Answered / Added Create a DoEH

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
I know that most of my suggestions are always a bit big and people are like, “Ummmmmmm, no.” But here we go again!

Department of Education and History

Deals with Universities, Museums, Tracking History, create a History Library, Buildings Historical Status, and Keeping up with forums.

Universities- The DoEH would work with other Departments to create or edit jobs exams, they would help other cities or towns who desire, to create Universities, and would help other departments create new jobs.

Museum- They would take over DoPA’s restoration of the museum and having people volunteer up thing but would also track down and find things that belong in the museum.

Tracking History- They would continue my search into the history of BC and would at some point publish a or several government approved (aka Koal approved) history books.

Buildings Historical Status- They would take over and determine if a building really is a historical building or if it is just an old building.

Keeping up with Forums- On the behalf of other departments, mods, and admins, they would deal with applications, reports, laws, policies, guides, etc.
*KailaBeann’s idea*

This department would in a large part work with other departments for education and jobs. This job would contain a bit of work considering you would continually finding history, tracking down players, talking to other departments, making sure there are no new jobs that need to be created.
*Edit* I removed the teacher but would like to add Secretary and Senior Manager. The department would be more focused on the tracking and taking care of forums/history.

The jobs for this department could consist of:

Senior Manager- They would over see the other people but would also answer and/or accept or deny applications, reports, laws, policies, guides, etc. They would do this on the behalf of the minister, mods, or admins.

Historian- Would track down history from players that would be important to BC history such as Players, dates, and cities and towns. They would help maintain and update the museum.

Secretary- They would have a secretary from each Department to help organize and keep track of the applications, reports, laws, policies, guides, etc. *This job and idea is Kailabeann’s, adding it because I believe it fits the mold.*

Librarian- They would track down old books and news papers that would be useful to BC history and would help organize the History Library.

Well, I hope that y’all like my idea. I’m am most definitely open to suggestions. I know there are still holes and stuff like pay and things of that sort but I figured @Koalition would deal with that.
BlackSyth

Ps. If this becomes a thing, @Koalition should make me the minister lowkey

Last edited:

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
I LOVE this idea, ngl~ Keeping track of the history of BC and education people on jobs would be an epic addition to the server, and if this came into reality I would definitely want to be a part of it. A few minor questions, however.

What kind of things would teachers teach, like showing people how to do aqua jobs? Or Exam jobs? How would this relate to the other Ministers and departments if it is Aqua jobs, and how would you request a teacher? Would this interfere with exam question answers laws?

Where are you planning on having the history library?

Small suggestion for librarians - Maybe have them help with the CURRENT library as well, not just historically, as currently our library on BC is fairly dead. Perhaps the history library could be on the second floor of the current library building?

How would you suggest the library be reorganized? Would they have access to the whole of the library region? I feel like this would REALLY help bring life back to the library and give TG's more of a reason to take people there. Would they also help writers by showing them how to get there and where to put there books on a more specific level, or would that just be up to the player 100%. Would they advertise the library periodically?

Possibly another job idea would be for revamping historical buildings? Not sure on that one, but just figured I'd throw it out there ;)

This idea truly peaks my interest, feel free to nit-pick at any of my comments lol

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
What kind of things would teachers teach, like showing people how to do aqua jobs? Or Exam jobs? How would this relate to the other Ministers and departments if it is Aqua jobs, and how would you request a teacher? Would this interfere with exam question answers laws?

The teachers job would only be a job if we could get jobs that are more in depth than exam jobs. That’s part of the reason I threw out Lawyer into the question cause I truly believe this would add some fun to our court system. But that’s besides the point, we would need more of those types of jobs. The teachers would also help create exams for certain jobs excluding special one under Departments and help switching up the questions more often so it’s not so easy to cheat on the test. The teacher would have to be approved by the other ministers that the job is under since it’s their department that the teacher would be there for.

Also, I have not idea at the moment on the historical library just yet, but I like the idea of revamping the Library and putting it on the second floor.

