CrackedAmoeba1's Election Post - June 2020

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
This is a Minecraft server. Not American politics. It seems the hatred of irl politics has made you think all elections are supposed to be this violent.

Take a step back and remember this is MINECRAFT! If you want to have a successful campaign, talk about yourself and figure out what you are going to do rather than using your campaign to bully and slander others running against you.

This is supposed to be fun. Stop acting so hateful and start acting like a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

MrSpill

your local wawa Moderator boy
Lawyer
Donator
MrSpill
MrSpill
Lawyer
PLEASE STOP the anger and the constant desire to be on top. We all use this server to escape but now I feel as though I have to escape this server. If you cannot be happy with my existence then pretend I don't exist. That's what I am told to do when you and your friend's insults and hatred get to me

If this is how you truly feel, then you know how the people you attacked first felt when you did it to them. I do not have anger towards you Cracked, but I do not feel like you belong in Parliament based on what I have seen. You put yourself in this position, people give what they get. I in no way condone bullying, and you bullied people on here and got away with it. I do not condone retaliation in response to your toxicity, but I do not control other people. This is going to be my last post on this thread. I hope you find kindness within yourself, then maybe the people you've hurt will want to make amends. Good luck

iRealistic

For Real?
Donator
If the said Wild EO is said to pass and be approved by the PM himself, do you have any other issues/concerns you would like to fight or address in your campaign post?

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
If the said Wild EO is said to pass and be approved by the PM himself, do you have any other issues/concerns you would like to fight or address in your campaign post?
Yes. Thank you for allowing me to introduce a more BC politics post rather than drama.

I would like to see stronger enforcement of the rule where Ministers need to make a decision on gov job applications. I do understand that some Ministers are VERY busy so my idea is a new set up to the gov job application set up. As it currently stands, there are 3 tags on applications. These include "pending" "approved" and "declined." A lot of applications sit at pending for far too long. I would like to implement a new tag called "reviewing." What this would is make it know to the applicant that a Minister has seen their application and is looking into where and how you would fit into the position or is very busy and will get back to them.

The way I would set it up to a legal standpoint is enforce Ministers to put an application in the "reviewing" process within 3 weeks of the applicants post. While it is in the "reviewing" process Ministers will have an additional 2 weeks to "decline" or "accept" the application. During the review process the Minister can also ask additional questions to the applicant if they are on the fence. In addition, Ministers cannot speak to an applicant about the job until it is in the "reviewing" stage, unless the applicant has a question for the Minister.

Now some may wonder why not make it 5 weeks for the entire process and why the extra tag? This system would let applicants know that they are being looked at instead of having a month of suspense and worry. The farther organization of this process would actually help Ministers by automatically monitoring shorter timelines so Ministers aren't panicking when 5 applications have been sitting for 4 weeks. Ministers are so busy sometimes an application from 3 weeks ago can slip their mind. Adding a middle stage and shortening response times will help Ministers better organize their application process. This will also better the communication between government and the public by creating more dialog. This will also force non active Ministers to be online and looking at forums more often like they should.

I am in no way calling out any specific Ministers or implying that some are inactive, it is simply an idea to help Minister while also giving comfort to those who do apply.

I will add that a 3 strike system on this would be applied. If a Minister fails to meet the timeline standards 3 times they should be subject to a VoNC or some form of punishment by way of the government.

I look forward to hearing more questions about other policies and if I would support them or not. Thank you!

Lets Put BC Back On The Rails!

Last edited:

iRealistic

For Real?
Donator
Btw I apologize for being late on this, but we don't promote personal attacks, I'm referring to the other comments in this post. This discussion is meant for asking candidates about their stances on how the government is running and what they want to accomplish. Keep unnecessary comments out of this please and thank you.

MsGeorgia

Department of Internal Development
Department of Internal Development
Donator
MsGeorgia
MsGeorgia
Ranger
will add that a 3 strike system on this would be applied. If a Minister fails to meet the timeline standards 3 times they should be subject to a VoNC or some form of punishment by way of the government.
Hi! I have a few questions about this system you are proposing. While I agree that some ministers aren't super fast at responding to applications, I also know that people have lives outside of the game. Don't you think it is a little harsh to give them only three chances? Many people in the gov are high school and college students who get busy with school and/or work. I understand that applicants get worried and stuff but kicking ministers out of office because they are busy doesn't seem fair to me. That may just be me but I would rather see a system that helps ministers instead of criticizes them for being busy IRL. Or even implement a certain position that can handle things like that. I just, personally, don't think this would be the way to go. Would you be open to changing how this would work if you were to get into office?

