Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Hello.

My name is Vroomba.

I have recently been working on players' company issues (and also my own company) and realized how hard it was to communicate with workers. Now, like most companies, we've established a discord to get things going but switching windows in-game leads to even more confusion, and it's not very enjoyable to work around with, especially when you have all your workers squirming for help and needs to communicate but you can't handle them all at once, or communicate very quickly.

Local chat is also a solution, and so is /message, but local chat gets hard to see with its light gray color, people nearby can hear you when you don't want them to if it's confidential information you only want company workers to hear. In addition, /message tends to get piled quickly in chat if there are 20+ players (same as local), and you can only message one person at a time.

I have a new solution. Some people in the #political-discussion have claimed that this would be like marriage, but I tend to disagree. I propose we add Company Channels. These channels would mimic government department channels, but instead for companies. Company Owners would have permissions to remove/add people to this company channel. This channel would act like the global channel, if you are in it, everybody in the company would be able to see it however if you are not, you can't see it. This chat would be colored LIGHT PURPLE, or the &d for the essentials plugin. This addition would make chatting in companies much easier.

Implementation
When a player passes the entrepreneur exam, players would then, only if they have passed the entrepreneur qualification, have the ability to file a second application to apply for a department channel. These applications would be in the same place where the Approved Services thread is. This would be set up by the administration team for the specified company in the application. This would ultimately prevent random people who pass the entrepreneur exam to get a department channel for other uses.

i just want a company chat for my company. and for others. too.

Lemme know what you all think. I've added a poll for that. If you are interested and are a MoP (Member of Parliament), I would really be interested in taking this through. Contact me for more details.
- vroomba

Last edited:

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
Why don't you make your own discord server and add your employs so that not only do you have control of the server but you can add things that you would like for example a meme post area, music area, and many other options, instead of only having a chat.

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
That’s exactly the soul problem that I explain in my post.
Having to switch from window to window while trying to play is frustrating and really not convenient. This would make a lot of sense to add.

And I’ve created a discord server however it’s not practical as I’ve described above. It’s useful for when I’m not online in the game and I need to send long term messages or have lengthy discussions.

After all, most of the magic is spent on the server so it would make sense to have some sort of channel or even a party plugin where you can talk to your company so you can work together or even have fun with your friends.

RedFr0st

On lunch break for 2 weeks now
Donator
This won't be added due to:
  • Already existing alternatives: Creation of discord servers/group DMs, /msg, /mail, /l or /whisper.
  • Honestly, too much unnecessary work for me.
That's what I said make a discord server so that owner of the company can have full control on what happens.