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
ngl, it sounds like merging the DoPA and the DoE

It kind of does, but all-in-all I doubt that most of the DoPA focus on the history of BC, as they are more forwards-facing (Don't hurt me Marty, I love the museum updaTE! :D) and currently more event-oriented. (Lmk if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% certain of what the DoPA is currently doing history-wise aside from the museum gathering new items ;) )

Not certain on how this affects the DoE, but I'm sure there'd be a way to differentiate it from both of these departments while still retaining some aspects of it. If this idea doesn't turn out though, I still think it has some good points for maybe the DoPA and DoE to look towards possibly doing in the future >.>

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
This might sorta be a leap out here but I think it would be cool if there were some RP classes about BC history and stuff too.. like have a member of a department or a TG or something talk like 5-6 players through a bunch of plug-ins and stuff... this would be a very helpful class for both old and new players and it lowkey takes the university to the next level by actually having CLASSES you can take and not just exams... this would also rake in the cash for the ppls that do the classes as each student pays a fee of like 100 kr for the class (half of which is for gov and half of which is for the teacher, generating like 300 kr per 20-30 min class), and possibly also have a librarian or gov-comissioned writer working on some Textbooks for said classes, which would get even more monies. as each player starts with 600 kr, this would def be doable if the TGs make sure to tell the players about the class sometime during the tour... ngl just throwing some Ideas out here to make the university (in my opinion) cooler... this prob isn't doable but seriously, the possibilites this opens up (tutoring, rival schools using the gov textbooks, School-based Sports teams, high school and college campuses where you can rent space in a dorm LOCKERS (thats a big thing for me since I'm homeschooled) and all sorts of awesome junk, not to mention getting people much better acquanted with the rules, laws, and plugins to make a better player base) are basically endless and I'm totally freaking out just thinking about it.

thats just my two bits, great suggestion black!!!

BlogWorldExpo

Former Server Photographer
Banned
Donator
It kind of does, but all-in-all I doubt that most of the DoPA focus on the history of BC, as they are more forwards-facing (Don't hurt me Marty, I love the museum updaTE! :D) and currently more event-oriented. (Lmk if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% certain of what the DoPA is currently doing history-wise aside from the museum gathering new items ;) )

Not certain on how this affects the DoE, but I'm sure there'd be a way to differentiate it from both of these departments while still retaining some aspects of it. If this idea doesn't turn out though, I still think it has some good points for maybe the DoPA and DoE to look towards possibly doing in the future >.>

DoPA is working on getting to work on other things besides from being event oriented. The Museum Update is only step 1 of completing that goal, we are dding more jobs to DoPA as we handle elections, approval ratings, social media, events, PR for the server itself, museum related stuff, and many other things. Over all, DoEH would take away jobs from DoC, DoE, and DoPA, if departments have more work to do. They will employ more people into their departments, the museum project has only been a thing for a week now. We are always welcoming help from the community so we can update the museum more consistently instead of every 3 months. Currently we are working on getting in-game items for the museum building itself along with creating a few new jobs within DoPA, more details coming soon sksksk.

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
I LOVE this idea, ngl~ Keeping track of the history of BC and education people on jobs would be an epic addition to the server, and if this came into reality I would definitely want to be a part of it. A few minor questions, however.

Small suggestion for librarians - Maybe have them help with the CURRENT library as well, not just historically, as currently our library on BC is fairly dead. Perhaps the history library could be on the second floor of the current library building?

How would you suggest the library be reorganized? Would they have access to the whole of the library region? I feel like this would REALLY help bring life back to the library and give TG's more of a reason to take people there. Would they also help writers by showing them how to get there and where to put there books on a more specific level, or would that just be up to the player 100%. Would they advertise the library periodically?

Possibly another job idea would be for revamping historical buildings? Not sure on that one, but just figured I'd throw it out there ;)

This idea truly peaks my interest, feel free to nit-pick at any of my comments lol
I totally agree with everything fern stated above - I love the idea of this department, but as someone who would apply to join this dept in a heartbeat, why would you make me chose between librarian and historian :(((

I think even though its alot of work, some players such as myself might enjoy the work they do much more if those two jobs were merged.

However, as far as handling exams and applications go, I kinda disagree with that. No single department can know all the needs and traits that departments take into consideration when somebody applies for a position. In addition, if they are in charge of taking care of applications, it may create a bit of distrust between the ministers/former employees of x department and the new employee who just got accepted.

