Answered / Added Hub transportation

BlogWorldExpo

Former Server Photographer
Banned
Donator
- Username: BlogWorldExpo
- Suggestion Title: Hub Transportation Issues...
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.):

So I've seen an awful amount of new players being confused about the transportation, it would be better to just use command blocks and set a tp location that's simple to them yet fast. This would be placed next to or near the info booth for each city and town, it'll help with player retention as well.

- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): Maybe
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information:

Ambre

Citizen
Donator
Yeeee I agree, it’s WAY to confusing for all new players, we have seen too many questions. Also is 3 modes of transport necessary? E.g. train AND bus?

KikoWiko

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
Kikochu
Kikochu
SocialAdvisor
should also be free to warp

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
should also be free to warp
Thats a bit much... access to ANY city for FREE? Also, I think having the three options is nice that you can pick how fast your transportation is, although the change between might be a tad drastic for such a small time decrease? Maybe 1 min bus, 30 seconds train, and 5 seconds plane? that gives people more of a reason to splurge on planes and trains, or at least more value for their money.

BlogWorldExpo

Banned
Donator
Thats a bit much... access to ANY city for FREE? Also, I think having the three options is nice that you can pick how fast your transportation is, although the change between might be a tad drastic for such a small time decrease? Maybe 1 min bus, 30 seconds train, and 5 seconds plane? that gives people more of a reason to splurge on planes and trains, or at least more value for their money.

I do agree that city/town transportation should not be free but we're basically charging new players to play on the server in a confusing hub. If we want to keep BC afloat for more years to come, we need to improve the hub in terms of transportation (because who would want to play on a server that essentially charges you to go anywhere right off lol)

KikoWiko

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Kikochu
Kikochu
SocialAdvisor
if you can only use the hub once every 7 days it should be free

KikoWiko

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lawyer
Donator
Kikochu
Kikochu
SocialAdvisor
also it is possible to get stuck in the hub if you warp to the tutorial with no money
or your just one of the 2000 people that cant afford a ticket anyway

Last edited:

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
also it is possible to get stuck in the hub if you warp to the tutorial with no money
or your just one of the 2000 people that cant afford a ticket anyway
I edited the tutorial to return the player to the home city they chose (if unchosen, then return to the hub). Aside from that, the /warp menu is still available, as well as the wilderness warps. So no one can get "stuck" in the hub.

MrFib

Citizen
Donator
Rex makes a good point, if we make a bus ride free or something it really wouldn't lose the government much money since its only once every 7 days.
Can't someone just set a home in the hub and get free transport all the time

BlogWorldExpo

Banned
Donator
Can't someone just set a home in the hub and get free transport all the time

I have a home set in the hub just for filming purposes but besides from me, no one should be able to set a home in the hub.

also Fib go do ur hw rn smh

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
if you can only use the hub once every 7 days it should be free

Rex makes a good point, if we make a bus ride free or something it really wouldn't lose the government much money since its only once every 7 days.
Oh, only once every 7 days? Lol I didn't set my home anywhere yet <3 sorry folks

GarMen

Veteran Player
Donator

Also my meroiry might be bad but i dont belive there are any shigns that show which trasportation is the fastes or cheapest. It is normaly up to the Tour Guide to expain. But i do think have all mods of trasports helps with tours expanining each system.