_Info_

Citizen
Donator
_Info_
_Info_
Tier4
- Title: Industry Limitations Motion

- Type of motion (Edit/Removal/Creation):Creation

- Elaboration & Reasoning: The economy on the server is stagnant and players have no reason to purchase goods from other players due to the fact that it is more financially beneficial to just grow their own food, mine their own resources and build their own buildings or houses at the cost of time and effort to get the resources required. This Bill will introduce a new system to limit what players can do and actually give meaning to the jobs they select. Starting with Farmers.

Farmers will be the ONLY players allowed to have farms where they can grow crops and slaughter animals for sale at their own shops. Property inspectors and/or staff would be responsible to finding 'Illegal' Food and farms on players land or in their houses. This could change Prop. Inspectors roles from essentially a meaningless waste of money to a position which can be paid regularly as it already is, and possibly have a bonus for those who 'Bust' players for illegally housing farms. If (not when) the DOJ is started again this responsibility could be handed to the police officers due to farmed goods technically being illegal to grow and sell. Sort of like drugs but... G rated in a way.

The job of farmer would have to be a job which is limited so players don't just take it just so they can grow food and not get fined or arrested for doing such acts. 5 farm owners would be allowed, however players would be allowed to farm as long as they are on the payroll and land of a farm owner. Passing this motion would start to move the server economy in a direction away from a government centered economy towards a player centered economy which would stop government funds from being taken out of the balance like it has been for so long.

Punishment would go as follows for players found illegally farming and slaughter of animals
First offense K5 fine per block used as a farm. Includes blocks used for irrigation and vertical farms.
Second offense K10 fine per block used as a farm. Includes blocks used for irrigation and vertical farms. Land repossessed by the government. Jail for 15 mins.
All further offenses Fine Increased by K5 for each subsequent offense. Land Repossessed. Jail time increased by 10 mins for each subsequent offense

.- Other Information: Suggestions and criticism is welcome.

Edit 1: To clarify some concerns heard by players I want to make it know that this bill is not an attempt to screw over current farm owners or players. I don't want to take away peoples lively hoods here. The intent of this motion is to stimulate the economy of the server, the promise of an economy that draws in certain players simply is not there when you join and start to look into it. I am speaking with players and parliament members to find the best way for a grandfather clause to be implemented if this motion becomes a bill and is voted in. Any players who have concerns I urge you to contact me on the server or discord with questions or suggestions for this bill. My job is to represent the players and I intend to do so.

Bill Rejected

This motion has been failed to receive a passing vote and has been rejected.

Learn more about the process of legislature »

Kat

flower girl
Donator
Name: Katt
Reason you missed the vote: recently passed bill, forgot about new time limit to vote
Your vote: nay