Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Donator
Pearot
Pearot
PoliceOfficer
- Username: Pearot
- Suggestion Title: Make the bus expensiver and/or take longer
- Elaborate (Why do you think it should be added, how will it improve the server, etc.): The city bus costs one kruna to take and is instant. I'm suggesting making it a few krunas more expensive, and/or make it take a few seconds to transport the player. This would make it more realistic, as bus tickets are usually a couple of dollars and are definitely not instant. It would also increase the importance and usage of cars, bikes, planes, and submarines, which is currently sorely lacking.
- Does this require the installation of a new plugin (Yes/No): No.
- If you answered Yes on the previous question, please link the plugin (Leave blank if you answered No):
- Additional Information: Personal vehicles should be an investment, breaking even by saving money or time eventually. Currently it's not worth it at all, other than for recreational use.

Last edited:

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
I agree; I would like to append making it cost more on an exponential scale, so at some point you will be forced to buy a car (and it will make people conserve their rides) while having new players be able to afford transportation.

Ancastal

Minister of Economy
Minister of Economy
Department of Economy
Donator
Ancastal
Ancastal
Economy Minister
I support this suggestion.

It could promote role-play a lot and it would also support the markets related to buying and selling cars, bikes and other means of private transportation. This way, we could then also work on creating bus passes and other funny things that improve role-play even further.

How to:
two possible options to implement this

(a) I think we could have bus fare prices get more expensive in proportion with the player's balance, not by a lot but enough to promote the use of cars, bikes and planes, like the players are suggesting in the thread. I would do 3-4 brackets of player balance with each bracket having a higher bus ticket price.

(b) Another possibility could be that of making bus tickets free for new players and then for any other player, making the tickets more expensive the more you use it within one day. For instance, a new player with a balance under 1000kr and 1 week of /jd will never pay the bus, whereas other players will pay 1kr for the first bus in a day, 2kr for the second one and then 3 for any other ride within the same day.

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
I do and will support anything that gets me closer to having a logistics company that is actually profitable.

Pearot

Department of Justice
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Donator
Pearot
Pearot
PoliceOfficer
Expensiver :skull:
This is a forums post in relations to a minecraft server; if it's a word in urban dictionary, it's going to be good enough for this.

arwwy

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
arwwy
arwwy
CommunityCoordinator
i agree with this suggestion.

Reppal

Citizen
Banned
Donator
Reppal
Reppal
Auditor
Can we ban peach for expressing their very wrong opinion? Also how do you guys quote messages

Ryan_88

Prime Minister
Prime Minister
Minister of Health
Department of Internal Development
Department of State
Department of Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Ryan_88
Ryan_88
Prime Minister
Can we ban peach for expressing their very wrong opinion? Also how do you guys quote messages
Peach has the average MP response

ColonelKai

Supreme Justice
Lawyer
Donator
Colonel_Kai
Colonel_Kai
Lawyer
I do plan on writing a more detailed report to present to the Parliament regarding further player involvement in logistics and vehicles

giggly999legs

Citizen
Lawyer
Donator
giggly999legs
giggly999legs
Lawyer
The bus could work on a time = block system (E.G., 1 minute = 100 blocks.)
Also the same for the fairs could work on a time = Kr's (E.G., 1 minute = 3 kr.)

There could be a option for buss passes of different tiers (E.G., A day buss pass = 20kr, a week buss pass = 140 kr (or possibly a small discount of 20kr or something.)

arwwy

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
arwwy
arwwy
CommunityCoordinator
I heard there's a plugin that can move blocks on rails, without falling apart.