Answered / Added Non-Player-Characters NPC's

TheMoneyMan

Citizen
Banned
I think that if we added NPC's then people would play more often and have more fun. For example you could go to some adoption center, you can adopt a kid, or you can hire NPC's to work around your farms, HQ, etc. You could teach the kids to start working. Or just let them be homeless, IDK. But I think that this could lead to a adoption care job. You can take care of NPC's.

Nature_Girl

Trial Moderator
Hmm, that's interesting. But I don't think it would be a very good idea to let NPC's work for you, cause that would probably ruin the community, and less people would be working together if you can just go and adopt an NPC or whatever the case is when you can work together with another player. In the other way I think I like the idea.

A1phaSniper

The Airplane Guy
Donator
I've tried to suggest a plugin similar to what you are describing, but it would produce way too much lag.

bharatj

Staff member
Member of Parliament
Department of Justice
Department of Construction
Lawyer
bharatj
bharatj
MemberOfParliament
I agree with Nature_Girl. NPCs would be cool for things like adoption and stuff but they shouldn't be able to work for you.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
This will cause lag, be an annoyance to people, make people lazy, and change the server into a raise a child simulator... No thanks...

Vroomba

Citizen
Donator
Vroomba
Vroomba
Tier2
Adoption would be optional not mandatory.
And we have no clue if it would cause lag. The only thing that seems like to cause a lot of lag is redstone machinery and the vehicle plugin, and some other source of random lagspikes.

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
OR, how about before we add new things, we fix the already broken things we have, such as businesses, those things are completely useless as of right now, focus on fixing that before we add new stuff...

parker3232

The Cookie Dealer
Donator
Doesn’t change anything, the other actual issues should be fixed before we screw around adding new things which break new things. I see absolutely no need for this, it adds more bugs, lag, increases laziness, and turns the server into a raise a child simulator, people don’t need to get lazier, we don’t need more lag than we have, and the amount of bugs I could see coming with this is terrible, if they want kids, start a role play, if they want people being cashiers or doing jobs, just have people be cashiers or doing jobs, there isn’t any use from this, it just makes the community seperate from each other, instead of player interactions it’s an NPC, and by then, we’d might as well just make everything NPCs. If you really want a suggestion, fix the already broken stuff, several things are broken, the economy for a start. Also the fact that the server is called BusinessCraft and yet businesses are one of the worst ways of making money,

Koalition

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Koalition
Koalition
This plugin would produce too much unnecessary lag. We tested this a while back on a private staff server and we found no good use for it.