Answered / Added DOT (Department of Transportation)

Do you like this idea

• Total voters

TBIWOG

Citizen
Banned
TJUN123
TJUN123
EventPlanner
This is a request to add a Department of Transportation to the server, my request is that players can go to bus stops, click and sign and bus drivers use a command, drive there with a bus and ask them which route they would like to go on. This would add more touch to the server as it would be cool having a bus with a group of 3-4 friends in it, it would also add a new Department which a minister would be appointed to, This will also add new vehicles buses! and add a bus driver exam. The other side of this job is pilots basically the same thing but they fly the plugins planes instead of cars. I think this would be fun.

Napugi

Citizen
Hmm this would just make transportation take a lot longer tbh, I do think we should add the DOT to work on improving transportation but im not quite sure if I agree on the new jobs idea tbh

ShadowLink17

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
ShadowLink17
ShadowLink17
Lawyer
I agree with Napugi. The idea of a new department sounds good but I don't like the new job ideas. I probably wouldn't trust anyone to fly me to a place in a reasonable amount of time.

Neil

Citizen
Donator
I like it. It doesn't make sense to be able to travel half a mile across the city by pressing a button and teleporting three seconds later, this changes that and makes traveling more realistic. I agree with Tree, the Minister without Portfolio should step up to Minister of Transportation if this is added. I don't know how hard it would be to implement buses, however, if lambos were implemented I assume that buses can. This could add new jobs as tbi said like bus driver. I think that if this is added they should also add commercial planes ( I think that was previously mentioned ) and maybe a taxi car as well that only taxi drivers can get.

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
I love this idea. Having a department like this can bring more focus to transportation and take some weight off staff. This department can handle new bus routes and expand the network. Like adding smaller commuter bus route in different sections of capital. This will also help bring more players to different areas outside of the central capital with more ease. Maybe plot owners can also request "Shuttle Locations." These can be temporary routes from either spawn or the bus hub or airports to a specific plot that is hosting a server event. Players could pay 5kr for a shuttle bus to the event.

CrackedAmoeba

Citizen
Banned
Although I disagree with the new bus and job idea. Just make the department handle transport fixes and approving airport builds from new cities and handle transport glitches

SpaceSlayer_

Space
Staff member
Minister of Justice
Department of Internal Development
Department of Justice
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
SpaceSlayer_
SpaceSlayer_
Justice Minister
i agree, this should be added!

SpaceSlayer_

Space
Staff member
Minister of Justice
Department of Internal Development
Department of Justice
Department of Health
Department of Public Affairs
Donator
SpaceSlayer_
SpaceSlayer_
Justice Minister
I agree with Napugi. The idea of a new department sounds good but I don't like the new job ideas. I probably wouldn't trust anyone to fly me to a place in a reasonable amount of time.
true :> i might die R.I.P 2018-2020

catfriedrice

Citizen
When I made the roadstuff suggestion (https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/road-stuff.7248/ curse it's a mod, i would have loved to seen it used :/) I mentioned we needed someone to update the signs, highways, etc. While I don't think a DOT would be fully needed, I would like to see a transportation superintendent option and have someone responsible for updating signs, billboards, freeways, freeway extensions,.highway edgings, barriers, etc.