Last edited:

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
However, as far as handling exams and applications go, I kinda disagree with that. No single department can know all the needs and traits that departments take into consideration when somebody applies for a position. In addition, if they are in charge of taking care of applications, it may create a bit of distrust between the ministers/former employees of x department and the new employee who just got accepted.

I actually agree with this, while it might be good for teaching new jobs (If they get added) the current aqua jobs already come with training from senior members of the Department or the minister themselves. For teaching Lawyers/other jobs that may be added in the future for this department specifically, then it would be as other aqua jobs, and be taught by the minister of the department it is under. (Lawyers would prolly be under the DoJ or even a private thing, not under any department)

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
DoPA is working on getting to work on other things besides from being event oriented. The Museum Update is only step 1 of completing that goal, we are dding more jobs to DoPA as we handle elections, approval ratings, social media, events, PR for the server itself, museum related stuff, and many other things. Over all, DoEH would take away jobs from DoC, DoE, and DoPA, if departments have more work to do. They will employ more people into their departments, the museum project has only been a thing for a week now. We are always welcoming help from the community so we can update the museum more consistently instead of every 3 months. Currently we are working on getting in-game items for the museum building itself along with creating a few new jobs within DoPA, more details coming soon sksksk.

EEE Marty I'm excited about this~ Looking forwards to seeing what happens next o.O

Although.. if this thing never happens maybe add a Librarian Job/historian to one of the departments, because as previously stated the library is very dead atm and if we could raise it back from the dead metaphorically speaking, that would be amazing for writers and whatnot >.> Only a suggestion ;)) (I'd lowkey be the first to apply for any job like that lol)

BlogWorldExpo

Banned
Donator
EEE Marty I'm excited about this~ Looking forwards to seeing what happens next o.O

Although.. if this thing never happens maybe add a Librarian Job/historian to one of the departments, because as previously stated the library is very dead atm and if we could raise it back from the dead metaphorically speaking, that would be amazing for writers and whatnot >.> Only a suggestion ;)) (I'd lowkey be the first to apply for any job like that lol)

Librarian would fall under DoE or DoPA since DoPA handles the libary/newstand. Or we can rename DoPA so it reflects it's name to what it handles- :eyes:

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator
Librarian would fall under DoE or DoPA since DoPA handles the libary/newstand. Or we can rename DoPA so it reflects it's name to what it handles- :eyes:

>.> Renaming and job adding~~ Big changes Marty ;)) and if DoPA does get a librarian job, then :> Awesome XD

BlackSyth

A Used To Be Fun Member
Donator
I totally agree with everything fern stated above - I love the idea of this department, but as someone who would apply to join this dept in a heartbeat, why would you make me chose between librarian and historian :(((

I think even though its alot of work, some players such as myself might enjoy the work they do much more if those two jobs were merged.

Ye, I just thought it was a good idea that Kaila had so I added it. I just honestly think that to add this to DoPA would be a lot for them to handle

kailabeann

Citizen
Donator
I just thought it was a good idea that Kaila had so I added it.
As a follow up to this thread, I explained in Discord how my idea for a Department of Records was slightly different than blacksyth's idea. The DoR would focus on the organization, standardization, and collecting any information each other department needs to keep track of. It was less about education and more about aggregation and oversight of data. Things like reports, applications, meeting notes, project management, employee paperwork, etc.

Regardless, there has been strong support within Cabinet for this idea and I'll be working on a proposal with Vroomba to create a Department of Records.

BlogWorldExpo

Banned
Donator
As a follow up to this thread, I explained in Discord how my idea for a Department of Records was slightly different than blacksyth's idea. The DoR would focus on the organization, standardization, and collecting any information each other department needs to keep track of. It was less about education and more about aggregation and oversight of data. Things like reports, applications, meeting notes, project management, employee paperwork, etc.

Regardless, there has been strong support within Cabinet for this idea and I'll be working on a proposal with Vroomba to create a Department of Records.

I can't wait to see this happen! :D

Ferngrove2004

The Turtle Master
Donator

SaME thO I wanna seee this :D