MsGeorgia's Election Post (December 2020)

MsGeorgia

Department of Internal Development
Donator
MsGeorgia
MsGeorgia
Ranger
Hi guys! My name is MsGeorgia and I'm running for parliament for a second time :D Im 18 years old, Ive been on the server in March of 2020 and my current playtime is 54 days :D I know I left for a few months while I was getting on my feet at college but I'm so excited to be back now and I would love to get the opportunity to be a Member of Parliament again!

I was apart of parliament from June-end of July/beginning of August when I left for college. Here are some of the bills i passed while in parl and:
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/pet-abuse-act.8665/
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/em-sign-abuse.8408/
https://mcbusinesscraft.com/forum/threads/edit-to-the-animal-rights-laws.8217/
*not linked are ones I helped make/write*
Here are some of what i stand for and things I would like to pass while in parl:
First I'd like to day that Im always open to hearing new ideas from players! I have already been talking to some players about what kind of bills they'd like to see if I get into parl :)

I'm a huge advocate for animals rights as you can tell by the bills i passed during my term and the fact that I'm an EM again lol I'm always looking for ways to improve them and Im always open to listen to players about what kind of changes they want to see to them

I'm also interested in finding a way to prevent people from coming on only once a month for a few minutes to keep mall shops and plots! This would help cut down on shops and businesses staying empty but the owner still coming on to keep them and allow new businesses a place to set up shop!

(also yes sprite I would love to create a Head Judge position but since a lot of people already put it in their posts I figured I'd leave it out of mine lol)

I know this post wasn't as detailed or much of anything great but I loved being in parl and I would love to get the opportunity to be apart of it again if you'd give me the chance! Thank you for reading my election post and I look forward to hearing from yall about questions regarding my campaign :) I'm super active on discord, the forums and in game so if you have any questions or wanna talk about my post you can find me on any one of those :D

MsGeorgia

Donator
MsGeorgia
MsGeorgia
Ranger
Can you elaborate more on your bills and how they would be implemented?

Hey lob! Sure can! Sorry for taking so long, had a lot of stuff going on, and its finals for the next two weeks :)

When it comes to preventing people from avoiding eviction or unrenting here's sorta my plan:
it would be a law that would be monitored by PI's and basically, if a player notices a shop that is rented by a player that is inactive and the last time they were on was when the shop was re-rented and the person has done this for at least 2 months, they can report it to a PI to evict said person. I think the important part of this is making sure there is enough time to make sure it's not just an accident but a short enough time to make sure they cant do it for too long which is why I'd recommend that it could only be used if said person has done this at least 2 months in a row so people couldn't abuse it just to get shops. Players are typically very aware of people who are inactive but have rented shops. The same kind of thing would go with plots, there are some people who log on once a month to keep their plots, so if a player knows someone is inactive but who logs on once a month for a few minutes to keep their plots and its happened 2 or more months in a row, they could also report it to a PI who would then be able to evict them. There could be loopholes or areas of confusion which is why I'd work with the other MPs to make the bill the best it can be and as clear as possible.

as of right now that's the bill that I have planned out the best, I'm still working on some others but I would rather have them fully planned out and have done the research necessary before stating any of those because I would rather be fully educated on what I'm talking about rather than just saying things and doing the research later :) but once i have those done ill make sure to add them to my post in full so people can look at them :)

violetunknown

Your Friendly Neighborhood Trash Panda
Deputy Prime Minister
Department of Public Affairs
Lawyer
Donator
violetunknown
violetunknown
Deputy Prime Minister
Gl other grandma

LobsterRoast

Actually the best
Lawyer
Donator
LobsterRoast
LobsterRoast
Lawyer
Hey lob! Sure can! Sorry for taking so long, had a lot of stuff going on, and its finals for the next two weeks :)

When it comes to preventing people from avoiding eviction or unrenting here's sorta my plan:
it would be a law that would be monitored by PI's and basically, if a player notices a shop that is rented by a player that is inactive and the last time they were on was when the shop was re-rented and the person has done this for at least 2 months, they can report it to a PI to evict said person. I think the important part of this is making sure there is enough time to make sure it's not just an accident but a short enough time to make sure they cant do it for too long which is why I'd recommend that it could only be used if said person has done this at least 2 months in a row so people couldn't abuse it just to get shops. Players are typically very aware of people who are inactive but have rented shops. The same kind of thing would go with plots, there are some people who log on once a month to keep their plots, so if a player knows someone is inactive but who logs on once a month for a few minutes to keep their plots and its happened 2 or more months in a row, they could also report it to a PI who would then be able to evict them. There could be loopholes or areas of confusion which is why I'd work with the other MPs to make the bill the best it can be and as clear as possible.

as of right now that's the bill that I have planned out the best, I'm still working on some others but I would rather have them fully planned out and have done the research necessary before stating any of those because I would rather be fully educated on what I'm talking about rather than just saying things and doing the research later :) but once i have those done ill make sure to add them to my post in full so people can look at them :)
That seems a bit hard to enforce but nonetheless i'm interested to see how you go about implementing it! good luck uwu