• Total voters

Jagaeg

Citizen
Donator
Title: Deduction of making city

Type of motion (Edit, removal, creation):Edit

Elaboration & Reasoning:
Deduction of city price from 30000 Krunas to 15000 Krunas
It will allow citizens to have chance to creating city and achieving their dream.

What would benefit from this: Server, Players in Server

Other Information:

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
This would make the idea of creating a town more achievable. In the 5+ months we've had town creation laws (I dunno when they were added), there's not been a single town even near opening. The only one I can think of that's almost to the point we could start considering them is Vanican City.
This wouldn't exactly make it easy to make a town, either, as your town still has a long list of requirements, including good-lookingness, government buildings, etc.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
Call me crazy but I've rethought my opinion on this...

15,000 divided by 5 = 5,000, someone could have a 5,000 block town. That sounds like a lot, but if you look at how big it is on a Minecraft map it's actually quite small. Maybe there's a better way to help new towns with the expense in claiming.

MariChally

Citizen
Donator
I think the requirements as they are now should stay at least until it actually becomes possible to open a city officially. As the airport isn't working yet there is no way for a town to become official yet anyway.
I agree with Slime, the area of around 5000 blocks is already quite small, making that even smaller wouldn't really help ensure that the cities that are created look good. A proper airport would already take up half of those blocks. If 15000 worth of blocks was enough players would build things very small just so they can get the city cheap. We would end up with small towns instead of modern, good looking cities.
I don't think it is too difficult to create a city at the moment, it just isn't possible yet so it hasn't been done. Once the first cities are made official people will want to make their own and work towards it. The rather high price and requirements will encourage them to work on it in a group, which will lead to fewer, bigger cities and prevent tons of small towns with only the mayor and a few others living in it.

_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
I feel as though we should remove the requirement to have an airport. It's unnecessary to have it as a requirement given the fact that we don't even have a working airport yet. I think the price for a city is good the way it is but an airport being a requirement should be removed until we have an actual airport working. And when an airport is added just require towns to build one.

SlimeEmperor

Mayor of Covington
Donator
I feel as though we should remove the requirement to have an airport. It's unnecessary to have it as a requirement given the fact that we don't even have a working airport yet. I think the price for a city is good the way it is but an airport being a requirement should be removed until we have an actual airport working. And when an airport is added just require towns to build one.
Yeah. As long as there is another way of travel to your town, ex: a playerbuilt highway. our town is on an island so we NEED an airport.

anyways make a new motion if you'd like to continue discussion on this topic :D