inspectors create harsh eviction requests and adding nothing after that. I suggest we have Property Inspectors elaborate on why they think a build isn't good. Possibly even give tips to the owner on how they could possibly improve their build.
- Additional Information: N/A

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
I don't believe we do. Many of the eyesores are people who are rather inactive, therefore it's slightly hard to give them advice on how to fix it when they won't get online to fix it.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
I believe he means for people who are active.
But still, we for the most part don't resort to harsh measures. We typically approach the owner of the plot and ask them to fix up the plot some, and offer advice if needed. If they don't, we report it.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
Still, I've seen many reports against active people and the only reason you are reporting them is that it's an "eyesore". I am just asking that you put out a couple sentences explaining why it's not good. So the builder will have the reasons written down and easy to find. I am not asking the world of you guys.

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Still, I've seen many reports against active people and the only reason you are reporting them is that it's an "eyesore". I am just asking that you put out a couple sentences explaining why it's not good. So the builder will have the reasons written down and easy to find. I am not asking the world of you guys.
But do said eyesores (take my report on BC-120) really need explaining?

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
But do said eyesores (take my report on BC-120) really need explaining?
Yeah. All you have said is that it's an eyesore. Why is it not good? Why did you call it a "Big boy eyesore"? Also, why do you care? Are you scared that you will have to do a little bit more work?

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
Yeah. All you have said is that it's an eyesore. Why is it not good? Why did you call it a "Big boy eyesore"? Also, why do you care? Are you scared that you will have to do a little bit more work?

Please explain what you mean by "a little bit more work"

Sprite

Citizen
Donator
Exactly. It's an eyesore. A blatant eyesore.

I'm not fighting work, I'm simply fighting off your misconception that we're harsh. Many of the eyesores we report do not need explaining.

Take BC-120-- It doesn't take too much thinking to figure out that an unfinished box made out of orange terracotta and wood is an eyesore.

Last edited:

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): As of now, Property inspectors create harsh eviction requests and adding nothing after that. I suggest we have Property Inspectors elaborate on why they think a build isn't good. Possibly even give tips to the owner on how they could possibly improve their build.

I'll bring it up to Parliament. Don't get your hopes up. It's not that big of a deal as they dont blatantly put out rude statements, however I will entertain the idea.

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
katt_tail: simple solution is talking to ferre and getting him to discuss having no extra comments or if they want to give advice they can but I agree that harsh comments should stop being made

Bangladesh150

Citizen
Donator
I'm sure after Kat has gotten a hold of Ferre, one of them will tell you about how to improve your reasoning. Don't take it personally.

Kat

flower girl
Donator
I can agree with A1pha, on some of the reports I have read some comments made by our PI's have not been professional but I don't agree that they should have to give advice (^@sparkleA made this point) as their only job is to report and the staff handling the reports work together to determine if the reports are valid. I will talk to the Minister of Commerce and Education about working on a protocol that makes the reports more professional. PI's are not here to give opinions just make reports if they do feel something is an eyesore they should report it as an eyesore and nothing else.

ferre007_

Citizen
The DoCE will be looking into this.