Answered / Added Clocking in/out

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
I was on the server and got paid. This lead me to think, "why am I getting paid for not doing anything?" (cause there is nothing I can do for my job at the time) The governments' money is being thrown away basically and they aren't getting anything in return. I suggest there is a clock in/out system. I suggest it would work something like (when you are doing your job) you do /clock in or something and when you are done you do /clock out. There could also be a command, which would allow the player to collect their time that happened and they weren't able to use the other commands. This suggestion is a little rough, but it is just an idea. It would need to be improved and finalized if it is approved. Please let me know if you have ANY questions!

Last edited:

sparkleA

Citizen
Sadly, I think many players would abuse this system. Since with many government jobs (e.g. tour guide) there job isn't measurable like this. So many players would just /clock in immediately and never /clock out until they left.

Jmarti07

Citizen
Donator
Sadly, I think many players would abuse this system. Since with many government jobs (e.g. tour guide) there job isn't measurable like this. So many players would just /clock in immediately and never /clock out until they left.
I should've mentioned this, but I was mentioning the government jobs that can only be attained by applying on the forums.

sparkleA

Citizen
True, although as, say a Comm. Coordinator (not so subtly advertising the DoPA) was to use this command. They will do some of their work on the forums, discord, or just when they are offline, so even though plenty of it is in game, they can be working out of game. Also, they could still /clock in and staff would have to go to them if there was a staff member online to check to see if they were working, which can be a pain. I like this in theory, but I think in practice it would be hard to regulate and punish the more honest players.