Answered / Added Districts/zoning

Block86

Citizen
- Username: Block86
- Suggestion Title: Districts
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): I suggest that certain shopping, residential and business districts should be designated within the capital city. When someone buys land in one of these districts, if the player’s building’s purpose matched the district (ie a shop in a shopping district) they could get a rebate on the price of the plot after the building was built and proven that it matched the district. This would allow for dense shopping districts to form, keeping the idea of the mall, but now funneling the rent money back into the economy as the shops other players rented would be player owned and not gov owned. For businesses looking for an office, the districts would allow for them to have an easier time finding an office to rent and the same thing would go for residential districts. This would also push players into different areas around the city and make the city more navigable
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No):no
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: I don’t know if this had already been suggested or considered but I think it could help. :)

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea as someone who get lost it would help so much. My only concern is if you are moving everything. That would be a major challenge if it went that way. I can see expansions based around this idea for sure.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
This would be great, but we're gonna need a more clear definition of what each building is designated as. I know there are a lot of skyscrapers that host the main three (shops, offices, and apartments). How would that work in regard to zoning and such?

Block86

Citizen
This would be great, but we're gonna need a more clear definition of what each building is designated as. I know there are a lot of skyscrapers that host the main three (shops, offices, and apartments). How would that work in regard to zoning and such?
The building could be designated by the purpose of the majority of rental units in it.(if there are 5 offices and 4 apartments, it'd be an office building.)