Donator
- Username: Creepsteve05
- Suggestion Title: Let us region our own dam things
- Elaborate: Read additional info
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No
- Additional Information:

The first part of this is a rant, and the second part is how to implement it

Rant

I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets annoyed when they have to summon a staff member just to region a simple little thing when we know how to do it ourselves. I mean, why do I have to go harass someone else who's probably doing productive things like schoolwork to do something that I can do myself?? And god forbid I don't convey what I want to the staff member correctly, and they end up regioning half the bloody room into another! It don't take a genius to create regions with worldedit and add them to areashop now does it. But nooooooo I have to drag a staff member away from their schoolwork. Obviously this doesn't apply to wild regions and players who don't know how to region, and the ticket system for regioning would need to remain intact. This would only apply to subregions made inside a player's plot.

My point is, for those of us who know how to do this, we should be able to. It makes both staff and player lives' easier.

Solution

To implement this may take some work

First off, the default group will need to be given the worldedit.wand, worldedit.selection.pos, worldedit.selection.expand, worldguard.region.define, areashop.setprice.landlord, areashop.setownerrent, areashop.setlandlord, areashop.landlord.* and worldguard.region.remove permissions, being careful to not include global override.

Next, to ensure players can only edit their own regions, the priority number of the parent (city) region would need to be set to either -1 to ensure only operators and groups with override are able to edit it. Each individual child would need it's priority to be set to 10, and the default permission group would need to be given.

After that, the system would need to go through testing with select players, or hell just release it. The parent and priority formatting would forbid players from selecting on sub defined land. Players will be able to get a wand with //wand, select their desired area, define the region with /region define, add it to areashop with /as add, and set price with landlord subcommands.

Last edited:

HybridPlague

yes
Donator
HybridPlague
HybridPlague
Tier4
It would be dangerous to just let players be able to create their own regions like this. Without a hefty amount of restrictions and measures, there's no telling what some people will do. Staff are trusted and perfectly capable of regioning for others. You shouldn't be worried or feel like your bothering them if you have to ping one online, they applied for a reason.