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
Hi! I have a few questions about this system you are proposing. While I agree that some ministers aren't super fast at responding to applications, I also know that people have lives outside of the game. Don't you think it is a little harsh to give them only three chances? Many people in the gov are high school and college students who get busy with school and/or work. I understand that applicants get worried and stuff but kicking ministers out of office because they are busy doesn't seem fair to me. That may just be me but I would rather see a system that helps ministers instead of criticizes them for being busy IRL. Or even implement a certain position that can handle things like that. I just, personally, don't think this would be the way to go. Would you be open to changing how this would work if you were to get into office?
Thank you for voicing your concerns. I am very flexible with the time frame. But accepting their role as minister implies they have the time to be in this position in the first place. That is why I want to add a stage. The current system actually requires Ministers to make a decision within 4 weeks. This system actually adds an additional week. So Ministers are actually given MORE time to decline and accept. What this does is forces some sort of indication that an application has been received and is being reviewed.

If a Minister cannot even visit forums 5 out of 7 days of the week then they should not be a Minister. There are players who would also be fit to serve as Ministers who do have the time of day. This proposal is fair to Ministers and brings better communication to the public from their gov.

Last edited:

ReaperEduardo

Citizen
Donator
''if a Minister cannot even visit forums 5 out of 7 days of the week then they should not be a Minister. There are players who would also be fit to serve as Ministers who do have the time of day. This proposal is fair to Ministers and brings better communication to the public from their gov.''
[/QUOTE]

wouldn't say that minister unable reply on the forum about 5-7 days shouldn't get removed because they have irl issue would be in this case would have to notice them if busy in advance time and cautions step for ministers but don't thing shouldn't be that way how minister get removed so easy just be busy

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
Visiting and replying to forums are completely different. They have 3 weeks to put an application in the review stage. Then an additional 2 weeks to make a final decision. This gives ministers 5 weeks to fully accept or decline an application while also ensuring the applicant knows they are being considered. The current rule is 4 weeks. This would make it 5 so there's more time to respond and there is better enforcement of this rule.

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
If a Minister cannot even visit forums 5 out of 7 days of the week then they should not be a Minister. There are players who would also be fit to serve as Ministers who do have the time of day. This proposal is fair to Ministers and brings better communication to the public from their gov.

What if they had an irl issue they needed to deal with and couldn't make it in time? Three applications can happen around the same time, and thus three strikes would be dealt. I don't quite believe that as fair. These people have a life too, and need to prioritize that over BC life, as irl takes precedence. I do see slowed responses to peoples applications, but do you realize that with IRL, overviewing an application may take a while.

While I agree with some of this idea, it seems a bit cruel to overlook that they possibly may have emergencies. How would you address that issue with it?

Ty for your time and Gl~

~Fern

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
What if they had an irl issue they needed to deal with and couldn't make it in time? Three applications can happen around the same time, and thus three strikes would be dealt. I don't quite believe that as fair. These people have a life too, and need to prioritize that over BC life, as irl takes precedence. I do see slowed responses to peoples applications, but do you realize that with IRL, overviewing an application may take a while.

While I agree with some of this idea, it seems a bit cruel to overlook that they possibly may have emergencies. How would you address that issue with it?

Ty for your time and Gl~

~Fern
I agree that IRL is way more important than a game. We can maybe introduce a minister assistant. This assistant can help ministers review their applicants and basically do anything the minister can in terms of running a department of the government.

Another idea would be to take out the 3 strike system. The main focus of this is more communication between government and the public. The main parts of this I want to see is the reviewing tab and allowing 5 weeks for an official decision. But Ministers should still be accountable for their department. 5 weeks is a long time to be gone.

If a Minister has an irl matter that will take longer than a week there should be something added so they do not get a strike for making an applicant wait past the deadline. A Minister should make it known to other Ministers, the PM, and the President that they are dealing with an irl matter and cannot respond to gov applications.

That way Ministers are still held accountable in doing their jobs and won't get a strike for an irl affair.